SASS Wire Forum

How can you shoot this?

Shooting Bull

12 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

I'm not sure we contribute either.

:blink:

Sometimes I think we are on either side of the overturned car telling them their driving sucks and that they really shouldn't have flipped the thing over in the first place.

Debate is contribution.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that based on the words "triple Tap" in the instructions  makes the shooter have to fashion his (any order) so that he does not end on target 2. It is the only logical answer to me. Interesting question and discussion.

14 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I predict this will go to page 8 and no ones mind will be changed. I just hope if I shoot this stage, I remember to ask how it can be done when the scenario is read!:D

Randy

I'll tell you if you're wondering! I think Hillbilly Drifter spoke most eloquently on the subject at hand. Just think, I wouldn't have had to do all that repeating if he had chimed in sooner!

11 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I predict this will go to page 8 and no ones mind will be changed. I just hope if I shoot this stage, I remember to ask how it can be done when the scenario is read!:D

Randy

Don't bother.  We're gonna give you a P no matter what you do. :P

11 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Don't bother.  We're gonna give you a P no matter what you do. :P

I'll probably deserve it! 

4 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

You get a P when you pull in in a ford!

I guess I'll get one tomorrow night when we practice. (Unless you're still planning on robbin' the Red Bank):ph34r::lol:

Randy

10 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I'll probably deserve it! 

I guess I'll get one tomorrow night when we practice. (Unless you're still planning on robbin' the Red Bank):ph34r::lol:

Randy

Yeah, I'll be in Red Bank a big hunk of the day tomorrow. Doubt I'll get back in time. As far as the ford goes, I been trying to overlook that little faux pas. Its like meeting John Wayne and finding out he wears a hair net.

2 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Yeah, I'll be in Red Bank a big hunk of the day tomorrow. Doubt I'll get back in time. As far as the ford goes, I been trying to overlook that little faux pas. Its like meeting John Wayne and finding out he wears a hair net.

What can I say, I had to put my Chevy in the shop today!

Randy

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

What can I say, I had to put my Chevy in the shop today!

Randy

Well it's a Chevy. You've driven it 10 years and never even put gas in it, much less got an oil change.

Theres a reason they put the bus schedule on pages 4 and 5 of ford manuals!

What did the stage require? “Triple tap targets in any order, put tenth shot on center target.” 

How does a shooter complete 3 triple taps on 3 targets in any order without getting a P?

Shots 1,2,3 have to be on the same target,

Shots 4,5,6 have to be on the same target but not the target that was hit by any of the first three shots

Shots 7,8,9 have to be on the same target but not on either target that was hit by any of the first six shots

With the first 9 rounds did the shooter "Triple tap the targets in any order"?  YES or NO

Did the shooter place put the 10th round on the center target? YES or NO

if you answer YES to both of those questions then the shooter is good......if you answered NO give them a P

Stan

1 hour ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

What did the stage require? “Triple tap targets in any order, put tenth shot on center target.” 

How does a shooter complete 3 triple taps on 3 targets in any order without getting a P?

Shots 1,2,3 have to be on the same target,

Shots 4,5,6 have to be on the same target but not the target that was hit by any of the first three shots

Shots 7,8,9 have to be on the same target but not on either target that was hit by any of the first six shots

With the first 9 rounds did the shooter "Triple tap the targets in any order"?  YES or NO

Did the shooter place put the 10th round on the center target? YES or NO

if you answer YES to both of those questions then the shooter is good......if you answered NO give them a P

Stan

I think we all understand this. The question at hand is simple:

If finishing on target two, does the 4th round (making the engagement on that target a quad tap), negate the triple tap.

Honest and reasonable positions exist on both sides.

Phantom

31 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I think we all understand this. The question at hand is simple:

If finishing on target two, does the 4th round (making the engagement on that target a quad tap), negate the triple tap.

Honest and reasonable positions exist on both sides.

Phantom

And it only took six pages.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:10 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Personally speaking, if I were the ROC, I would stay out of this one and just let each match define it as

they prefer..... kinda like when the Supremes refuse to hear a case..... :lol:

..........Widder

and if a stage written like this is presented at EOT or Winter Range, do we assume that YOUR interpretation is correct, or Creekers?????

because it could DRASTICLY affect the outcome of a match if its interpreted differently posse to posse. and if six pages of this has taught us nothing else, there will be different calls made on 36 posses without a hard fast rule.

3 hours ago, Gawd Awful said:

and if a stage written like this is presented at EOT or Winter Range, do we assume that YOUR interpretation is correct, or Creekers?????

because it could DRASTICLY affect the outcome of a match if its interpreted differently posse to posse. and if six pages of this has taught us nothing else, there will be different calls made on 36 posses without a hard fast rule.

