SASS Wire Forum

Shootout at Pawnee Station, July 5-7 2019, Nunn, CO

Grizzly Dave

3 minutes ago, LUTHER JUSTICE REGULATOR #5600 said:

"I know I'm beating this topic to death, but atleast the club would be stepping on the same foot that they normally step on."

It makes sense to schedule a match following EOT for entries.  If this disturbs you, question the 3 other clubs who scheduled a match on the same weekend as Pawnee.....not a normal schedule for 2 of the 3.  Simply stated......POLITICS!  Yes, it exists even in CAS!

Ummm...disturbs?

Not really. 

I would strongly disagree with scheduling it right after EOT. Most folks are looking for a bit of a break after EOT. HOW schedules their match the following weekend to EOT as they traditionally get a good amount of participation from the folks from Australia. 

What club's annuals are moved to your traditional 3rd weekend??

Phantom

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I know I'm beating this topic to death, but at least the club would be stepping on the same foot that they normally step on.

Just seems odd...

Have a good one!

Phantom

2 hours ago, Grizzly Davesaid:

"I know I'm beating this topic to death, but atleast the club would be stepping on the same foot that they normally step on."

It makes sense to schedule a match following EOT for entries.  If this disturbs you, question the 3 other clubs who scheduled a match on the same weekend as Pawnee.....not a normal schedule for 2 of the 3.  Simply stated......POLITICS!  Yes, it exists eve

11 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Ummm...disturbs?

Not really. 

I would strongly disagree with scheduling it right after EOT. Most folks are looking for a bit of a break after EOT. HOW schedules their match the following weekend to EOT as they traditionally get a good amount of participation from the folks from Australia. 

What club's annuals are moved to your traditional 3rd weekend??

Phantom

Makes more sense scheduling it after a shoot that is 60 miles away and NOT the same week as EOT.  Again POLITICS by ALL!

12 minutes ago, LUTHER JUSTICE REGULATOR #5600 said:

Makes more sense scheduling it after a shoot that is 60 miles away and NOT the same week as EOT.  Again POLITICS by ALL!

Politics... You mean like someone does you wrong so you do the same????

Who exactly does this benefit? At least in theory, politics is supposed to help the folks being represented.

Phantom

6 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Politics... You mean like someone does you wrong so you do the same????

Who exactly does this benefit? At least in theory, politics is supposed to help the folks being represented.

Phantom

I never said that nor inferred it.  Why do you not answer the questions I asked?  Why don't you post and question on why two of the three clubs changed their dates to go against Pawnee's annual shoot?    Why did you bring this up since you didn't shoot either one as I  see it?  

You bring up the definition of politics and if you believe that politics is to help people then you are living in a different world than mine.

It looks to me that the shooters picked the match or matches they wanted to shoot.  Also what do the Australians have to do with this?

Just now, LUTHER JUSTICE REGULATOR #5600 said:

I never said that nor inferred it.  Why do you not answer the questions I asked?  Why don't you post and question on why two of the three clubs changed their dates to go against Pawnee's annual shoot?    Why did you bring this up since you didn't shoot either one as I  see it?  

You bring up the definition of politics and if you believe that politics is to help people then you are living in a different world than mine.

It looks to me that the shooters picked the match or matches they wanted to shoot.  Also what do the Australians have to do with this?

Wow... okay.

What clubs are you referring to?? I asked this in previous post. You didn't answer that.

The Australian comment was in reference to attendance after EOT.

Are you even reading my posts with an open mind?

Phantom

36 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Wow... okay.

What clubs are you referring to?? I asked this in previous post. You didn't answer that.

The Australian comment was in reference to attendance after EOT.

Are you even reading my posts with an open mind?

Phantom

I cannot find where you asked what clubs I was referring to.  But for your Information the clubs that shoot out of their schedule's normal day was  Border Vigilantes and Briggsdale County Shootist clubs who along with Wildcat Ridge always schedule a match against Pawnee.  So please don't play stupid with me.  You think politics are to help people and in most cases they do not.  You are very naive or do not know the history between Pawnee  and Border Vigilantes.  I have heard both sides and somewhere in the middle is the truth.  I supported BV and Pawnee this year.  They just don't like each other due to past history. When was the last time you shot at Pawnee

By the way I have read all rebuttal post's and you really don't ask no questions.  I truly believe you have a ulterior motive for your original post of asking why Pawnee changed the date for the annual shoot.  Common sense would explain it to me.

