SASS Wire Forum

Ever Wonder How A Henry 45-70 Gets Built?

Charlie T Waite

This is an interesting video in a rare factory Tour with Andy Wickstrom, Vice President of Henry Repeating Arms at their Rice Lake, WI facility for an exclusive look at how the legendary H010 .45-70 Lever Action gets built.  Henry has never before allowed video cameras inside their plants..

5979a6cb-1c49-428b-8f1e-9669321db724.jpg

I've looked at 'em.  Not bad... for about the same price I'd have to think hard about a Henry vs a Marlin. Inclination would lean toward the Marlin (long-time Marlin shooter), but then there's the "Remlin" doubt factor.  :mellow:

I have a H012M327 Big Boy Steel .327 Fed Magnum/.32 H&R Mag 10 Rounds that I use in matches shooting .32 H&R Mag.  I had shot a friends untuned Marlin and decided to go that route until I tried one of these.  It shot just as well except the action was smoother and the price for a new one was less than half of the Marlin.  As I have 7 other Henry rifles including the Brass 45-70 so I know about their quality customer service and life time warranty which added more appeal so I went with the Henry and not a bit sorry about it.  My main reason for posting this though was that this is the 1st time they have allowed video cameras inside the plant.

Interesting video. Thank you for sharing.

The modern Henry company makes some quality guns, especially their 22s. I just wish wish they’d...

A) Stop marketing themselves as having any connection to the original Henry. 

B.  Build a good Henry reproduction. 

4 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Stop marketing themselves as having any connection to the original Henry.

Plus five million and six.

I don't know if Henry makes good guns or crap. Since they started out with that GIANT lie, and then advertised the Big Boy as SASS-legal when it wasn't, I've had no desire to deal with them.

And now they're making an 1860 REPLICA, and claiming that THEY (the original company) are bringing BACK their original design.

Alp, can you direct us to that claim...?  I tried looking it up on their site and all I could find was reference to it being "Our Henry Original...," which I read as a reference to the "Henry Original" model name.  Not much difference from Navy Arms "Our Version of the Famous Colt Lightning..."  :rolleyes:

I have several Henry Repeating Arms Rifles .

The Quality and Warranty is Second to None. 

People can hold there breath and stomp there feet all they want about HRA Claim to Henry all they want .

Obviously HRA is Not Hurting for Customers or Have any Concerns about SASS Shooters  Onion on the products the make .

They make a very fine built American made product. 

It's just Not made for SASS Shooting in mind .

I for one support The American Made Company making a Quality product in America at a reasonable price .

Rooster .

Archived