SASS Wire Forum

Vertigo anyone?

Red Cent

Years ago I took up rock climbing to get over my fear of heights. It didn’t work. My friends wanted to try bungee jumping so I went with them to a bridge jump in Needles, CA. They thought I might want to do it once they tried it. As we got there and we were walking onto the bridge a girl had jumped, got tangled up in her cords and got bounced into the bottom of the bridge span. She was out cold dangling about 60’ below the span. I ran to my truck and was headed to call 911. Everyone was yelling st me to stop. They didn’t want the authorities involved. I went anyway. 

As the ambulance and police arrived I noticed most of these self-absorbed &@$ clowns had left but not before pulling the girl up onto the bridge and leaving her there. A couple remained, including my friends. Needless to say, we and especially I, did no jumping.

The girl had a bad concussion and several broken bones including a possible fractured neck.

That was the last we talked about bungee jumping.

Would I have tried Place Jumping? I thought about it then I remembered that girl and all her “look at me, look at me” self absorbed friends and the types of people I used to encounter rock climbing and the thought of place jumping rapidly dissipated.

One point about the video. Why are they contributing to global warming? These types would be in the front lines at Save the Earth (for us) Protests.

Ranks right up there with jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!!<_<

There's a guy who jumped out of a plane a few years ago near where I live wearing one of those flying squirrel suits. He disappeared over a forested area and to this day nobody has found his remains. You could dangle ten million dollars in front of me and you still would never get me to do anything like that.

11 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Ranks right up there with jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!!<_<

Done the plane bit  but hat stuff looks a might scarey...

:ph34r:  Darwin thinning the gene pool......  A tourist managed to back off a cliff in Yosemite yesterday while taking a selfie.  At least his episode was accidental.

These others are purposely tempting the Reaper, and IMHO, forfeit any sympathy for unfavorable outcomes.

Archived