SASS Wire Forum

NM state match day by day

Captain Clark

The 2018 New Mexico State match is getting started today, and there is no weather any more beautiful than New Mexico high country after a stormy day. Thursday was wet and cool, today is breathtaking! It looks to be terrific turnout, good luck to everyone already here, and those on the way. .....CC :)

Where did the day go! Today was a whirlwind of non stop action whether you shot long range, speed whatever, lollipops or we're lucky enough to get to the sporting clays. 

Good luck to all the posse s tomorrow......... Go posse 4 ;)

Thanks for being a posse marshal, CC.  See you on the range.  And yes, the weather is awesome.   Six stages today will be less stressful than four at EOT.

Best of luck to our shooters from the Tres Rios Bandidos/Farmington NM club shooting down there-- Largo Casey, Crazy Daisy,  THE Dane Gang (Bishop Dane, Pepper Dane, Liberty Dane), Bad Chad, Choctaw Jack

6 stages in the books today, and 4 more tomorrow before awards. 

Today started off calm and cool, which concerned the BP shooters for a bit until a breeze came in and helped clear all the smoke! 

I shot on the dream posse today! I have never had such a talented pool of RO qualified TOs plus terrific spotters and score keepers all working together. It's nice to have TOs waiting on deck to take over the clock. Thanks to those that have helped out so much!

After breezing through the main match , many shooters  found the time for some cowboy 5 stand this afternoon before the banquet this evening. It's a treat to shoot 5 stand with some of the best to swing a 12 bore and smoke those clays. I wasn't able to nail down official results for 5 stand, but I'm fairly confident the top 3 might be Captain Clark, Hands and Mica Maquire. There were several others that can  definetly crush the birds, competitors one and all. After wrapping up some fun on the hill, the banquet tonight was delicious and well attended. There was good entertainment courtesy of Grizzly Adams band. 

I want to say job well done by the match director Garrison Joe and the Cowboys and Cowgirls that are putting on the big show! Tomorrow is the big finale , and a final update after the match is concluded. Thanks....... CC

The results haven't been put up yet as far as I know. Am back home today, all unpacked and put away. The match was run well, and Posse 4 was loaded with talent from all over the state as well as some from Texas. If I tried to name all the winners I'd get them wrong for sure. I do know that the state champ Frontiersman, Duelist, Frontier cartridge, Ladies B Western, and Classic Cowboy were in our bunch! I want to personally congratulate Deputy Dangit on his B Western state title for 2018! Way to go cowboy. Guess I gotta  work harder next year ....;) { 2nd in BW } .

OK, main match results are up now for 2018 NM State Match.   Yes, we are still working on the other scores, contest results, photos, etc.  See the match web site at:

2018 NM State Championship Web Site (then click Results link)

Hope all our shooters had a great time.

Garrison Joe, Match Director

Congratulations and a big thank you to

Garrison Joe,Estancia Kid,and everyone that helped make the New Mexico State Match such a great shoot.Posse 1 and Posse Marshal Rich Diamond were great to shoot with.Looking forward to next year!

Choctaw Jack

4 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Looks like it was a fun event!

Yes it was. The planners did well and the weather cooperated. ;)

It was nice to see the ladies from the SASS office competing, and they did very well. Congrats to all.

2 minutes ago, Captain Clark said:

Yes it was. The planners did well and the weather cooperated. ;)

It was nice to see the ladies from the SASS office competing, and they did very well. Congrats to all.

For those who did not check the scores, Misty Moonshine - SASS CEO won Ladies Wrangler.  It is quite valuable for the SASS organization that she is a competitor.

Scores have been corrected for an error by scorekeeeper(s).  Did not change any of the finishes, fortunately.

Good luck, GJ

Archived