SASS Wire Forum

Another type of 22' RV

51 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

If I am going to stay in a 22' vehicle for recreation, I want it to do more than park in a campsite.

Retirement is 3 1/2 years away; need to build up that cruising kitty, and start downsizing.

LL

Marshall+22+(3).jpg

Loophole:

All you're missing is a mast flag!

491521041_JollyRogerFlagwaving.gif.e686c43abcdd176d8ad76c03b23206b7.gif

Sorry - Couldn't help myself. :blush:

34 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

If I could Swim, I could get real interested in one of those.  You made the Down Payment yet LL??

Nope; still kicking tires (or keels) and talking with SWMBO about the pluses and minuses.

LL

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Reb, SASS #54804 said:

The day I retire I intend to stop hurrying.

Does that mean you are going to shoot slower.

I need more people in my speed zone(super slow).

What I intend to do, and what I can actually accomplish, rarely coincide.

You've got nothing to worry about, whether I'm trying to hurry or not; look for me near the bottom of the posted times. :P

LL

One of the options we considered before I retired (18 years ago) we a live aboard 44" powerboat.  I would have had to find a garage  to rent for my hot rod, tools and stuff. It was an option that sounded good until you really thought hard about it. Same situation with full time rving.

2 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

One of the options we considered before I retired (18 years ago) we a live aboard 44" powerboat.  I would have had to find a garage  to rent for my hot rod, tools and stuff. It was an option that sounded good until you really thought hard about it. Same situation with full time rving.

Yep; the reality often falls short of the dream.

I'm fortunate to have a cottage across from the water, with room to store the boat in the off-season.  As long as I hold it to 22', I should not have a problem single handing, and the maintenance is more doable.  With Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, the Elizabeth Islands, and even Boston, Maine and RI/CT within striking distance, there are endless possibilities for cruising without the need for an extended offshore sail.   I want to relax and have fun, not challenge myself or deny Mrs. LL the chance to pull into a marina now and then for a bit of sightseeing, shopping and restaurant fare.

LL

Loophole,

My retirement was not voluntary.  However.  I am not a day sorry.  The only time I need an alarm clock is to  go to a CAS match.  I only take just enough commissions to keep from going Stark Raving (too late).  "Hurry" is no longer in my lexicon.  Yule love it.

33 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

Very pretty, LL.  Who makes it? 

CK:

Built by Marshall Marine in South Dartmouth, MA; a second generation family business.  Marvelous craftsmen.  Solid people.  Beautiful boats.

In my area, lots of thin water.  That makes a centerboard or swing keel almost a necessity.  In my mooring area, 2-2.5 feet is really the max draft, or you'll find yourself bumping the bottom.  The 22 draws 2' with the board up, 5' 2" with it down, making it ideal for this area.

LL

53 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Loophole,

My retirement was not voluntary.  However.  I am not a day sorry.  The only time I need an alarm clock is to  go to a CAS match.  I only take just enough commissions to keep from going Stark Raving (too late).  "Hurry" is no longer in my lexicon.  Yule love it.

CC:

Somebody lost a first rate smith if they forced you out; your work is, as they say around here, "mahvelous".

I certainly hope you are right; 40+ years of rushing to meet deadlines; I figure it's about time to relax a bit.  But not quite yet.  I still have a pair of Pietta Marshals I need to send your way.

LL

Archived