SASS Wire Forum

SASS Maine State Championships

Dead_Head

Thanks to Matchlock, Jimmy Reb and all the Beaver Creek Desperados for hosting the SASS Maine State Championships in Berwick, ME over the weekend.  We finally had just about perfect shooting weather there and enough breeze to move the smoke around.

Congratulations to Dapper Dan and Dueling Des for their SASS Maine State Championship titles and to Dapper Dan and Crystal Creek Chris for their Top Gun honors.  Dapper Dan has won several times before, but this was a great win for Dueling Des in only her second season of shooting and using some borrowed firearms this season. 

The sad news is that they announced this would be the last time they are going to run it.  Unless another SASS affiliated club in Maine picks it up, it will have to be combined with SASS NH State Championship or possibly the SASS MA/CT/RI State Championship.  They have run it the past ten years and the Hurricane Valley Rangers club in Falmouth, ME ran it for a number of years before that, but they are not running cowboy shoots any longer. 

I want to thank all who have come and shot with us over the years. There have been many who have helped us. Thanks to Dead Head and Cap't Morgan Rum for helping us get our cowboy program up and running many years ago. 

We found it necessary to stop doing the state level match, as there is just not enough help.  Unfortunately, according to the SASS website, we are the only affiliated club in Maine. Hopefully this will change, and someone else will be able to pick up where we left off. We will still be having club level matches. Hope to see you all there.

Again- Thanks to All.

Jimmy Reb  

I doubt it, but worth asking SASS.  I am pretty sure we have asked that before.

Since Maine was part of Massachusetts until 1820 there is the argument to make the Tri-State (MA-CT-RI) the Quad-State (MA-CT-RI-ME).

I think combining with the SASS NH State Championships makes more sense though if no other club wants to do it in Maine.

Hmm Maybe a New England State Match, CT,RI,MA,ME,VT,NH    Oh wait we are all at all the other state matches anyway!  Never mind, I'd rather shoot them all individually, more food, range time and hanging with friends.  

Archived