SASS Wire Forum

Red Knee

It is with much regret that I am not gonna be able to make it to Tennessee State this year.

The reason being, I dont wanna get whooped again by Widder at the 97 shotgun sidematch, just joking!!!

The real reason is that I have a knee that is not cooperating with the rest of my body. I've been crawling around on my knees as a flooring contractor for the last 19 years(hence the alias Red Knee) and now my right knee is screaming, enough already!  Bad enough that I couldnt even shoot the Oklahoma State match couple, three weeks ago, here in my own back yard.

So, since I can't be there to whip Widder at the 97 side match, which i really think this was my year :), I'm placing a $500 bounty on him for someone to step up and beat "the man".  If someone, anyone beats Widder at the 97 sidematch, then I will contribute $500 to the Tennessee State Cancer fundraiser.

It can be done......don't fear the old guy......its for a great cause!

And yes, I will be there next year in person, with a new knee, made especially for Widder whoopin'.

Everyone.....go get him!!!!!

Red Knee

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Knee, that's mighty nice of you! I know everybody putting on the "tough enough to wear pink" will like it. Pretty dang smart too. You're gonna have people coming out of the wood work to put a whoopin' on Widder. I can see it now. When he pulls into the range, all the Widdermaniacs will come runnin in for autographs and he'll be kissin babies and huggin pretty women. After the bounty hunters get through with him, he'll limp back to the truck by hisownself wondering what happened and who stole his can of whoopazz. This ought to be good!

WHY ME?

I been a nice guy.   

Soooooooooo, lets see if I got this right: 

You hurt your knee and I get 50 people wanting to whoop up on me..... :o

If/when  I get whooped in the speed shotgun side match,   its gonna cost YOU $500.

If/when  I get whooped in the speed shotgun side match,  the Cancer fund raiser will get $500 donated by you

in the name of the person who wins the side match.

Randy St. Eagle is gonna love this 'Bounty' challenge.

Hey TN Williams..... how much $$$ you gonna throw in towards my whoopin? 

EDIT:   Red Knee, I must admit that this is a gracious act and how deeply you regret

not being able to make the TN State.    I'll give it my best shot but knowing WHO

will be at the TN State, you better get that $500 ready to fork over.

..........Widder

Well, Red Knee I am disappointed that you will not be able to be here. Im working the SG side match on Thursday afternoo, and was really looking forward to seeing another bucket of 12 ga shells disappear. I know about the knee thing, get yours fixed and we will see you next year, better than ever. Course widder gonna hope the other one slows you down next year.

Imis

18 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Well, Red Knee I am disappointed that you will not be able to be here. Im working the SG side match on Thursday afternoo, and was really looking forward to seeing another bucket of 12 ga shells disappear. I know about the knee thing, get yours fixed and we will see you next year, better than ever. Course widder gonna hope the other one slows you down next year.

Imis

IMIS,

Red Knee knows that I'm getting older and slower.   Thats why he's making his plans to ambush me next year.

He's hoping that I get too old to hold a SG and figure he would be able to beat me then..... :lol::D

..........Widder

Widder:

Sorry Pard….gonna make it harder by posting your DEMO.

Now anyone that wasn't going to shoot, will now.

Father Cool Gun,

With friends like You, Red Knee and TN Williams, who needs to worry about enemies..... :lol::D

p.s. - I'm just glad that Shooting Bull ain't gun'n for me..... ;)

..........Widder

36 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Father Cool Gun,

With friends like You, Red Knee and TN Williams, who needs to worry about enemies..... :lol::D

..........Widder

If you feed Shooting Bull, he will never leave you..........:lol:

I have been told, that he is now 'house-broken'. ;)

He still doesn't know how to run............:P

OLG

54 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Father Cool Gun,

..........Widder

Widder:

OK.

Now I'm gonna scare them away for you.

That should make us even. :P

On 10/4/2018 at 8:43 PM, Red Knee said:

It is with much regret that I am not gonna be able to make it to Tennessee State this year.

The reason being, I dont wanna get whooped again by Widder at the 97 shotgun sidematch, just joking!!!

The real reason is that I have a knee that is not cooperating with the rest of my body. I've been crawling around on my knees as a flooring contractor for the last 19 years(hence the alias Red Knee) and now my right knee is screaming, enough already!  Bad enough that I couldnt even shoot the Oklahoma State match couple, three weeks ago, here in my own back yard.