19 minutes ago, LUTHER JUSTICE REGULATOR #5600 said:

I cannot find where you asked what clubs I was referring to.  But for your Information the clubs that shoot out of their schedule's normal day was  Border Vigilantes and Briggsdale County Shootist clubs who along with Wildcat Ridge always schedule a match against Pawnee.  So please don't play stupid with me.  You think politics are to help people and in most cases they do not.  You are very naive or do not know the history between Pawnee  and Border Vigilantes.  I have heard both sides and somewhere in the middle is the truth.  I supported BV and Pawnee this year.  They just don't like each other due to past history. When was the last time you shot at Pawnee

By the way I have read all rebuttal post's and you really don't ask no questions.  I truly believe you have a ulterior motive for your original post of asking why Pawnee changed the date for the annual shoot.  Common sense would explain it to me.

Well yer just a peach.

You are referring to the Iron Man match. I was thinking more in lines with a singular club's annual. So your club puts it's annual during the first weekend of July when your usual club match is on the 3rd weekend...and you are mad at Border Vigilantes, Wildcat Ridge (Who normally shoot on the first weekend of the month) and Briggsdale?

Gotcha. 

I shot Pawnee a few months back when I first arrived in Colorado. Wasn't a bad match...would shoot there again when I can...unless I'm of the wrong politics...:rolleyes:

You're tone sounds paranoid. I hope you don't represent the club. My motives (and feel free to research my consistency regarding stepping on other local clubs...you can contact folks from Plum Creek and Green Mountain Regulators and ask them how I feel about the topic), are not nefarious ones. 

You seem to have a major burr under yer saddle...perhaps this has something to do with the scheduling of your annual during the first weekend vs. the third weekend??

Phantom

I don’t understand why anyone would be attacking Pawnee station for running this great event. It is just a shoot that cowboys choose to attend and enjoy. Why Phantom is making such a big deal over this is beyond me. 

I would love to attend this event. Not really interested in EOT. 

44 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I don’t understand why anyone would be attacking Pawnee station for running this great event. It is just a shoot that cowboys choose to attend and enjoy. Why Phantom is making such a big deal over this is beyond me. 

I would love to attend this event. Not really interested in EOT. 

Oh... I'm making a big deal cuz I asked a question... Wow!!!

The Cowboy Way in all it's glory!!

Forgot that the Wire is where one doesn't question anything:lol:

35 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Well yer just a peach.

You are referring to the Iron Man match. I was thinking more in lines with a singular club's annual. So your club puts it's annual during the first weekend of July when your usual club match is on the 3rd weekend...and you are mad at Border Vigilantes, Wildcat Ridge (Who normally shoot on the first weekend of the month) and Briggsdale?

Gotcha. 

I shot Pawnee a few months back when I first arrived in Colorado. Wasn't a bad match...would shoot there again when I can...unless I'm of the wrong politics...:rolleyes:

You're tone sounds paranoid. I hope you don't represent the club. My motives (and feel free to research my consistency regarding stepping on other local clubs...you can contact folks from Plum Creek and Green Mountain Regulators and ask them how I feel about the topic), are not nefarious ones. 

You seem to have a major burr under yer saddle...perhaps this has something to do with the scheduling of your annual during the first weekend vs. the third weekend??

Phantom

I hate to say this but you seem to be a fool!  I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PAWNEE STATION.  Do you get it?  I live in Arizona .You are the one who started this.  NOT ME!  All I am doing is stating facts which you do not.  You are the one that rode into this verbal rodeo with a burr under your a__.   I am not mad at anybody.  Where did I say that?  Again it all started because of politics.

Remember you started this, not me!  Can you understand that?  I believe probably not!  I've seen you put other folks down with your condescending attitude!

By the way if I'm a peach you must be the apple the barrel did not need!

Both HoW and the Pawnee annual are scheduled to try and get shooters from EOT, and both are not on their normal weekend, as they both shoot 3rd Saturdays.

Pawnee also has a regular 5th Saturday shoot, which is when HoW fell this this, we wished our regulars well who were going and wished them good luck.

36 minutes ago, LUTHER JUSTICE REGULATOR #5600 said:

I hate to say this but you seem to be a fool!  I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PAWNEE STATION.  Do you get it?  I live in Arizona .You are the one who started this.  NOT ME!  All I am doing is stating facts which you do not.  You are the one that rode into this verbal rodeo with a burr under your a__.   I am not mad at anybody.  Where did I say that?  Again it all started because of politics.

