SASS Wire Forum

Shootout at Pawnee Station, July 5-7 2019, Nunn, CO

Grizzly Dave

Come one, come all and join us for the shootout at Pawnee Station, July 5 thu 7, 2019 in Nunn, Colorado!

Info and entry forms can be found on the Pawnee Station website!

Hope to see you all there!

If you have any questions, let me know, if I don't know the answer, I'll find out fer ya!

Grizz

Fingers crossed my daughter is able to handle hanging out at the range. So, planning on it

2 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

Fingers crossed my daughter is able to handle hanging out at the range. So, planning on it

You'll have a good time at Pawnee Station - & if there's a way to swing it, stop in at Briggsdale County Shootists just a little south east  of there on your way home the following weekend.

5 minutes ago, Yusta B. said:

You'll have a good time at Pawnee Station - & if there's a way to swing it, stop in at Briggsdale County Shootists just a little south east  of there on your way home the following weekend.

I really enjoy the Pawnee match, and Briggsdale has been on my list for a few years. Hoping 2019 is the year despite this unexpected life change

Just now, StirrupTrouble said:

I really enjoy the Pawnee match, and Briggsdale has been on my list for a few years. Hoping 2019 is the year despite this unexpected life change

It can only do ya some good  my friend. Best wishes & straight shootin !

• 4 weeks later...

Emy and I are looking forward to it. Obviously, she won't be shooting, but she wants to come camping

Glad to hear you guys are comin back to Pawnee in 2019.  Lookin forward to another good time.  I'm signed up for the Siege at Clarks Station.  See all you cowboys there in May.

• 1 month later...

The snow is falling today in the Colorado Territory, but rest assured, spring and summer will come.  And July will be here before you know it!

Get those entries in now and firm up your plans before you forget!

Gonna be a hoot and at least three hollars, sure hope to see you there!

As always, if you have any questions, please ask me, if I don't know the answer, I'll find out for ya!

Grizz

50070706_10211068757234898_8575733003462

• 3 weeks later...

YeeHaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it time to shoot yet?

The hard working cowgirls and cowboys at Pawnee Station are already at work to make sure everyone has a good time, sure hope that you can join us!

Grizz

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to this shoot, and Emy is really wanting to camp and wear her prairie dresses

• 1 month later...

Get those entries in folks!

We sure are looking forward to hosting you at the Shootout for Pawnee Station!

Cowboy match

Wildbunch mini match

Cowboy warm ups

Side matches

Sporting clays

dry camping right at the range

lunch included in match fee

yeehaw, it's gonna be FUN!

• 4 weeks later...

Emy won't be coming with after all, but I should get there on the 4th. Always a fun match

• 5 weeks later...
People people people! (name that movie) There is still room and time to get your entries in for the Shootout at Pawnee Station! The sooner the better though, as final arrangements need to be made with the caterer etc.

ALSO don't forget that we get to shoot a cowboy match this Saturday June 15, and a Wild Bunch match on Sunday! There will also be a 5th Saturday match on June 25th to get in a little last minute practice for the annual. Hope to see you all there!

For those that are coming and will be there for side match day, we can use volunteers to help run the side matches.  Contact me to volunteer and reserve a time slot.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy cowboys and cowgirls!

The Shootout at Pawnee Station is just around the corner!

The schedule for side matches is below.  We need some cowboys and cowgirls to help man the side matches for however much time you can spare.  Many hands makes for light work, and with enough folks, we can all get a chance to shoot the side matches!  This year speed pistol/gunfighter/1911, speed rifle, and speed shotgun (all flavors) will be on bays with cover for shade!  Please please please let me know if you can volunteer to run a side match for a spell.

Friday, July 5th

1:00 – 4:30 PM Side Matches
Cowboy Warm-Up Stages
Speed Pistol / Gunfighter / 1911,
Speed Rifle,
Speed Shotgun (SxS, ’97, ’87, Hammer),
Pocket Pistol & Derringer
2:30 0 4:30 PM Long Range ,
Quigley

Saturday afternoon after lunch, there will be an informal swap and sell time.  Plan on bringing the cowboy items you no longer need to sell, and plenty of gold dust to buy what you need!  Disclaimer:  It is YOUR responsibility to follow any and all local, state, and federal laws for the transfer of any items that may have laws governing them!