So, since I can't be there to whip Widder at the 97 side match, which i really think this was my year :), I'm placing a $500 bounty on him for someone to step up and beat "the man".  If someone, anyone beats Widder at the 97 sidematch, then I will contribute $500 to the Tennessee State Cancer fundraiser.

And yes, I will be there next year in person, with a new knee, made especially for Widder whoopin'.

Red Knee

I'm figuring Widder's gonna be conflicted now.

The desire to remain top 97 shooter is strong.

Yet the opportunity to pick yer pocket for $500 might be too much for him to bear. 

Which will it be?

I will give it a "shot" Outlaw style.

Or maybe a Preacher might get him.

Waimea

On 10/4/2018 at 7:43 PM, Red Knee said:

Red Knee

Red Knee, sorry to hear you can't make it this year. The Shotgun Shoot-off Challenge will not be nearly as much fun to watch this year. I really appreciate the $500 challenge. Last year we collected $6150.00 that was sent to the American Cancer Society and it will be really hard to get to that figure again. But I hope your challenge will help. Hopefully someone else will throw out some challenges.

Hope the knee surgery goes well. I had foot surgery last year after State and wanted to offer a word of advice.  Don't get a Bionic knee, it sounds good at the start until you consider all factors. Your leg would be much faster but unless you get both done you'll end up running in circles.:D Yours may be better, but my insurance wouldn't pay for surgery on my good foot so I had forgo the bionics.

Looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Randy

Is Tator or Sidekick gonna be there? I know they’d give Widder a little competition. B)

Kajun

8 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Is Tator or Sidekick gonna be there? I know they’d give Widder a little competition. B)

Kajun

Copperhead Joe, Tator, Sidekick and Missouri Traveler are capable of giving even Superman some good competition.   And I'm sure there will be others.

Like I stated above, ole Cripple Leg (Red Knee) can kiss that $500 'goodbye' and send it on to

Randy for the Cancer fund.

I've looked at the shooters list and the SG side match ain't gonna be a cake walk for anyone.

And Krazy..... don't forget to bring your .22 rifle for the speed Rimfire side match.

..........Widder

Ok, I do not know Red Knee or Widder personally. But I do know cancer sucks!

I’ll add $100 to the bounty and challenge every CAS Shooter who has lost a friend to cancer to do the same. 

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

I’ll add $100 to the bounty and challenge every CAS Shooter who has lost a friend to cancer to do the same. 

Hoss....

Thank you....that's awesome!

Red Knee

This is getting interesting. I'm in for 100 regardless of who wins.

With so many people gunnin for him, the food venders may be able to add creamed Widder as a side item. I feel sorry for all the little Widdermaniacs running around teary eyed and heartbroken.

Very gracious of Red Knee, Hoss and Tenn Will.  Since Foxy Filly & I are both cancer survivors, we cannot let this go lightly.  I will match Red knee's $500.00.  You forgot to mention Lefty also widder.  You know you cannot defend this side match all day from the shooters coming gunning for you.

Cardboard Cowboy, Foxy Filly & Black Diamond Nicki

18 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

With so many people gunnin for him, the food venders may be able to add creamed Widder as a side item. 

I'm starting to feel like Rodney Dangerfield..... :ph34r:

I had a gut feeling that somehow, some way, Red Knee would be able to put one over on me this year.

I feel like I'm riding a mule in the Oklahoma Land Rush and everyone else is riding a thoroughbred.... :o

..........Widder

I'll throw in $100 as well, in memory of a high school classmate that succumbed to cancer earlier this year. 43 years was not nearly long enough for her to be with us, but I guess the Lord had better plans for her.

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

5 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

This is getting interesting. I'm in for 100 regardless of who wins.

With so many people gunnin for him, the food venders may be able to add creamed Widder as a side item. I feel sorry for all the little Widdermaniacs running around teary eyed and heartbroken.

5 hours ago, Kingsley said:

Very gracious of Red Knee, Hoss and Tenn Will.  Since Foxy Filly & I are both cancer survivors, we cannot let this go lightly.  I will match Red knee's $500.00.  You forgot to mention Lefty also widder.  You know you cannot defend this side match all day from the shooters coming gunning for you.

