SASS Wire Forum

Changing Rugged Gear 2 gun to 3 or 4 gun

J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526

yes - i converted mine - moved the original gun holders down and reversed them then added double gun holders from cabela's to the top , works great , about $30 for what i bought to convert mine , i use it for sporting clays muzzle down , it works fine muzzle up if you pay attention when locking them in 

14 minutes ago, watab kid said:

yes - i converted mine - moved the original gun holders down and reversed them then added double gun holders from cabela's to the top , works great , about $30 for what i bought to convert mine , i use it for sporting clays muzzle down , it works fine muzzle up if you pay attention when locking them in 

Does this setup have all buttstocks resting on the lower portion/center section? 

Rugged Gear sells a conversion that has different rubber grippers for the top and a flat board that lies in the bottom of the cart with pockets for the butts.

I bought one and liked it enough I put my thoughts of buying the bigger cart on permanent hold.

I converted mine like Noz described.  Works great.  I use it when I am shooting alone and my RG 4-gun cart when my wife shoots with me.

--Dawg

I converted mine with the parts from Rugged gear worked fine. But ended up buying a 4 gun cart once my honey began shooting. But since I began shooting frontiersman the 4 gun cart was not big enough for all the extra stuff (mine) converted a baby stroller for me and she uses the 4 gun cart unless I shoot smokeless or FCD than its ok for the both of us.

Hochbauer

Thank you all for the comments and descriptions of how you converted your Rugged Gear cart.  I did see they have a conversion on the RG site, I was hoping to make something myself do it so we can carry 4 long guns. 

Picking it up tomorrow, probably do the conversion over the winter, but may move the upper gun holders to see if I can hold 2 upright, thinking I may need some sort of base in the lower/middle area to start.

Thanks again,

JSS

Archived