SASS Wire Forum

Sunday Breakfast country style

Captain Clark

Its hard to complain when you start the day with scrambled eggs and fried apples for breakfast. It doesn't hurt that the eggs came from our own flock, and the apples out of the last apple orchard in the Mesilla valley from just down the road. What a way to start the day! :)

I agree.  This morning I fried apples with a dash of cinnamon and drizzle of honey along with breakfast sausage and fried eggs and baking powder biscuits.   The apples came from a local orchard.   The eggs from a local farmer.  The sausage I made using freshly  ground pork from the butcher shop in local store.  I used raw milk from local farmer in the biscuits.  

That's a typical breakfast here.  I change it up with fried potatoes when apples are not in season.  Mary often bakes bread so when it's available,  we have toast. But yesterday morning I made biscuits and gravy using the homemade sausage and raw milk.

Definitely not along the same lines, but I am having one of my favorite breakfasts in the world this morning with my family. My wife and I are visiting my daughter, son-in-law and grandson in Huntington Beach, CA.

We are headed to Steve’s Char-Broiler and I am having the bacon and sausage breakfast burrito. They make the very best breakfast burrito in the world, in my opinion. 

Archived