Remember you started this, not me!  Can you understand that?  I believe probably not!  I've seen you put other folks down with your condescending attitude!

By the way if I'm a peach you must be the apple the barrel did not need!

Yer not worth arguing with since your position is so poorly articulated.

We all make errors... Spelling... grammatical... structural...may I suggest proof reading your posts before hitting the submit button.

Phantom

Did I say how much fun the match was?

I even chatted up the ladies outside of LJs Pleasure Palace, but they wooden talk to me.  Someone suggested I should try again with money in my hand....

65625982_10217688521718923_1008304526911

7 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Both HoW and the Pawnee annual are scheduled to try and get shooters from EOT, and both are not on their normal weekend, as they both shoot 3rd Saturdays.

Pawnee also has a regular 5th Saturday shoot, which is when HoW fell this this, we wished our regulars well who were going and wished them good luck.

Well there in lies the issue that I'm curious about.

How exactly does the "play off EOT" work? I can see a shoot right before EOT as a kind of warm up... But most folks that I'm familiar with are ready for a break after EOT.

Simple question... Can folks please not assume some weird nefarious motive to my question(s)??

Phantom

My opinion is that both HoW and Pawnee are hoping to get some internationals who want to make a long run at their stay in the states, as well as some retired Americans who want to make a longer trip.  We had Sam Balin and Lucy Trigger shoot with us this year, by his accent I'd think he's from down under.  And in the past few years, Jackeroo and Kathouse Kelli (and others) have shot with us, though Jack and Kat were living in Oklahoma at least part of that time, so I don't know if that counts completely.

Another factor that likely plays into it, is that by holding the Pawnee match the weekend following a mid week 4th of July holiday, it would allow more folks to come play and include side match day as they got extra paid time off during the week.  I can tell you that side match day was well attended this year, and lots of folks came out early and camped for much of the week before the match.

9 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Yer not worth arguing with since your position is so poorly articulated.

We all make errors... Spelling... grammatical... structural...may I suggest proof reading your posts before hitting the submit button.

Phantom

I would  not take any suggestions from you.  You never answered  a question I asked  nor made a point to show your side.  It's real funny since I've had over 40 e-mails from shooters to not let down on you.  Maybe you should review your proof reading of what you say!

If that's all you got, than you got nothing!

10 minutes ago, LUTHER JUSTICE REGULATOR #5600 said:

I would  not take any suggestions from you.  You never answered  a question I asked  nor made a point to show your side.  It's real funny since I've had over 40 e-mails from shooters to not let down on you.  Maybe you should review your proof reading of what you say!

If that's all you got, than you got nothing!

Oh my, 40!!

:lol:

First, I have no "side".

Secondly, I believe I answered all coherent questions.

Perhaps one or more of your "40" could address my simple question...?

Now some background for you conspiratorial folks:. I usually go to the ranch in Steamboat for the 4th of July. That was cancelled because my good friend and major component of the 4 th celebration was in Europe participating in the D-day stuff. He flew his C47 over there... So when I saw that Pawnee was shooting on that weekend I wrote it off my list.  Then when I found out I was going to be in town, I looked at what club shoots on the first weekend - Wildcat Ridge! Was reminded about Pawnee Saturday at the shoot... Lead me to ask why they were shooting on the first weekend.

There ya have it!!!  Cuuuuurazy isn't it!!!!

Down right evil!!!!

:lol:

Who cares what you do on the July 4th!  You are the one that criticized Pawnee for changing their date.  You never answered why you even questioned their scheduling or questioned why BV and Briggsdale changed their dates.  Really who cares except you.  My point is that all these clubs have to do what they must do to survive.  You have no clue of the past or politics that were played many years ago.  I tried to explain politics but you obviously do not know what that entails.   

15 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I know I'm beating this topic to death, but at least the club would be stepping on the same foot that they normally step on.

Just seems odd...

Have a good one!

Phantom

Shut up Phantom!!! LOL :D:D:D:wub: love you too.

Pawnee has had their annual on the weekend closest to July 4th for many years if my memory serves me right. So wildcat ridge knew that, not a surprise. Pawnee has been around longer than wildcat ridge has been as well. Many years longer, used to shoot where wildcat shoots  in fact. 

Everyone has their choice where to shoot. I chose Pawnee. Was not sorry. Was a great match. 

Painted Filly 

Archived