SASS Wire Forum

Old Toostone Trivia Questions

McCandless

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang Alpo, you must have a mind like a steel trap. :)

I am remembering things as you post them but if you asked me about Lutefisk before your post above I would be like "Huh...I remember something about that but no details..."

Through the door there came familiar laughter
I saw your face and heard you call my name
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same

3 hours ago, McCandless said:

J Mark Flint drops in now and then...  Spiffy looks in on the Saloon occasionally but doesn't post.  Sierra Jack Cassidy retired from the game.  He's still on radio, I believe.

I yack with Cassidy oncet in a while.  The old codger is on the radio in Lacrosse, WI.  He switches from classic rock to oldies.  One weekends he plays in a band of other old timers.  I mean to see him play, during the summer, but ran out of round tuits.

Doggonit! I knew i'd fergit some key Saloonatics..... Sorry Freddy.... and i was just think'n bout you the other day. 

Chip (bout as sharp as a butter knife) Tosser

60008346_SwedePatches.jpg.6e5798dddbfc8ffffa98599cd0acaf2f.jpg

Swede D and Patches downing something at Fandango 2002... Lutefisk??

68397525_SierraJackCassidy5.jpg.734a908a5f281984d718faff6d7346e9.jpg

Sierra Jack Cassidy  

1902500862_TexBoden.jpg.87a4675964e38968354fbee618b956be.jpg

Tex Boden 

1 hour ago, Chip Tosser SASS#27040L said:

Whilst we's remember'n

a few more Saloonatics

Tex Boden

Swede D

Duke Chisum

Dapper Dan 

Greeenriver

Mac Weston

The Fair and lovely..... Timberline

Marshal Rusty Bore

mor will come to me as my brain thaws out

(with my hat over my heart) we lost Dukey a few years back to esophagial cancer.  Greeenriver (3Es), lost him to lung cancer.  May they rest in piece.  Marshal Rusty Bore left CAS, sold his rig and now pushes a broom in a Catholic grade school.  Herds little children.  I always looked up to Tex and Flint.  Dapper Dan is rescuing critters these days at an animal shelter.  TFAL Timberline:wub:  Flint's main squeeze.  Suzy Silk Knickers :wub::wub:  She was one smart cookie.  She was taken too soon also:(

I remember being at one of the conventions in Vegas, Dukey and I were standing in the ballroom watching the festivities go on.  Rocky walks up to us both, demands that we take off our hats and plants a big ol' smooch on us both before she sashayed away.  I was near to passing out. My heart purt near jumped out of my chest.  Those were high times.

hand_or_two_a.jpg.598fa3c5fea7bcff54ae91187921d1c7.jpg

A hand or twa... Flint Westwood, Rocky Meadows, Tex Boden, Mack Weston

Lefty Van Cleef and Swede D

Suzee told me she taught herself to write her name when she was three. That's how she spelled it then, and that's how she continued to spell it.

Wrote books on how to take tests.

Dedicated this one to her SASS friends.

9780764112843.jpg

Sit'n here reminiscing a bit... once upon a time, there was some talk about making a map of Toostone and the surrounding area, land holdings, points of interest etc. Swede said his ranch was only a couple feet wide, but ran all the way to the Mexican border..... Said he was plowing and couldn't get the dang mules to turn around! Spewed coffee all over the keyboard on that one. 

What a hoot!

another trivia question..... what was Swede's beverage of choice?

Not sure if folks remember, but back in the early days of the internet.... the Saloonatics broke the wire server several times with the ammount of readership traffic. Hehehe..... good times.

I've got a map of it, somewhere. Shows the Saloon, Jake's gun store, the bank, the three-story crapper, my furniture store, the lake, the balloon airport. 

If I could just find it. So many years, so many computers. 

10 hours ago, Chip Tosser SASS#27040L said:

Hehe.. here's one for ya....

what was the name of Black Harris's flying machine?

and.... Who flew it most often?

I believe the flying machine was called the "Ballooey" or sumpim like that. His pard SAGE was the one I recomember flyin' it most and taking Claminity Jane and her Dynomite fer throwing up with him.  It used to be tethered down at the freight platform by the  Train station. I Recomember Sage making pink and purple powder in shotgun shells. 

I used to come in the Saloon (ACS) and ask Buckets for an Ice Cold Mug and a bucket of Beer. I always sat at the table under the stairs for less likely getting hit with flying mugs when things got dicey. One time I got Drunk and tossed Lizzy Marie and Rocky Meadows up, one on each shoulder and started up up the stairs whit both of them screaming Help Help!! Some cowpoke shot me in the butt (hurts) and I got upstairs and in the room.  I think Brun-Hilda and maybe some nurseifing Nuns were waiting cuz I no more got in the room and I got knocked out. They musta had a field day with me cuz when I came to, walked down stairs everyone was laughing and slapping their knees at the sight of me.  They done shaved off my mushmash, put red rouge on my cheeks and dressed my butt and put me in a dress. I looked in the back bar mirror and was Horrified I tell ya. I made good friends with Miss Rocky after that. 

