SASS Wire Forum

Ravenwood Products Gun Cart I Won at Range Wars

Buffalo Dick, SASS #12880

I won a nifty three wheel, collapsible, oak gun cart in the raffle at this years Michigan State Championship. The only marking on it is "Ravenwood Products." I wanted to get some more info on it and see what accessories might be available, but could find nothing online.  Does anyone know how I may be able to find/contact the maker?

Thanks again to the Wolverine Rangers for one of my favorite matches, I've already marked the calendar for next year.

Buffy,

I purchased one of these carts a couple of years ago and absolutely love it!  They are made by Sauk Trail Mike, a Senior Duelist who shot at Range War this year.  He's from somewhere in Michigan.  I'm sure one of our pards here on the Wire can point you in the right direction.  I have some of his business cards at home, but I'm traveling for work, so I can't help you with the contact information right now.

22 hours ago, Buffalo Dick, SASS #12880 said:

I won a nifty three wheel, collapsible, oak gun cart in the raffle at this years Michigan State Championship. The only marking on it is "Ravenwood Products." I wanted to get some more info on it and see what accessories might be available, but could find nothing online.  Does anyone know how I may be able to find/contact the maker?

Thanks again to the Wolverine Rangers for one of my favorite matches, I've already marked the calendar for next year.

Since I didn't win that one, I had to order my own while I was there.

Woody Shootem is correct on the name and Sedalia Dave gave you the correct link to his information.

Lucky Dog

Ya Big tree

Looks like a nice cart.  Just wondering if you put pistols in the 4 slot holder behind the long gun stocks would they fall out if you tip your cart backward a bit to roll it forward.  Looks like it is at a declining angle instead of being at 90 degrees.

Kajun

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Looks like a nice cart.  Just wondering if you put pistols in the 4 slot holder behind the long gun stocks would they fall out if you tip your cart backward a bit to roll it forward.  Looks like it is at a declining angle instead of being at 90 degrees.

Kajun

I haven’t tried it yet but the pistols should sit well down in and the photos may be deceptive as far as the degree of angle you perceive. Someone at the banquet did say that there wasn’t enough depth for 7 1/2” pistols though. They said they just cut holes in the bottom of the plastic cup holder inserts for their longer pistols. 

I have one of these carts.  The pistols will not come out of the holders;  your pistols are in those holes all the way up to the trigger guard.  It is true they will not fit 7.5" barrelled pistols, but you could put a spacer underneath the board with the pistol holes to raise it up enough to fit them if you wanted to.  There usually isn't a need to tip the cart back to roll it forward;  just push, it'll go.  My previous cart was a two-wheeler which of course has to be leaned toward you to push it forward.  Took awhile to break myself of the habit of trying to lean it back.  I do not recall the price of the cart;  it was a birthday gift from my wife and daughters.  I do remember thinking if I tried to make the cart myself, it would cost me the purchase price in materials and take me all winter.  It's a very clever, lightweight yet sturdy design, and I still get compliments on it.

well made too,,, looks like a piece of furniture,,,

Archived