SASS Wire Forum

"Preacher's" shirt and collar

Does anyone know where I can purchase a preacher's shirt and collar like Clint Eastwood's "Preacher" wore?

It might be best to stay clear of me when I have my collar on... especially when I am not shooting well.  

I am looking for something a little different to wear to banquets.   I thought about Ward Bond's Reverend in the Searchers, where he slaps on his collar and black coat when he's preaching and pulls it off when he is Texas Rangering.  

On 8/25/2018 at 4:19 PM, Hopalong Mac McLin said:

Does anyone know where I can purchase a preacher's shirt and collar like Clint Eastwood's "Preacher" wore?

A few places still sell button on collars like this at WWMerc and RiverJunction ... don't see them too much anymore ... I have some shirts that will use the collars (button in back and stud/pin in front ... but always declined the collars when they were offered w/ the shirt). 

http://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=FC-C-2&type=store&category=8170

https://www.riverjunction.com/Collar--Cloth-Collar_p_230.html

• 2 months later...

Hey Hopolong McLin

Are you still looking for a PREACHERS outfit.

I have it all in one package. Shirt, Stripped pants, Hat with gold Cross in the front, Two crosses for the neck.

I took  pictures but they would not transfer over to the reply spot.

Get a hold of me and I can send you a copy from an e-mail.

Two Ponies

AKA: Donald Tusher

Hey Hopolong McLin

Are you still looking for a PREACHERS outfit.

I have it all in one package. Shirt, Stripped pants, Hat with gold Cross in the front, Two crosses for the neck.

I took  pictures but they would not transfer over to the reply spot.

Get a hold of me and I can send you a copy from an e-mail.

Two Ponies

AKA: Donald Tusher

Sent you a PM with my email address.

Tell me how to access the  PM, I have not been on here for a long time and do not know my way around.

Two Ponies

2 hours ago, Two Ponies said:

Tell me how to access the  PM, I have not been on here for a long time and do not know my way around.

Two Ponies

Scroll all the way to the top.  At the top, next to your picture is a little envelope icon.  Should be a notification on it.  Click on it, and it will open up your messages. 

How ya doing, my friend.  Miss you and TPG.  

Thanx Lawman Mark    -Incidentally I was able to figure it out shortly after I made the other post.

Two Ponies

The collar which Eastwood is wearing is the traditional Anglican (Episcopal) collar.  It is available from www.Almy.com.  It is typically worn with the black shirt and held in place with two collar stays, also available from Almy.  This, by the way, is my usual outfit at SASS and my regular job.

Archived