SASS Wire Forum

Shot shell presses, 20 gauge presses remaining, offers?

Jackpine Bill

Continuing to clean house.  Have accumulated many shotshell presses over the years, I think mostly from estate buys, where I had to take everything, to get what I wanted, so other than the 650 12 gauge, that I think I used years ago, I have not used these, but they appear to be in fine working order.

1. SPF MEC 650, 12 gauge, do not have primer feed tubes.  I have loaded thousands of rounds on 650, and found that placing picking up a primer and dropping it in the carousel while my had is on its way to grab the shell I am going to take off, is just as fast and far more reliable.  1 1/8 shot bar and #34 powder insert.  Has large shot bottle, which has a crack and small piece broken out at top rim and repaired with silicone.  $95 plus shipping

Withdrawn2.  MEC 650, 20 gauge, do not have primer feed tubes, see my opinion on priming in #1.  7/8 shot bar and #26 powder insert.  $95 plus shipping

3. SPF MEC 600 Jr, 12 gauge, with 20 gauge conversion kit.  Have never installed conversion, but appears to be all there.  1 1/8 shot bar and #35 powder insert.  $85 plus shipping.  (I am fairly sure I can get this into a USPS Large Flat Rate Box, if I partially disassemble it.

4. SPF MEC  600 Jr, 12 gauge.  This is older press, but looks very serviceable.  Not bottles do not have plugs in bottom, but are easy to drill out with spade bit and can be plugged with cork or other suitable plug, or can be replaced with current production MEC bottles.  7/8 shot bar with #26 powder insert.  $50 plus shipping.  (same opinion on Flat rate box as #3

Withdrawn5.  Lee Load All 20 gauge.  I hav never used, but appears to be all there.  $35 plus shipping, and will go into Large Flat Rate USPS if I partially dissemble it.

Prefer PayPal, but will consider other payments, including live chickens, but no old laying hens.

Let me know if any questions.  I can send additional pics if desired.

Thanks for looking,

Jackpine Bill

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

2 minutes ago, El Cubano said:

Any idea what shipping on the 650 to florida would run about?

I am guessing $30 to $35.  I am leaving for doc appt shortly, but will try to try to figure it out when I get back and get back to you.

Thanks,

Jackpine

El Cubano,

According to the online quote I got, it would be $29 to ship UPS Ground, shipped to a residence, $4 less, if shipped to a business location.  Let me know if you would like it.

Thanks,

Jackpine

El Cabano,

Sent you a PM.  Let me know if you want the 12 gauge 650 or the 20 gauge 650.  or if you want them both, there is a twofer discount!!!!!

Jackpine

Sorry, El Cubano for mispelling in the previous post.  My English spelling is bad, but my Spanish spelling is es muy terrible.

36 minutes ago, El Cubano said:

Hopefully you mean I took #1 =)

Yes, El Cubano, you are correct.  You are getting #1, the MEC 650, 12 gauge, and Jericho is getting #3 which is the MEC 600 Jr, 12 gauge, with 20 gauge conversion kit.

Just not my day!!!!

Sorry,

Jackpine

And Boulder Canyon Bob (are you sure that is just with one "O"??????

If only those were once fired Federal Large Pistol MATCH primers, I would jump at your offer.  

I am glad to see that even with your arm in a sling you can still run a keyboard.  Hopefully you will soon be running guns again.

Jackpine

ps Bob, you should buy both the 20 gauge presses, and then you would have an excuse to buy two 20 gauge shotguns. I would personally deliver them to AZ for you and then assist you in shopping for the new shotguns.  

31 minutes ago, Jackpine Bill said:

And Boulder Canyon Bob (are you sure that is just with one "O"??????

If only those were once fired Federal Large Pistol MATCH primers, I would jump at your offer.  

I am glad to see that even with your arm in a sling you can still run a keyboard.  Hopefully you will soon be running guns again.

Jackpine

ps Bob, you should buy both the 20 gauge presses, and then you would have an excuse to buy two 20 gauge shotguns. I would personally deliver them to AZ for you and then assist you in shopping for the new shotguns.  

I already have a 20 ga, it was my first shotgun. An old single shot, missed many Grouse and Pheasants with it. It has the patented Jackpine Bill elec tape securing system holding the fore stock on.

1 hour ago, Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L said:

I already have a 20 ga, it was my first shotgun. An old single shot, missed many Grouse and Pheasants with it. It has the patented Jackpine Bill elec tape securing system holding the fore stock on.

I know that is true, but back that many decades ago,  when you were young, the only guns and shell loadings were black powder.  These presses are designed for use with smokeless powder and shot in guns designed and built since then, so my initial suggestion and offer still stands.  

And thanks for giving credit for my professional use of period correct electrical tape.

Your good friend,

Jackpine

I understand 12 gauge is the norm for our game, but thought I would get some response on the 20 gauge loaders.  

Anyone want to make an offer, before I move these to to "Plan B."

I won't be offended by your offer, if you are not offended if I say no.

Thanks,

Jackpine

Thanks Bob!!  Jackpine Annie had almost forgotten that day and  will really appreciate you posting a reminder.

And NO, the dress is NOT for sale.

(For those of you who do not know, because my "good friend" Bob did not explain, this was part of a charity match, where we raised over $4000 for Operation Smile, which does cleft palate surgeries on kids all over the world.  For all the ongoing enjoyment you seem to get from this Bob, I expect a larger donation next year.)

13 hours ago, Jackpine Bill said:

Thanks Bob!!  Jackpine Annie had almost forgotten that day and  will really appreciate you posting a reminder.

And NO, the dress is NOT for sale.

(For those of you who do not know, because my "good friend" Bob did not explain, this was part of a charity match, where we raised over $4000 for Operation Smile, which does cleft palate surgeries on kids all over the world.  For all the ongoing enjoyment you seem to get from this Bob, I expect a larger donation next year.)

Yeah, I'll double my contribution next year depending on how you "dress". It certainly is a worthy cause and I get a great deal of entertainment out of giving you grief about it. 

Archived