SASS Wire Forum

Comin at Cha

Hoss

My first trip to the legendary Badlands Bar 3 Ranch for Comin At Cha is in 2 Weeks. I can hardly wait!!!!

Who am I going to meet there? 

Howdy Hoss... I will be going this year.  It has been several years since I have attended, I am looking forward to getting back down there.  I will be traveling with my big brother Dantankerous... It is his first trip to thw Bar 3 as well.  You fellas are in for a treat!

Major Art Tillery

Only been to one time and loved it.Closest I ever came to a clean match shooting GF.I had one miss and it was on  one of the big buffalos as big as a VW and I miss him with my rifle.Sure got rode hard by my shooting pard.Wish I could go again.Will some day.Have fun .

We are planning on a big time. We still have 455 entries for the match, that's lots of taco's and hamburger. With show time just two weeks away the final touch ups are in full force, Boozy is fixin the Still Shack, Marshal is getting 0 zero side match's ready, Gayla is mowing grass and Bryan is brushhoggin'. Dirt has the bigliest job of them all-Range maint , target  repair, paint , parking, electrical service, water, sewer & gas. Oh yea ,,, and Safety officer and Posse marshal.

Great crew for sure...see ya this weekend, the next and the next.....

3 minutes ago, Rock Rotten said:

Bring a fishing pole. That lake is full of big bass. Tbone keeps trying to let 'em all go though.

They should be plenty fat this fall if some of them army worms we got around the area are getting in the water.  The worms are terrible after the rain showers we have been getting.

Hope you can make it Rock.....even just to visit your pards.

Your trip will be complete because Ol Noz is gonna be there.  Gonna be interesting. I have finished one shoot since April.  6 weeks of cancer treatments take a lot out of you.  If you see me laying some where, just prop me up and bring me a shot of Crown or whatever is available and I'll be OK.

Packed and ready!!!   Bringing Taco Bill and Irish Pat with me!  Whole bunch of us Louisiana cowboys and cowgirls coming.  Do they let you cook at the Bar 3?

2 hours ago, Pineywoods Jim,SASS#56822 said:

You can go to the website and see the list of shooters.

I don’t  think it’s complete. 

1 minute ago, Waimea said:

I'll be there with a few bullets to sell.:lol:

Fireball's riding shotgun on this trip.

Waimea

Looking forward to meeting you! And picking up 5K Bullets. Hope you got my order????

This'll be the 4th time I've signed up... hopefully it won't end up like one of the previous when I didn't get to make it... :o

Good luck to all our pards at CAC, :wub: Kat & I will be watching from down under unfortunately, :mellow:at our Australian National Champs.

Looks like a great shoot.:D

See some of ya in Oct & Nov...and y'all at Winter Range.:lol:

23 hours ago, Hoss said:

Looking forward to meeting you! And picking up 5K Bullets. Hope you got my order????

PM'd ya, Hoss.

Waimea

Rancho Roy and Reno Browne will be there as First Timers.....been looking forward to it for a year!

Up in New York at Helluva Ruckus this weekend, Louisiana next and then Texas!

Living the dream!

I'm Packing the van this weekend and hitting the road Tuesday. 

Woo Hoo !! Slick's this week T-Bones next week BEST VACATION EVER!!!

Chicken Scratch

10 hours ago, Chicken Scratch said:

I'm Packing the van this weekend and hitting the road Tuesday. 

Woo Hoo !! Slick's this week T-Bones next week BEST VACATION EVER!!!

Chicken Scratch

Chickens. I knew someone would mention chickens.  Are we going to have to deal with them again this year?

1 hour ago, Noz said:

Chickens. I knew someone would mention chickens.  Are we going to have to deal with them again this year?

They are alive & well Noz. I missed one just yesterday ....:angry:

Them Bar 3 chickens are notorious for getting the yips when they’re being shot at. Them scoundrels move a smidge at the sound of gunfire. Of course the speed of cowboy load give them plenty of time to move out the way! :D

Kajun

3 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Them Bar 3 chickens are notorious for getting the yips when they’re being shot at. Them scoundrels move a smidge at the sound of gunfire. Of course the speed of cowboy load give them plenty of time to move out the way! :D

Kajun

Best hope y'all shoot before I do this year... cause I plan on putting eyes on those chickens... again!

Several years ago I shot CaC clean with a P. The P came from the dodging chickens.

The chickens don't move nearly as fast as the buffalos do.  Still trying to figure out how I (anyone) can miss a target the size of a Volkswagen.

1 hour ago, dal sackett said:

The chickens don't move nearly as fast as the buffalos do.  Still trying to figure out how I (anyone) can miss a target the size of a Volkswagen.

T Bone has all the Bar 3 buffs turbocharged .........

Archived