SASS Wire Forum

Red Knee

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Hey Randy.

The more, the merrier.

And the Merrier, the more $$$ we raise for Cancer cures.

..........Widder

Yep, this is a great thing, there is a lot of money promised and the match hasn't even started yet!

Thanks again to everyone. 

Randy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Yep, this is a great thing, there is a lot of money promised and the match hasn't even started yet!

Thanks again to everyone. 

Randy

It gets even better......a good friend of mine from Oklahoma is headed to Tennessee State with another $100 for Widders bounty as well as a 97 shootin buddy of mine called last night and said he will match my $500 when he arrives tomorrow.  This brings the bounty to $2300!!!!

A heartfelt thank you to everyone!!!

Red Knee

As late as it is tonight, ol'Widder is probably sound asleep by now with visions of blazing fast split times running through his head......that being said, more than likely he wont be reading the wire again till all the dust has cleared tomorrow.......so I can tell everyone else that my $500 is in Tennessee now and is going into the fund.....win, lose or draw.   Don't wake him and tell him....he dont need to know everything.:)

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

Ole Widder is sitting around the house relaxing, sippin on a cold glass of Bunkhouse Boss tea with

a pinch of Georgia Peach flavor in it.

Just let me take this opportunity to thank RED KNEE for starting this effort towards my bounty.

And for everyone getting involved so generously.

Seriously, everyone drop by the Speed Shotgun stage tomorrow to say 'Hi'.

Just being a part of this effort has already made me feel like I'm a part of a group of winners..... ;)

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Red Knee said:

It gets even better......a good friend of mine from Oklahoma is headed to Tennessee State with another $100 for Widders bounty as well as a 97 shootin buddy of mine called last night and said he will match my $500 when he arrives tomorrow.  This brings the bounty to $2300!!!!

A heartfelt thank you to everyone!!!

Red Knee

As late as it is tonight, ol'Widder is probably sound asleep by now with visions of blazing fast split times running through his head......that being said, more than likely he wont be reading the wire again till all the dust has cleared tomorrow.......so I can tell everyone else that my $500 is in Tennessee now and is going into the fund.....win, lose or draw.   Don't wake him and tell him....he dont need to know everything.:)

15 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

Ole Widder is sitting around the house relaxing, sippin on a cold glass of Bunkhouse Boss tea with

a pinch of Georgia Peach flavor in it.

Just let me take this opportunity to thank RED KNEE for starting this effort towards my bounty.

And for everyone getting involved so generously.

Seriously, everyone drop by the Speed Shotgun stage tomorrow to say 'Hi'.

Just being a part of this effort has already made me feel like I'm a part of a group of winners..... ;)

..........Widder

Red Knee and Widder thanks to both of y'all for this, and thanks to everyone who's donating. My only regret this year is that we won't have a remake of the Epic, Widder, Red Knee shotgun shootoff. :P

Randy

3 minutes ago, Smokestack SASS#87384 said:

How much time do I have to practice, and how danged far is Tennessee?

I would guess that you are already practiced up..... ;)

...........Widder

On 10/10/2018 at 11:30 PM, Smokestack SASS#87384 said:

I think Widder slowed down a little just keep Red Knee coming back next year but he still ran 6 in the low 4 second range.

Randy

On 10/10/2018 at 11:30 PM, Smokestack SASS#87384 said:

Smokestack,

You've got exactly one year to practice(like you need practice???)  We'll team up on the ole Widder and whoop him!

You make the drive to Oklahoma, load up here at the ranch, and I'll getcha to Tennessee.  Only 10 hours from my place to Wartrace.

I believe Widder hit it in 4.22 on 6.

Starting position was any way you want, as long as hands weren't touching shells.  Crazy good....and even faster than last year!

Red Knee

22 hours ago, Red Knee said:

Smokestack,

You've got exactly one year to practice(like you need practice???)  We'll team up on the ole Widder and whoop him!

You make the drive to Oklahoma, load up here at the ranch, and I'll getcha to Tennessee.  Only 10 hours from my place to Wartrace.

Starting position was any way you want, as long as hands weren't touching shells.  Crazy good....and even faster than last year!

Red Knee

I don't have the final tally on the cancer money yet, I'm waiting for a couple of checks folks promised to get here in the mail. I do know that than's to you, Widder, Blue Eyed Drifter, Vix-N, Mrs Pleasant and many others we were able to surpass last years collection. Once I get a good count I'll let everyone know. Thanks again to everyone who donated to this cause.

Randy

On 10/13/2018 at 6:26 PM, Red Knee said:

Smokestack,

Red Knee

Thats all I need is a Lightning Bolt from California and a Cherokee Cowboy from Oklahoma to double team a old man

from Tennessee while I'm sitting in my rocking chair whittlin on a hickory stick.

