SASS Wire Forum

Watch Out Warthog Coming In

Smoken D

A little fly by while I was out back this morning. I about fell over and started laughing.

Looked like a flying angel of merciful vengeance.

I'd be more than happy to have that watching over me.

Love the A-10.

Interestingly, as I was leaving some continuing education today, there were F-16s flying in to land at Wright-Patterson. One of the attorneys was looking up and joking, saying it had been awhile since we'd had something like that flying, and asking if there was something we should know. I just looked at him and shook my head and said "Those are the Air Force Thunderbirds." He did a couple of double takes before saying "Oh..." I don't know if they were on their way to a show or from, but a pleasant surprise on an afternoon.

18 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The modern Whistling Death.

Sounds more like breaking wind!  That's not an airplane!  That's a flying tank! And the "bomber generals and the fighter plane generals" wanted to ground the A-10!  God Bless those A-10 jocks!

1 minute ago, Trailrider #896 said:

And the "bomber generals and the fighter plane generals" wanted to ground the A-10!

The Pentagon wants to get rid of it because they're being influenced by backers of the crappy, insanely overpriced replacement (F-35). The A-10 has long since been bought & paid for so there's no money to be made fleecing us taxpayers for something shiny and new.

Archived