SASS Wire Forum

Fast, fast - gang shooting and return fire

Man...a "blink of the eye" doesn't quite cover it.  

Anyone trying to pass judgment on a police shooting should see this.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/11/graphic-video-lapd-releases-video-officer-being-shot-at-point-blank-range-during-traffic-stop.html

LL

It’s my opinion that gang bangers should be shot on sight, but that’s just me. I have no love, appreciation, respect, or any positive towards them. I don’t care what their race is or where they come from. If you are affiliated with a gang and you commit a crime you should be shot...many times. Oh, sure, we have the Constitution, we also have the right of “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” as listed in the Declaration of Independence. We need a new Declaration of Independence that declares people like gang bangers as “oppressors” and to be shunned and destroyed when encountered...but, that’s just me.

Very casual indeed.  Second guessing is different from watching the video and dissecting the incident for learning purposes.   Not saying she's a bad person...but mistakes were made.  Glad she survived though.

Guest Grass Range #51406
1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s my opinion that gang bangers should be shot on sight, but that’s just me. I have no love, appreciation, respect, or any positive towards them. I don’t care what their race is or where they come from. If you are affiliated with a gang and you commit a crime you should be shot...many times. Oh, sure, we have the Constitution, we also have the right of “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” as listed in the Declaration of Independence. We need a new Declaration of Independence that declares people like gang bangers as “oppressors” and to be shunned and destroyed when encountered...but, that’s just me.

I just watched this again, with footage from the partner's view.  The young female officer seemed hurried and comfortable in her conversation with the gangster.  He definitely kept his cool and sounded agreeable enough, but in the future I'll bet she keeps her distance when the door opens instead of allowing a known gangster to get so close.  The partner officer may or may not have been using his light to illuminate the interior of the car, hard to tell.  The gangster put on a good show of cooperating, even raising his hands to show compliance, before arming himself as he gets out.  Tough situation to read for everyone involved.   Lessons learned the hard way are often the longest lasting.

5 hours ago, Irish jack said:

I just watched this again, with footage from the partner's view.  The young female officer seemed hurried and comfortable in her conversation with the gangster.  He definitely kept his cool and sounded agreeable enough, but in the future I'll bet she keeps her distance when the door opens instead of allowing a known gangster to get so close.  The partner officer may or may not have been using his light to illuminate the interior of the car, hard to tell.  The gangster put on a good show of cooperating, even raising his hands to show compliance, before arming himself as he gets out.  Tough situation to read for everyone involved.   Lessons learned the hard way are often the longest lasting.

Former LEO here-

As the approaching officer on the DS. You stay out of reach and away from the door.

It wasn't that perps first rodeo either......

OLG

3 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Former LEO here-

As the approaching officer on the DS. You stay out of reach and away from the door.

It wasn't that perps first rodeo either......

OLG

100% correct.

1 minute ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

The officer to the right side of the car should have had his flashlight sweeping the interior also.

OLG

Complacency kills.  Nothing wrong with taking a few steps back, letting the takedown lights shine in their eyes, and ordering them out on your terms.

But hey

8 minutes ago, Irish jack said:

Complacency kills.  Nothing wrong with taking a few steps back, letting the takedown lights shine in their eyes, and ordering them out on your terms.

But hey

X2

DOJ has put a stop on a lot of this too. ;)

When the perp told her, that he was on probation-She and her partner should have gone to 'condition red'.

OLG

7 minutes ago, Red Cent said:

Yeah. She said that on the video. What’s your question?

Archived