SASS Wire Forum

Stalled 2016 gun buyer measure heads to Nevada high court

Charlie T Waite

The plaintiffs lawyers are just milking nanny Bloomberg's purse for every penny they can get.   Otherwise they must think that there is a majority of NVSC judges that are from the same creative writing school as a those on the 9th Circus.  To find for the plaintiffs they would have to interpret the FBI as the NVDOJ.  The writers of Question One deliberately wrote the proposition to have the FBI do the checks to avoid having the ballot language included a negative fiscal impact.  This would have resulted in a NO vote; since, it barely passed in a Presidential as well as an open senate set election year.  In a state with 3.5M residents $80M was spent on the senate race & a huge amount spent on "DJT is Satin" as well as "Vote for me because I have a vagina" adds.  I suspect that they figured the Obama and the Hildabeast DOJ's would do the checks wo/Congress appropriating the funds.  NV's initiative process is a 3 step process.  1st gather the required no. of signatures. 2nd the legislature must consider it & if adopted the governor must sign it. 3rd if rejected by the legislature or vetoed it goes on the next general election ballot.  This takes a long time because the legislative session is every other year for less than 6 months.  Also, the legislature can't change a law passed by the voters for 3  years.  Therefore, the feature that rendered Question One moot couldn't be fixed by 2017 legislature.  Even if it could have the Gov. would have vetoed as he did to anti gun legislation that the RAT majority legislatures sent to him during his 1 term.   The 2015-2016 Republican legislature did pass & the Gov. signed a preemption bill that rendered Las Vegas's handgun registration ordinance moot. 

Archived