SASS Wire Forum

Some good news

I did not share this information with too many people, but I had a fall on August 6th and broke my right arm.  For those familiar it was a Colles fracture/radial distal fracture with bone contusions of the scaphoid and the ulna.  This is to my understanding a slow healing injury and I am counting myself lucky.

After 7 weeks of immobilization and minimal use, I am now out of the brace and working on rebuilding strength and mobility as the arm continues to heal. 

So the point of this post is learn to fall without sticking your hand out!

So you may start to see me post a bit more if you slackards can handle it.

Allie Mo, I had a cat yesterday-it was delicious

16 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Yes, cats can be that way-:lol:

OLG

Tell me about it. Cats can be very painful.

Mr. Flint, am glad you are the mend. Never had a broken bone tho do understand it is painful. 

This slackard looks forward to seeing more posts from you.

Do not like the taste of cats, gators are much tastier. Unless they have been fed a diet of cats.

Glad you’re on the mend, J Mark. Sounds like your break was not the run of the mill broken arm. 

Bummer. I usually let my head take the hit. Take the hit. Take.

what were we talkin about?

1 hour ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

I did not share this information with too many people, but I had a fall on August 6th and broke my right arm.  For those familiar it was a Colles fracture/radial distal fracture with bone contusions of the scaphoid and the ulna.  This is to my understanding a slow healing injury and I am counting myself lucky.

After 7 weeks of immobilization and minimal use, I am now out of the brace and working on rebuilding strength and mobility as the arm continues to heal. 

Buzzkill, I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. You're right, don't stick your hand out, unless it's the only way to keep from breaking your neck. I don't know about your physical health otherwise, but if you're up to it, you might consider taking up Aikido or a martial art that teaches rolls and falls. After awhile they become second nature.

In this instance, it was my hand or my head.  It was more inconvenient than painful after the first three or four days.  Thank you all.

I wish I could say this was the first time I have broken bones, but unfortunately I know of 5 others I've broken and the doctor told me there was another old break that had healed up in the wrist.  Ribs were the worst.

MMMM ribs-I need to make ribs this weekend

does anyone have a good recipe for cat ribs?  Allie Mo? :D

Gives new meaning to stop,drop,and roll.  Wrestling in high school bare foot water skiing at more than 35 miles per hour, you learn to roll when you fall. Alternatives are painful. 

Broken bones? I have lots. Each time I get x-rayed, they find something that healed from a prior break. My Dr. told me I was lucky to be alive. My BIL, another Dr., confirmed the first docs prognosis. I'm to ornery to die.  Family tradition.

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Doesn't sound like fun.

4 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Learned to tuck and roll from an old paratrooper when I was a kid.  So far, so good.

8 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Bummer. I usually let my head take the hit. Take the hit. Take.

what were we talkin about?

I resemble that remark!

Get Better J Mark!

43 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Thanks!  I will, but if I get too much better I won't be able to stand myself :D

And neither will anyone else!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

J Mark:

Wishing you a fast recovery.

The links from Subdeacon Joe were very helpful, and I learned a new Acronym - FOOSH! :blink:

FOOSH.JPG.dec34d498f4a8a4e154cb076f6e9b62d.JPG

Enough said. :P

Hi Mark,

I'm glad to hear you are doing well.

I fractured my humerus a few years ago, I just plopped down on a rock (slid on wet grass on a hill). No time to put my hands out. That is a good thing, I think, from reading your post. I just fractured four ribs in April. It hurt to cough, sneeze, laugh.

BTW, I just posted some kitty photos for your viewing pleasure. :P

Regards,

Allie

J Mark,

Hope you heal soon, Pard. I tried  the tuck-and -roll this summer when I dislocated my shoulder and tore my rotator cuff. I tucked OK, but the roll came up to meet me sooner than I anticipated, hence my surgery this Monday.

Quick question. Is it true that cats taste like chicken??

good to see ya back pard

I took a fall a couple years back and had to get my *ss bolted back together. that xit ain't fun

so we're *amn sure ya back an gittn better

Sorry to hear, j. Mark. Glad to see you're on the mend. I try not to fall if I can help it. My balance isn't what it used to be and uneven ground can present a problem for me. a far as breaks, I've  had my fair share. Arm, ribs, toes, etc.:blush:

I've been beating ol' J. Mark up the last couple of days!!  Working him like a rented mule.   His return to health is being tested by construction on my new garage which he has attacked with enthusiasm and determination.

I got to watch the fall and subsequent collision with the ground.  He was far better to land the way he did than to bust his ample mellon on the back bumper of Ol' Green!!  He missed shattering his gourd by the thickness of a match book cover!

Archived