SASS Wire Forum

how/what do I call this?

Red Cent

9 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

You almost gave it away!!  We play off of other people’s assumptions that we’re less intelligent because of the way we speak. The insults and double meanings go right over their heads, allowing us to avoid shabby displays of bluntness that offend the sensibilities.

Saying “Bless your heart!” often prevents those of us that can be best described as “excitable” from strangling someone who DESPERATELY needs it!!  ^_^ :lol:

At least I didn't explain how the more adjectives used in conjunction with, 'Bless your heart,' the worse the insult that is intended.

'Bless your heart,' is bad.  'Bless your little pea picking heart all to tiny pieces,' is much, much worse.

Guest Grass Range #51406
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

The only appropriate way to deal with it is to fire that teacher. 

Yep

I ain't perticuler -- happy to be engaged in any kind of bidness :rolleyes:  have to admit to using m'am myself over time, and these days when someone says it to me I think "old". Reckon I better change the connotation to sumpin' friskier 

19 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

At least I didn't explain how the more adjectives used in conjunction with, 'Bless your heart,' the worse the insult that is intended.

'Bless your heart,' is bad.  'Bless your little pea picking heart all to tiny pieces,' is much, much worse.

dat be true

AND there is one reply that makes my liver quiver:  "I or we APPRECIATE that you..."  blah blah blah....followed by "BUT..."  in a  PEJORATIVE tone

AS IF that word is supposed to fool you into thinking it means gratitude, when in reality they mean the di-rekt opposite. 

I like to smile and say, "aww I AP-PRE-CI-ATE you , too."

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

The only appropriate way to deal with it is to fire that teacher. 

district be too skert of suit; will have a "chat" with her, mebe verbal warning, and sweep it under.  Seems to me this is BULLYING by an adult, which is supposed to be politically incerrekt

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I bet he used 'suh'. 

I hear that's close to how you pronounce the word for 'stupid' in some tribal language over in Asia.:P

When dealing with Southerners, don't forget that we aren't really polite.  We just talk around things and say things with multiple meanings or ways of interpretation instead of just coming out and insulting folks.

We can be more inscrutable than any Oriental when we hand out insults.

Duffield

33 minutes ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

We can be more inscrutable than any Oriental when we hand out insults.

Duffield

We can definitely give the Japanese a run for their money when it comes to talking around something, using euphemisms or phrasing things so that there's multiple meanings.

Archived