SASS Wire Forum

STUFF FOR FREE

Now, as I remember this if you have something CAS or shooting related gathering cobwebs or otherwise needing a new home and you are not worried about compensation except perhaps for postage you can post on this thread.  If you see something you want, post accordingly but you are obligated to post something yourself. I see this as a great way for new folks especially to find some of those odd or small items they want. Remember - you take advantage of an item - you should post something yourself .  Hence, pay it forward. 

Edited by Too Tall Bob
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 bags of 38 spec brass all clean and shiny. 250 pcs/bag. A good start for a new shooter....

Shipped free to you. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'll take it Too Tall. 

Happy to pay for shipping.  Trying to get my wife Ginger Jane started up.  Just bought her 357 Evil Roy Cimarron's.  Plan to get her a Marlin 94 38/357 and a 20g Stoeger still need to find some leather but all in time.  This brass would help.  Cowboys are an amazing group.  Since I started in Feb this year the support and advice has been incredible.  "Come to  shoot, Stay for the people" could not be more true.  

PM Sent

Stretch

• Like 1

Ok, it’s yours!  Send me your address in a pm. 

PAY IT FORWARD

• Like 1

In another post Rye Miles said:

”Mudflat Mike is a pay it forward pard!! He sent me some grips for a wall hanger. He could have sold 'em for about $75.00 or so!!”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And we're off! Good job starting this up again, it ran for quite some time before. The key is everyone pitching in, listing something when they get something. It can be cowboy related or not. Pistol magazines, recoil pads, old grips, choke tubes, reading material, research material, arts and crafts, the list is endless. Everybody needs something!

• Like 3

The original thread was "Stuff For Free" - and it wasn't just new members who benefited.  But yes it ran for quite a while.  I'll put up an Original 1897 magazine spring and follower and I'll look around and see if I can find anything else to post.

Charlie

• Like 1

I have an extra set of  .45 colt dies I'd be glad to donate if someone needs them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Larabee said:

I have an extra set of  .45 colt dies I'd be glad to donate if someone needs them.

I'm your Huckleberry!!! I just got my first progressive press and was looking to get a spare set of dies!!!

Edited by Boomstick Bruce
  • Like 1

I'll get them packed up Boomstick, pm me your address again, i had it but probably misplaced it by now !!

Goody / Too Tall Bob--- See if the Mods can pin this this time. It can be useful to everyone.

Edited by Eyesa Horg
  • Like 1

I have some dies in .44-40 that are not complete. A couple have the primer punch out pin missing and a couple are I don't know what??

they are gone!!! Donated them to my local cowboy club!

Rye

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

37 minutes ago, Yosemite Seth said:

80 Federal shotgun primers. Who wants ‘em?

I could use them - sending PM

I have

1)  a military rifle recoil pad w/metal cover & screws that has a hole in the center  (not sure what it is off)

2)  M1 Carbine metal butt plate & Steel Heat shield

and don't forget the  Original 1897 magazine spring and follower I offered earlier.

Edited by Charlie T Waite

Rye,I will take those 44-40 dies if still offered.

1 hour ago, Pit Bull Tex said:

Rye,I will take those 44-40 dies if still offered.

Sorry Pit Bull, I've donated them to my local cowboy club!! Firelands Peacemakers!

Good.Maybe he will use them with BP.

On 8/21/2018 at 12:25 PM, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Y'all remember as you scoop something up you need to add back to the pot.

Remember - What Goody said!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a flash suppressor for a M3 grease gun that goes to anyone who has an M3.  I know it isn't cowboy, and don't ask why or how I got it!

The flash suppressor for the M3 grease gun is on it's way to a new home, and yes it was sent as a freebie!

Buckeye Pete

Edited by Buckeye Pete, SASS # 29941
no longer available.

I have up for grabs a really short '97 stock.  This was on a gun I traded for and would be great for a small person or youth.  Original stock.  No cracks, no butt plate.  Wood measures 10 & 1/2 in long from butt to receiver.  Yours for shipping.  Should fit in a med one rate box.

Al