I also recomember every year going to cut down a Christmas tree and all the things from Humongous Wagons and shooting rockets and launching trees at Toostone and having Eleventy-seven trees come down point first through the Saloon(ACS) roof. One year the tree got too close to the stove and burnt it up.

Then there was the year all the trees was gone from the Mts and we found them in tunnels under Toostone and Marshall Rusty Bore was chained in the room sitting on a big pile of boxes marked Dynamite.  Big hole in the ground and trees blown a mile high, somebody said they were up in the Mts and seen a plume of smoke and the earth shook What fun that we had back in 2000-2005 and some more in 2009-2012. I still talk with Miss Rocky Meadows on facebook My Wife and I took an 8,000 mile, 18 states, 34 days trip 3 years ago and stopped in for a couple days visit when she was living in Oklahoma and we went turtle shooting in her lake. She's in TEXAS now.

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

Hey Jake, I think the balooey came along later in Toostone so I’ll give you half credit on the trivia question. I’ll wait a bit before i disclose the answer. See if someone else wants to venture a guess.

while we’re waiting, ill throw out another question...

what was Tex Bodens ranch inundated with? Actually happened in real life. Hehehe...

16 hours ago, Chip Tosser SASS#27040L said:

Whilst we's remember'n

a few more Saloonatics

Tex Boden

Swede D

Duke Chisum

Dapper Dan 

Greeenriver

Mac Weston

The Fair and lovely..... Timberline

Marshal Rusty Bore

mor will come to me as my brain thaws out

Duke rode over the ridge. :( Tex used to blow thru now and then, but it's been awhile. Same with Mayobard. Used to see Miss Rocky on FB but not for a while,. Good to see ya chip. Figured the hogs et ya.

JHC

Hey.  I am still here.  I have not shot a match in years, but I am still lurking in the shadows.  I plan on getting my loader put together this Fall and start shooting again after I stock up on ammo.

Rocky and I at the Saloon at Badlands Bar 3.  This was about three years ago.  Pretty sure she still comes up and shoots with the Bar 3 gang.

The Toostone story was a classic. Radioactive giant worms, chicken drive, Worm Rodman, “Hoobeats”, even Barney the purple dinosaur made an appearance, albeit very briefly.  

649011F6-E760-481F-AFED-5CF298346C72.jpeg

Hey Pulp..... long time no see! Glad to see your still kick'n. Next time you run into her, give Miss Rocky a hug from me and my warmest regards.  I’ve never crossed paths with her, tho I hope to someday. She was asked one time in the Saloon if there was any cowboy she hadn’t met yet that she'd like to....

I was honored to be that cowboy.  Fine Lady that I’m glad to count amongst my friends.

As the years go by, Toostone Saloon lives.

There are not many who remember but then there are some who where there to live it.

As the patrons came and went, I kept a list.

It was know as the "Toostone Saloon Picture Gallery".

Not all that came to the Toostone Saloon wanted to be included on the list but those who did....well, I still have the list.

The Original Toostone Picture Gallery index list.

For those who were there, here is Memory Lane.

badge.jpg

Cliff Hanger

Note: the links on the page are not connected but the pages are still live on an old external hard drive in my cabinet.

The above list is not the last list.

The list became so big, that the small images were removed and just names and links to photo pages remained.

The last list shows Toostone Picture Gallery was started in July 2001 and closed do to inactivity in March 2003.

---------------

Tex Boden, I found some of the EoT bunny ear photos.

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I'm probably going to regret this......

What's a Toostone?

LL

It's the result of a typo.

Toostone is the town where the Saloon (ACS) is. Back around 2000 there was a long-running story, and someone left the F out of HOOFBEATS. And there were HOOBEATS on the trail. Someone else typed a A instead of a O in TWO, and they'd get iut the cards and play a hand or twa.

I don't recall whether, in the story, the town was to be Toomstone and the M got misplaced, or if it just kinda happened because Toostone went so well with hoobeats.

You had to be there.

7 minutes ago, Alpo said:

It's the result of a typo.

Toostone is the town where the Saloon (ACS) is. Back around 2000 there was a long-running story, and someone left the F out of HOOFBEATS. And there were HOOBEATS on the trail. Someone else typed a A instead of a O in TWO, and they'd get iut the cards and play a hand or twa.

I don't recall whether, in the story, the town was to be Toomstone and the M got misplaced, or if it just kinda happened because Toostone went so well with hoobeats.

You had to be there.

Gracias, compadre!

LL

Archived