SASS Wire Forum

Father Kit

McCandless

Now that Father Kit 'Cool Gun' Garth has been driven away... where are all the Saloonatic posts that were supposed to take place?  You know, the stuff that was 'hampered' by his cartoon posts?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, McCandless said:

Now that Father Kit 'Cool Gun' Garth has been driven away... where are all the Saloonatic posts that were supposed to take place?  You know, the stuff that was 'hampered' by his cartoon posts?

That’s a great question.

Guess it depends on your point of view.  :unsure:

Not saying that it’s better or worse, but I DO see a few more names attached to posts...

16 minutes ago, McCandless said:

Apparently, I missed this episode.  Driven away???  What was that about.  Until someone said something, I didn't notice that his posts had become less prolific.  Do I need to be clued in?  Or is it better to just not ask questions?

Yeah, amazing how that works...

To me it’s what I call “Trailer Park” mentality. Ya got people that just aren’t real happy so they think everyone else should be unhappy so they raise a ruckus until they get their way and then once the drama is over they go back to being how they were before because their cheap entertainment is over.

Oh, and if this makes you angry, I really don’t care. Suck it up, buttercup. Sometimes the truth is...well, the truth.

4 minutes ago, Catlow4697 said:

Let's start right now to bring him back the wire.

Might need a Mod or Admin to help with contacting him, since he never listed an Email or such in his profile.

I would like him back.

OLG

2 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Might need a Mod or Admin to help with contacting him, since he never listed an Email or such in his profile.

I would like him back.

OLG

Me too.

I'd bring him back--I didn't always have an interest in all his posts, but I'd defend to the death his right to post them!  It's kind of funny that a group of folks so high and mightily defend their Second Amendment rights while trying to squelch someone else's First Amendment rights.    

If you don't like what a feller's posting, then just don't read threads that he starts.  I do believe we have an 'ignore' function on this incarnation of the forums.  You put somebody on your ignore list and you never have to see anything they post ever again if you don't over ride it.

It ain't that hard to just skip and ignore a poster.  I do it all the time and been doin' it- in the Saloon and on the WIRE since before the Saloon was invented- since the '90's.

Playing internet ninja to bully somebody ain't right.  There's supposed to be a bunch of grown folks around here, how's about folks act like it?   Once upon a time in these parts, folks would have spoke up and call folks out for even trying such foolishness.

(I'd like to thank Jonah Hex, Flint Westwood, Black Harris and Nubbins Colt for their tutelage in preparing me to play the resident crusty old curmudgeon- even if I still ain't old enough to officially qualify as such.)

I was truly looking forward to being schooled by the old time saloonatics that would show us how a Wire Saloon should be run and all we got were crickets. At least Father Kit was a SASS member who was truly trying to promote our sport. I rarely looked at his cartoons because those aren’t my cup of tea but it was really easy to scroll right over them, imagine that!! Welcoming new members was such a bad thing that it’s not done anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I was truly looking forward to being schooled by the old time saloonatics that would show us how a Wire Saloon should be run and all we got were crickets. At least Father Kit was a SASS member who was truly trying to promote our sport. I rarely looked at his cartoons because those aren’t my cup of tea but it was really easy to scroll right over them, imagine that!! Welcoming new members was such a bad thing that it’s not done anymore. 

Being an old school Saloonatic I can tell you that the ones calling themselves old school Saloonatics WEREN'T.

7 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I swing through in fits and starts these days.  Might hit the place a couple times a day for a week and then might not even stick my head in at all for a couple weeks- it depends on how work goes and what else I have on my plate. 

By the time I saw the thread on his leaving, it was all over and been over a couple days.  No sense in beating a dead horse or trying to undo a dog-piling that was done and over with.

I guess I missed the memos too.  Like most folks that have posted to this thread, I don't read what doesn't interest me and read what I like.   Some of his posts weren't my cup of tea but it was his right to post them.  

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I do believe we have an 'ignore' function on this incarnation of the forums. 

Huh, I never noticed that until you mentioned it. Thanks!

(In case anybody's wondering, click on your name at the top of the page and you'll get a menu. The second to last item says "Ignored Users." Click that and fill in the names you don't want to see.)

3 minutes ago, Sparky Nelson said:

(In case anybody's wondering, click on your name at the top of the page and you'll get a menu. The second to last item says "Ignored Users." Click that and fill in the names you don't want to see.)

Either kit or pat posted some instructions on how to do that.  Maybe it was kit and those people who don't like his contribution never read it. 

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I do believe we have an 'ignore' function on this incarnation of the forums.  You put somebody on your ignore list and you never have to see anything they post ever again if you don't over ride it.

I "ignored" one person that tried to dredge up political and social conflict in every little nitpicky thing.  I wouldn't see posts he made but would see them when someone quoted some of drivel. Fortunately,  he's gone.

29 minutes ago, Sparky Nelson said:

Should I even bother responding?:lol:

5 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

I guess I missed the memos too.  Like most folks that have posted to this thread, I don't read what doesn't interest me and read what I like.   Some of his posts weren't my cup of tea but it was his right to post them.  

Sorry, but no isn't.  This a private forum and we have to live under their rules, and foibles.  First Amendment rights don't apply here because this is NOT (Thank God) a government owned nor controlled venue.

Still, I vote to bring him back and ignore the AH crowd that wants everything their way or no way.

7 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

The moderators hid the worst of those posts.

The mods should have giv'n several of those jerks 'vacations' from the forum.

IIRC-A couple had just been reinstated after the forum 'change'........:rolleyes:

OLG

Archived