SASS Wire Forum

Mason Dixon Stampede

Scores haven't been posted yet, but here's a picture of page 1, I took last night after the awards.

Congratulations to Walker Colt as top man and overall and Spinning Sally as top lady!  2nd year in a row for Walker as top overall shooter and 4th year in a row for Sally as Top Divisional Lady.

MDS page 1 scores.jpg

1 hour ago, Sgt. Hochbauer, SASS #64409 said:

Fun match .....nice stages. If you did come ...you missed a good match!

Sgt Hochbauer

I'll second that!  The committee really put together an excellent match and went from Plan A to B and even C when necessary in order to keep things flowing smoothly.  

2 minutes ago, Dutch Coroner said:

Scores haven't been posted yet, but here's a picture of page 1, I took last night after the awards.

MDS page 1 scores.jpg

I can be found on page 3 if anyone is wondering.  :D

Scores are up.  Sorry for the delay, still dealin with a few website issues.

Follow the links at the top of the page, the Overall and Side Match scores are up.  Category Finish will be up shortly.

www.masondixonstampede.org

edit: Category Finish and and easier to read Overall Finish scores were just uploaded.

Congratulations to Walker Colt, Top Gun and shooting Gunfighter. I've always wanted to meet you.

I have thought about shooting this match for a while but never seem to get there. Since this is the Eastern Divisional Championship, I was surprised by the low attendance and the slightly higher than usual times for the top shooters as compared to several other larger matches. I'm not trying to in an way find fault with the match or cast any negativity, just inquiring. Still hope to be there, some day.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Keystone,

The Stampede suffered from a couple of years of absolutely miserable weather, something no Match Director can control, and it hurt our attendance badly.  And although the weather had been good the last couple of years, (2017 was about as perfect as one could want), attendance suffered.

We committed ourselves to re-engineering our match so that, no matter the weather, folks would be thrilled that they came and we have spent the last two years quietly re-engineering our match.  From new props, refreshed shooting scenarios, unique targets, and movement on the stages, the Mason Dixon Stampede is well on it's way to becoming the match you do not want to miss, east of the Mississippi.  You should definitely plan to be here next year.  It's going to be great!

As to the slower times, I think that can be explained in two parts.  The first is that the times reflect the fact that all of the stages incorporated some movement, which slowed things down just a bit.

The second, and probably most significant, is that a great many folks backed off their top speed just a touch, in order to make sure they got what I consider to be the nicest Clean Match Token in SASS.  It was the brainchild of Misfire Maggie and she spearheaded it through design, into production, and now this 2" diameter token has become a highly desired award.  So much so that 43 of the shooters shot the match clean.  That is almost 41% of the shooters with a Clean Match!  I know I'd sure like to win one!  :P

841220678_CleanMatchCoins.thumb.jpg.49bd9870556ddaf3b3df3d863227297d.jpg

Dates for the 2019 SASS Eastern Divisional - the Mason Dixon Stampede, are 03 Oct - 06 Oct 2019.  Applications for next years match were handed out to the match attendees at registration and should go online in the next few weeks.  It's going to be an awesome match, You Don't Want Too Miss It!

Don't mistake those times for slow shooters.  The stages were great with sweeps that were easy on the mind but not the typical right to left or left to right.  There also was movement - not too much but either lateral or downrange movement.  Targets were very user friendly, but not in your face.  It was a very nice match with very well thought out stages. 

Howdy & Thanks for the reply,

No doubt there isn't much you can do about weather. Glad y'all are back on track and making significant improvements. That sure is one spiffy Clean Match Token. Sure would be great to earn one. Is there still a country style restaurant in Thurmont? Many, many years ago I used to run the roads between York, PA and Hood College in Frederick, MD. Maybe next year I'll make the trek to the Mason Dixon Stampede.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

1 hour ago, Keystone, SASS # 47578 said:

Howdy & Thanks for the reply,

... Is there still a country style restaurant in Thurmont? Many, many years ago I used to run the roads between York, PA and Hood College in Frederick, MD. Maybe next year I'll make the trek to the Mason Dixon Stampede.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Mountain Gate Restaurant and Bollinger's Family Restaurant are two that I know of Keystone. Unfortunately The Cozy Restaurant was sold and closed some years ago.

Hope to see you next year!

MTC

Archived