See you at the SHOOTOUT!

Really looking for this match to get here. Have some new loading blocks to show you Grizz,  they are not up to yours, but are pretty neat, see you before long.

Bulldog

For those that want even more shooting at the Shootout, here ya go!

Cowboy Clays event with Great Guns Sporting during the Shootout.

Cowboy Clays

• Five stage, 50 rounds
  • Using any main match legal shotgun
  • Two Categories - Double and Pump/Lever
  • Shooters can compete in both categories for double the entry fee
  • Saturday at 2:00 pm

Grizz I just emailed my entry to Red River!!!!!!!!!!!! I am coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked to posse with you :)

Filly

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

So how was the match??

It was AWESOME!!!!!

Scores are up HERE

And a number of folks have posted pictures on the Pawnee Station facebook group  HERE

This was a great match, talk with a lot of our friends and made a lot of new ones. Thanks to all who put this shoot on like I said it was great. Will be back next year.

Bulldog Brown

4 minutes ago, Bulldog Brown said:

This was a great match, talk with a lot of our friends and made a lot of new ones. Thanks to all who put this shoot on like I said it was great. Will be back next year.

Bulldog Brown

Always good to see you Bulldog.  I get tired of picking on the same old people so it's good when you show up for me to harass!

Good to see you Bulldog and Miss Connie again.  Glad you had a good time with us and made it home safely.  I'm plannin on coming to Kansas again next year.  Oh, and thanks again for the loading block.  Take care, cowboy.

Would probably have liked to shoot the match...but it feel on the first weekend when I shoot Wildcat's match.

Why did you guys have it on a weekend that isn't your traditional 3rd weekend???

Phantom

18 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Would probably have liked to shoot the match...but it feel on the first weekend when I shoot Wildcat's match.

Why did you guys have it on a weekend that isn't your traditional 3rd weekend???

Phantom

You'd have to ask the powers that be for a definitive answer, but I believe it's so that folks can go from EOT, to HoW, then down to our match.  It's been that way for a number of years.   Not to mention that in the Northern Colorado Southern Wyoming region there are multiple matches on any given weekend.  You'd have enjoyed it, lots of variety, knock downs, flyers, and of course all the stage dressings were in abundance.  Food was awesome, catered BBQ, and awards were very nice.

Hope to see you next year! 

29 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

You'd have to ask the powers that be for a definitive answer, but I believe it's so that folks can go from EOT, to HoW, then down to our match.  It's been that way for a number of years.   Not to mention that in the Northern Colorado Southern Wyoming region there are multiple matches on any given weekend.  You'd have enjoyed it, lots of variety, knock downs, flyers, and of course all the stage dressings were in abundance.  Food was awesome, catered BBQ, and awards were very nice.

Hope to see you next year! 

I hear ya about the "Powers that be"...but...there's always a butt...we down in Texas and California (where my experiences come from), try to keep annuals on "our" weekends so that it doesn't hurt the other Local clubs.

Just curious...

Phantom

7 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I hear ya about the "Powers that be"...but...there's always a butt...we down in Texas and California (where my experiences come from), try to keep annuals on "our" weekends so that it doesn't hurt the other Local clubs.

Just curious...

Phantom

If we did it Third Saturday, it would be going against the Border Vigilantes monthly.  It's great to be in an area with so many clubs and options of places to shoot, but it does make scheduling interesting at times.

13 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

If we did it Third Saturday, it would be going against the Border Vigilantes monthly.  It's great to be in an area with so many clubs and options of places to shoot, but it does make scheduling interesting at times.

I know I'm beating this topic to death, but at least the club would be stepping on the same foot that they normally step on.

Just seems odd...

Have a good one!

Phantom

"I know I'm beating this topic to death, but atleast the club would be stepping on the same foot that they normally step on."

It makes sense to schedule a match following EOT for entries.  If this disturbs you, question the 3 other clubs who scheduled a match on the same weekend as Pawnee.....not a normal schedule for 2 of the 3.  Simply stated......POLITICS!  Yes, it exists even in CAS!

Archived