SASS Wire Forum

Wish me luck

Wild Will Bartell

Going in Monday for rotator cuff surgery. Doc says he's using a new proceedure called a quick-cision. He also says it will be 3 weeksfrom cut to finish, including re-hab. The tear is relatively small, so I hope his assessment is accurate. I sure miss shooting...

Almighty Lord, Physician of souls and bodies, You humble and lift up, You reprimand and heal, visit our brother with your mercy for he is suffering. Stretch forth Your arm which is so full of healing and health, and cure him, raising him from his bed and pain. Reprove the spirit of weakness which is in him and drive far from him pain, wounds, chills, fever and weakness. If he has sins or transgressions, loosen, remit and forgive them in Your love for mankind. O Lord, have compassion on Your creation, in Christ Jesus our Lord, with whom You are blessed, together with Your all holy, good and life-giving Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages.

Best wishes for a safe surgery and swift recovery.

I tore my rotator cuff once. Oh the pain! We had to buy a new mattress as I couldn't sleep anywhere. Luckily, a cortisone shot made it go away. I consider myself one of the lucky peeps.

Dang, I don't know how many times this week I've posted about injuries (J.Mark's thread was another time). I'm beginning to feel old and feeble. Oh well, that is better than being old and dead. :o

50 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Best wishes for a safe surgery and swift recovery.

I tore my rotator cuff once. Oh the pain! We had to buy a new mattress as I couldn't sleep anywhere. Luckily, a cortisone shot made it go away. I consider myself one of the lucky peeps.

Dang, I don't know how many times this week I've posted about injuries (J.Mark's thread was another time). I'm beginning to feel old and feeble. Oh well, that is better than being old and dead. :o

A good friend of mine once said, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

From what I can see of the medical costs, it ain't for middle income people either....

Howdy,

Listen to your surgeon  and then listen even closerto  your therapy crew.

Find one person at therapy and keep in touch with that one.

Don't hurry or try too much too soon.

Ignore itchy trigger finger.

I tried shotgun too quick, huge mistake.

Best

CR

prayers for u too pard.

57 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Listen to your surgeon  and then listen even closerto  your therapy crew.

Find one person at therapy and keep in touch with that one.

Don't hurry or try too much too soon.

Ignore itchy trigger finger.

I tried shotgun too quick, huge mistake.

Best

CR

prayers for u too pard.

Sage advice, for sure. I had a previous rotator cuff surgery about 8 years ago. Did just what you said, and turned out great. Hope this one goes as well...

WWB:

Will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:14 PM, Hillbilly Drifter said:

hope it all goes well. Heal up fast

+ 10000

Thanks to all for your well wishes and prayers! I feel pretty good about going into this surgery, so hopefully I can get back into the swing of things soon.

One good thing about being layed-up ; I can watch all of the baseball playoff games! :D

Chili Ron speaks truly!
Take your pain meds BEFORE rehab.
It takes 30 minutes for meds taken by mouth to START taking hold.
Otherwise any further free advice would involve either chicken soup or high test corn distillate and you've probably already got both those on hand.

Shoulder rehab!

maybe 7 weeks ago I did a face forward plant in Ukraine and wrecked both shoulders.  I will never pitch MLB again.::)))

pain or no pain I keep doing things. When I find myself in a “defend the arm” position I force myself out of it.

this morning I was “well what can’t i do?”  Ah Parade Rest, can’t connect the two hands behind my back ... I will work on that next.

good luck!

Archived