Cardboard Cowboy, Foxy Filly & Black Diamond Nicki

4 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I'll throw in $100 as well, in memory of a high school classmate that succumbed to cancer earlier this year. 43 years was not nearly long enough for her to be with us, but I guess the Lord had better plans for her.

We collected so much money for the American Cancer Society last year I was really worried about getting anywhere close this year. A huge Thank You to Red Knee for starting this and to Hoss, Tennessee Williams and Tyrel Cody for adding to this challenge.

Anyone who wishes to donate by check please make it out to the American Cancer Society so you can get the tax deduction. Again thanks to all for helping us fund cancer research and hopefully someday find a way to put an end to it.

Randy

1 minute ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

. A huge Thank You to Red Knee for starting this and to Hoss, Tennessee Williams and Tyrel Cody for adding to this challenge.

Randy

AND..... Cardboard Cowboy and Foxy Filly.

..........Widder

6 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

AND..... Cardboard Cowboy and Foxy Filly.

..........Widder

My apologies to Cardboard Cowboy , Foxy Filly and don't forget Black Diamond Nicki, thanks Widder. I copied their quote and then forgot to add their names. I guess my CRS is kicking in pretty bad.

Randy

38 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

My apologies to Cardboard Cowboy , Foxy Filly and don't forget Black Diamond Nicki, thanks Widder. I copied their quote and then forgot to add their names. I guess my CRS is kicking in pretty bad.

Randy

Maybe we need to start another fund drive for CRS disease....it’s rampant amongst us cowfolks! :lol:

Kajun

12 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

We collected so much money for the American Cancer Society last year I was really worried about getting anywhere close this year. A huge Thank You to Red Knee for starting this and to Hoss, Tennessee Williams and Tyrel Cody for adding to this challenge.

Anyone who wishes to donate by check please make it out to the American Cancer Society so you can get the tax deduction. Again thanks to all for helping us fund cancer research and hopefully someday find a way to put an end to it.

Randy

How about an address for another $100 from a recovering prostate survivor?

11 hours ago, Noz said:

How about an address for another $100 from a recovering prostate survivor?

Noz, You can send it to me and I'll make sure it goes in the jar. Make the check out to the American Cancer Society and send it to.

Randall Steagall

806 River Rock Blvd.

Murfreesboro, TN 37128.

Thanks Noz, I am also a prostrate cancer survivor, a year and a half now.

Randy

15 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Noz, You can send it to me and I'll make sure it goes in the jar. Make the check out to the American Cancer Society and send it to.

Randall Steagall

806 River Rock Blvd.

Murfreesboro, TN 37128.

Thanks Noz, I am also a prostrate cancer survivor, a year and a half now.

Randy

my check is in the mail. Not that I doubt Widder will win, but I sure want cancer to lose! 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

my check is in the mail. Not that I doubt Widder will win, but I sure want cancer to lose! 

Thanks for your contribution Hoss.

Just so everyone knows that this is a legitimate 'challenge', there are ATLEAST 3 shooters at this match

who have bested me in past years in 97 speed competition.   It ain't a cake walk.

Tator, Copperhead Joe and Sidekick are 3 of the best in our game and have left me choking in their

dust from previous years.

And never forget about Missouri Traveler, whom I really enjoy watching shoot his 97 and competing with him.

He was on the 'winning team' last year when 3 Wild Bunch shooters challenged Red Knee, Missouri Traveler 

and myself to a 24 KD speed event at the TN State.

The Wild Bunch shooters had their 97 stoked, while the 'other team' loaded from the belt.   We beat them by

a mere whisper, but we still beat em, thanks in large part to Traveler.  PLUS, Missouri Traveler won EOT speed 97

event in 2017, if my memory serves me correctly.

And, there is always a couple young 'sleepers' who have all the ability and speed it takes to whoop up on

everyone.  

I hate that my friend Red Knee has had to cancel his trip due to his knee(s) injury.   On any given day,

he may very well be the best there is, especially with his first 4 shots.    I timed him last year on 4 shots

and if my memory serves me correctly, he ran a 2.48 seconds for his first 4 shots on 4 KD's.

Just thought I would share some interesting history about this 97 'challenge' and fund raiser.

See everyone Thursday!

..........Widder

Archived