That is why there are posse leader walk through at major matches, and the question should be brought up at that time.

8 hours ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

That is why there are posse leader walk through at major matches, and the question should be brought up at that time.

If anybody thinks to ask it.  Been posse marshal for several large matches including winter range. Always SOMETHING unexpected like this comes up.  I doubt any of us would have thought this simple stage could cause a 6 page discussion on the wire.

if Creeker and widder where on the walk through, and neither asked the question.....

2 hours ago, Gawd Awful said:

If anybody thinks to ask it.  Been posse marshal for several large matches including winter range. Always SOMETHING unexpected like this comes up.  I doubt any of us would have thought this simple stage could cause a 6 page discussion on the wire.

if Creeker and widder where on the walk through, and neither asked the question.....

Just because this question has brought 6 pages on the Wire doesn't mean that it's that big of a deal.

Why??

Because chances are that at "big" matches the stage would never had been written as the OP was. If it was written, it would have been questioned at the walk thru.

Does Creeker shoot big matches???

:P

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Just because this question has brought 6 pages on the Wire doesn't mean that it's that big of a deal.

Why??

Because chances are that at "big" matches the stage would never had been written as the OP was. If it was written, it would have been questioned at the walk thru.

Ain't dat da truth......and, I'm always glad to hear PMs ask questions that, thru their experience, know the need to be clarified, 

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

No.  Not for a while.

Have not shot Winter Range for a number of years.

But I have in the past and performed as a Posse Marshal at WR.

Have never shot EOT. 

Have shot a number of other State Championship shoots in addition to Nevada; even buckled at a few.

But I fail to see what correlation the number of shooters at a match has with the number of shots on a plate.

I have seen poorly worded or clarified stages at every level of shoot.  

And in the absence of clarification; the stage sequence in question would/ could be scored differently posse to posse.

But if recent participation in big shoots is the new criteria for posting or opinion...

I will abstain from further involvement.

17 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

No.  Not for a while.

Have never shot EOT. 

Have shot a number of other State Championship shoots in addition to Nevada; even buckled at a few.

But I fail to see what correlation the number of shooters at a match has with the number of shots on a plate.

And in the absence of clarification; the stage sequence in question would/ could be scored differently posse to posse.

But if recent participation in big shoots is the new criteria for posting or opinion...

Hey Creeker, your number of posts and the "liked" hits are a sign of your need and  importance on this wire. Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

No.  Not for a while.

Have never shot EOT. 

Taken out of context...

Whatever.

Phantom

On 9/14/2018 at 9:12 AM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Taken out of context...

Whatever.

Phantom

I don’t mean to stir the pot here, I REALLY don’t. I’m just curious what you actually meant since your “out of context” comment implies Creeker took it wrong. In other words, why ask if Creeker shoots big matches? Does that make his point any more or less valid? 

30 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

I don’t mean to stir the pot here, I REALLY don’t. I’m just curious what you actually meant since your “out of context” comment implies Creeker took it wrong. In other words, why ask if Creeker shoots big matches? Does that make his point any more or less valid? 

Look at the preceding posts. Large/Major matches were part of the discussion immediately preceding your post.

Therefore my comment was relevant.

Creeker's response seemed to disregard the context that my comment was made within.

Phantom

PS: I didn't ask him if he shot Majors or not... Was more of a rhetorical question. Nor did I imply that his opinion was invalid.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:30 AM, Wyatt said:

It would only be 3 pages if some folks just made their point once or twice :P

Page 8 here we come! :lol:

I can't believe this has stalled out at only 6 pages:D

Randy 

Let's see.

"Triple tap" the 3 targets in any order.......  I shoot 1 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 ......... This is a correct way of shooting the sequence as written..... NO PROCEDURAL AT THIS POINT.

NOW

Then place the 10th round on target 2....... According to some, I cannot complete the instruction without someone saying in is a procedural.

To those people, and those people only, please advise me on how to shoot the 10th round without getting a P.......

Or does shooting the 10th round on target 2 cause the preceding correct order of engagement to suddenly and magically become an incorrect order?

Okay, placing the same scenario in a different context, would you call a "P" on a shooter following these stage instructions?  (Same number of targets and rounds)

... from either direction, triple tap sweep the 3 targets, then place 10th shot on last target.

21 minutes ago, Griff said:

Okay, placing the same scenario in a different context, would you call a "P" on a shooter following these stage instructions?  (Same number of targets and rounds)

... from either direction, triple tap sweep the 3 targets, then place 10th shot on last target.

The question at hand is whether 4 in a row on the same target negates a triple tap.

Archived