..........Widder

Not to worry Widder, you can get em! They'll be tired by the time they get there!

On 10/13/2018 at 4:26 PM, Red Knee said:

So I take it that no one beat him? Is that just letting 6 rip or did he have to hit something?

12 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Thats all I need is a Lightning Bolt from California and a Cherokee Cowboy from Oklahoma to double team a old man

from Tennessee while I'm sitting in my rocking chair whittlin on a hickory stick.

..........Widder 

So Widder, did you use that hickory stick on everydangbody like my grandmother used to use one on me?

DB

On 10/6/2018 at 9:31 AM, Hoss said:

Ok, I do not know Red Knee or Widder personally. But I do know cancer sucks!

I’ll add $100 to the bounty and challenge every CAS Shooter who has lost a friend to cancer to do the same. 

Hoss, I got your check today, thanks so much, I'm waiting on a few  more checks that were promised and then I can get a full count but it looks like we're going to top last year.

I got one check in from Virginia but I'm  not sure who to thank, there is no alias on it. If anyone sent a check and doesn't want to say it here please PM me so I'll know I received everyone's that was sent.

Thanks again to everyone who has donated 

Randy

16 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Hoss, I got your check today, thanks so much, I'm waiting on a few  more checks that were promised and then I can get a full count but it looks like we're going to top last year.

I got one check in from Virginia but I'm  not sure who to thank, there is no alias on it. If anyone sent a check and doesn't want to say it here please PM me so I'll know I received everyone's that was sent.

Thanks again to everyone who has donated 

Randy

Let me know if you don't get mine, it should be there by now I think!

13 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

P M me your name, I got one that didn’t have an alias. 

Thanks. 

Randy

PM sent!

On 10/17/2018 at 9:15 AM, Eyesa Horg said:

PM sent!

Eyesa, yours was the one I couldn't figure out, said Widder Challenge on the memo line. Thanks so much for helping with this.

Still expecting a couple more and then I'll get the final count.

Randy

On 10/9/2018 at 6:24 PM, Flinthills Dawg said:

I'm in for $100.00 just because of Red Knee and Widders little fueds!!! plus my mother had cancer. Check will get mailed after my state shoot this weekend!

Dawg

Dawg, I got your check today. Thanks so much for helping with this.

Randy

I have one more check for $500 that should be here any day so I'm including it in this count.  I'm completely thrilled to announce that between the Widder challenge, some auction items and the "Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day we have collected $7048.00 to send to the American Cancer Society.

Thanks again to everyone who helped us exceed last year, I never dreamed we could collect this much.

Randy

879614114_Pink_Cowboy1.jpg.bcb88fd4672b0e91d97b07f2610dc2e4.jpg

32 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I have one more check for $500 that should be here any day so I'm including it in this count.  I'm completely thrilled to announce that between the Widder challenge, some auction items and the "Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day we have collected $7048.00 to send to the American Cancer Society.

Thanks again to everyone who helped us exceed last year, I never dreamed we could collect this much.

Randy

Wow!

On 10/18/2018 at 8:22 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Randy

I got the last check in that I was expecting so we had the $7048 until I got an email from Chickamauga Slim that he and Ricochet Ruthie wanted to add another $100 so now we're at $7148, since that seems like an odd number I'll put in another $52 so the final count will be $7200. 

Thanks again to everyone who help us reach this amount, again I'm truly amazed that we were able to collect this much.  I'm already getting ideas on what we should try next year to surpass this number. 

Randy

2 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I got the last check in that I was expecting so we had the $7048 until I got an email from Chickamauga Slim that he and Ricochet Ruthie wanted to add another $100 so now we're at $7148, since that seems like an odd number I'll put in another $52 so the final count will be $7200. 

Thanks again to everyone who help us reach this amount, again I'm truly amazed that we were able to collect this much.  I'm already getting ideas on what we should try next year to surpass this number. 

Randy

When you come up with an idea for next year, contact the donors from this year. I, for one, will be glad to help.

On 10/21/2018 at 9:51 PM, Noz said:

When you come up with an idea for next year, contact the donors from this year. I, for one, will be glad to help.

Last night I was going through a letter I got from the American Cancer Society, while getting all the money ready to send in,  and it said right now a donation would be doubled by some organization up to $50K.  If this wasn't just a ploy to get more donations  that means our $7200 just turned into $14400. The money all went out today so whether $7200 or $14400, Thanks to everyone who helped in this effort. I'm still amazed at the generosity of everyone. Maybe we can top this next year!

Thanks Again

Randy

Randy,

I'll donate $200 next year if Red Knee shows up for a whoopin..... :D

Looks like I might have to travel down to Louisiana or back to Oklahoma to serve more humble pie

to the young feller..... :lol:

..........Widder

Archived