SASS Wire Forum

The cocked hammer sdq penalty has NOT gone away

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

PC stuff is killing this country.  And I'm not talking "Political Correctness"... I'm talking about plain ol' fashioned "PUBLIC COWARDICE".  Labeling a thing gun, rifle, pistol, knife, pocket watch, or flashlight doesn't change its classification as a weapon.  Some are inherently classed as weapons by their very nature, others by the circumstances.

If one keeps in their mind that a thing is a weapon, or potentially so, this character at least, is hopeful that folks will be MORE inclined to  keep safety foremost in their thinking when handling such a thing.  It's when we get lax about just how potentially dangerous gun handling is that we have accidents.  Whether they be pistols, revolvers, rifles, carbines, potato guns, or pumpkin guns.  

Naw, this crowd's not ready for deep thinking this early in the morning. (Might be a bit presumptuous on my part).  But, carry on with the OPs discussion regardless.

1 hour ago, Griff said:

PC stuff is killing this country.  And I'm not talking "Political Correctness"... I'm talking about plain ol' fashioned "PUBLIC COWARDICE".  Labeling a thing gun, rifle, pistol, knife, pocket watch, or flashlight doesn't change its classification as a weapon.  Some are inherently classed as weapons by their very nature, others by the circumstances.

If one keeps in their mind that a thing is a weapon, or potentially so, this character at least, is hopeful that folks will be MORE inclined to  keep safety foremost in their thinking when handling such a thing.  It's when we get lax about just how potentially dangerous gun handling is that we have accidents.  Whether they be pistols, revolvers, rifles, carbines, potato guns, or pumpkin guns.  

Naw, this crowd's not ready for deep thinking this early in the morning. (Might be a bit presumptuous on my part).  But, carry on with the OPs discussion regardless.

No... You need to understand the definition of "weapon". Though you finally admitted that guns, etc, are POTENTIAL weapons.

Doing this little lined-out piece does not make you some kind of anti-PC hero. Perhaps others are capable of deep thinking...

Oy!

1 hour ago, Roscoe Regulator said:

What about a malfunction and the action won't close? Had that happen and wouldn't know what else to do except lay the rifle down, take the misses, and move on to pistol or shotgun. Six rounds remaining, none in chamber.

Declare it....SAY broke, broken, malfunction, jammed etc.

just move on after laying it down like you stated. There is plenty of time at the ULT to diagnose, correct / clear rounds remaining chambered or otherwise.  

Archived