SASS Wire Forum

SOLD Uberti High Wall 45-70

Tyrel Cody

For Sale Uberti High Wall 45-70, 32" Octagon Barrel, I believe the tang sights are Lee Shaver(not sure as there are no markings on the sight), Globe front sight, barrel was relined at some point and is very accurate. $900 shipped or best reasonable offer. Receiving FFL MUST accept from a non-FFL. SOLD

Weight is 10lbs.

Trade interests, I can add a little cash on my end if needed:

Lassister or Coyote Cap tuned 87'

Ruger Vaqueros(old or  new) .357

3 minutes ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Tyrel,  what is the weight of this rifle?  Thanks - SCJ

Taylor's web site says 9.5 lbs. I'm at work, but I'll weigh for sure late this afternoon/evening.

3 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Taylor's web site says 9.5 lbs. I'm at work, but I'll weigh for sure late this afternoon/evening.

Ok thanks! SCJ

Dang I was hoping it would go at least 13 lbs. I'm looking for a single shot for long range competition in the  black powder class, I think with that  crescent butt stock it would really wallop the shoulder using 500 gr. bullets, you mentioned the barrel was relined, any idea why and who did it? Hate to badger you with all the questions but I have not ruled it out yet. Oh you also mentioned it was accurate did you compete with it? Thanks- SCJ

@Silver Creek Jack

I am the third owner. The story I got was that the original owner bought it an never shot it. He sold it a couple years later to the gentleman I bought it from. He said the chamber was not right and his gunsmith recommended sleeving it. I cannot remember the gunsmith now but back then I did a search on assra.com and he was recommended as a good Smith.

The reason he had a Smith do it was Uberti wouldn't honor warranty for the second owner. 

I shot it in a couple of our long range matches out to 200-230 yards. Hit all the gongs no problem(smallest is 6 inches). I used Unique and Trail Boss for powders with 385 gr. bullets. The crescent didn't cause me a problem, just have to hold it more on the arm. I think it's Driftwood Johnson here that explains it best.

Tyrel, I sure hope S Sam or somebody buys that fine lookin' rifle.  Iffin they don't & I can peddle some things @ Memphis  I will be in touch.  Sure glad that you are shootin' faster with all that BP,  'cause if I am runnin'  the time,r I can only hold my breath soo long:rolleyes:.  C-U, C. W.   :FlagAm: 

1 minute ago, C. W. Knight # 47289L said:

Tyrel, I sure hope S Sam or somebody buys that fine lookin' rifle.  Iffin they don't & I can peddle some things @ Memphis  I will be in touch.  Sure glad that you are shootin' faster with all that BP,  'cause if I am runnin'  the time,r I can only hold my breath soo long:rolleyes:.  C-U, C. W.   :FlagAm: 

LOL.! Last two matches I've shot smokless and sqaw grip; but it just don't feel right being able to SEE the targets.

Ok, yeah I know the "proper" way to shoot the crescent, a few years ago I was shooting my buddys rolling block in a stout black powder load and it wasn't bad at all until I forgot and set the crescent back into my shoulder pocket and damn! That frickin hurt! Anyhow I have a guy that is interested in a couple of Uberti .357  mag. pistols I have if he buys them next sunday I will give you a call and see if we can work a deal. Thanks for the information!  SCJ

2 minutes ago, C. W. Knight # 47289L said:

Tyrel,  I would like to see the rifle in person if it is not a big bother.  I am really trying to downsize but durn that is a beauty:rolleyes:.  C-U, C.W.  :FlagAm:

No problem at all.

Archived