SASS Wire Forum

Cautionary Note about Posting Loading Data

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:57 AM, Carolina Gunslinger said:

The safety culture comment is not directed at SASS and its rules. It is directed at the fear mongering people who already have us wearing safety vests and hard hats in the middle of an open field with warning labels on every last thing. You keep on chipping away at good things and calling them dangerous...and that's right where you'll end us up on this forum. 

I'm with Carolina Gunslinger on this one. 

Maybe this forum needs to consider a disclaimer such as Handloader magazine puts under every load table they publish "Be Alert- Publisher cannot accept responsibility for errors in published load data."

Society as a whole would be better off if folks used their noggins.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever I publish a load, some (but not all) of which I have tested for pressure-time curve profiles, I always post the notation that I assume NO responsibility for the use of the data in guns other than my own, and maybe not then!  The data is posted solely for the interest of the readers.  Nuff said!

On 10/7/2018 at 4:49 PM, Hoss said:

Next match he tells me he had changed his load to 4.5 Bullseye, 200 grn bullet. I thought that sounded about right. 

KABOOM! Loads sounded hotter than ever. After 2 stages we told him he could not shoot those as they were too hot. He insured they were 4.5 Bullseye which should have been a mild load. Then he had a csse separation in rifle. We pretty much insisted he finish match with other guns/ammo. (I loaned him mine). A Pard pocketed a few rounds, when he got home pulled them down. Found 14.5 Bullseye. Shooter had his balance scale set incorrectly, the 10 poise was in the wrong place!!!! How in the world those Ubertis did not come apart is beyond me!!

This may be the best advertisement for using Trail Boss (when not using BP or subs) in old black powder calibers that I have ever seen.

Seamus

when I share data I post a picture of the page showing the caliber and bullet as well as the data. Then it's on the reader to git 'er right.

If no picture, I TRIPLE check my entry.  BTW, GLAD we can share data now. 

Archived