SASS Wire Forum

SOLD: Model '73 Saddle Ring Carbine

RidgwayPlinker

For sale is a caliber .357 Uberti Model 1873 saddle-ring carbine with very nice star-pattern etching on the forearm.  This rifle is unmodified.  It has the wear typical of a gun that is used in monthly matches.  It shoots straight and operates very reliably.  (All misses are attributable to me, not the gun.)  Asking $1,000 plus the cost of shipping to the FFL of your choice.  FFL must be willing to accept sale of a gun from a private individual.

Thank you very much for our interest!

Engraving.jpg

port.jpg

starboard.jpg

Based on current activity in the classifieds I'm lowering my asking price to $850 plus the cost of shipping to your FFL holder.  I'm also prepared to consider any offer that is fair for both of us.

Thanks again for looking!

Hello,

Thank you for your interest.  It is a Navy Arms gun.  It definitely holds 10 cal .357 cartridges.  I typically shoot cal .38 Special gauged to an overall length of 1.460.  It will hold 11 of these.  Nice for scenarios that allow a reload at any time.

Will be at a match today but will get back to you with any information that you might need as soon as I can.

Thanks again!

Howdy C. B. Gatewood,

Thanks for the positive words about the rifle.  Always good to have some support.  Columbine still doesn't miss and she's getting a lot faster.

We miss you.  Colorado's loss was Oklahoma's gain.

Take care!

Plinker

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

I cant believe this took so long to sell.

I wanted it but am buying a car ahd my checkbook is 

glowing dull red now.

Did you want a Honda trade?

Best

CR

I was surprised as well.  However, I am please to have a good buyer.  Am in the same situation as you about cars.  Just had to do a trade.  Yikes!  Cars now cost twice as much as my first house.  Best to you too.  RP

Archived