SASS Wire Forum

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

We plan to be there early enough to get set-up in the same place and we will stake you place. When are you getting in?

Wednesday afternoon.

Are you camping in the same spot?

Hey Hopidy.

Hope you have a safe trip up.   I saw where you are shooting SSGF.   Thats good news.

I'm gonna shoot in the SGF category.

Be sure to bring your .22 lever rifle and enjoy the speed RIMFIRE side match.

And be sure to buy some raffle tickets for the Soft Stroke Henry .22 rifle.  It IS a dandy.

..........Widder

4 hours ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Really looking forward to this one, Randy--and to shooting with you!

Looking forward to shooting with you also Cass. 

These are the first 5 stages (not in order). I hope to get the other 5 painted tomorrow afternoon after work.

Randy

IMG_3799.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3802.JPG

IMG_3805.JPG

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Hey Randy,

How many Navy Battleships did you have to salvage to get them BIG steel plates?

:D

..........Widder

They weren't float worthy anymore so we had to do something with them, surplus Battleships are pretty cheap.:P Just don't blame me if you miss one. :rolleyes:

Randy

Who is coming to Tennessee that is good working on an 1866 Yellow Boy?  Mine has a feed problem.  I can't seem to buy a rifle that works....

Well, I got the last 5 stages painted after work today so now we're ready for the Workers shoot-thru tomorrow and Sunday. Then I'll repaint again next week to be ready for the Main Event. Everything is shaping up. Dodge City Dixie and her range decorating crew have done a great job getting everything looking fantastic.

Everything is shaping up to be another fun match.

Randy

IMG_3828.JPG

IMG_3827.JPG

IMG_3830.JPG

IMG_3831.JPG

IMG_3824.JPG

IMG_3823.JPG

On 10/4/2018 at 8:27 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

They weren't float worthy anymore so we had to do something with them, surplus Battleships are pretty cheap.:P Just don't blame me if you miss one. :rolleyes:

Randy

Way to keep the Outlaws happy, Randy.

Gonna be some fast times.

Don't know if the weeds is gonna help me there. 

4 hours ago, Major J Hawk SASS#107720 said:

Who is coming to Tennessee that is good working on an 1866 Yellow Boy?  Mine has a feed problem.  I can't seem to buy a rifle that works....

There will be several folks that know there way around a 66 or 73. Reno Mustang, Papa Dave are members off the top of my head. Not sure if Joe West will be there or not. We're supposed to meet up and I can look at it and help you find one of these guys to help if I can't resolve it.

Make sure you're ammo is long enough. They all feed better if the OAL is greater than 1.45. I try to get to 1.5 with .38 special.

8 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

There will be several folks that know there way around a 66 or 73. Reno Mustang, Papa Dave are members off the top of my head. Not sure if Joe West will be there or not. We're supposed to meet up and I can look at it and help you find one of these guys to help if I can't resolve it.

Make sure you're ammo is long enough. They all feed better if the OAL is greater than 1.45. I try to get to 1.5 with .38 special.

I'm using factory .38sp ammo.  Leadville to be exact.  The rounds from the magazine are pushing the rounds below the carrier block to far to pick up with more than one or two in the mag.

33 minutes ago, Major J Hawk SASS#107720 said:

I'm using factory .38sp ammo.  Leadville to be exact.  The rounds from the magazine are pushing the rounds below the carrier block to far to pick up with more than one or two in the mag.

^^^ I forgot Sgt. Eli will be there too. 

Good article on toggle links:

http://www.theopenrange.net/articles/togglelink.pdf

I'll bring some extra ammo for the Rossi, it will be long enough to feed in either gun; assuming that tab isn't bent on your 66'.

10 hours ago, Waimea said:

Don't know if the weeds is gonna help me there. 

Sure they will, they will give you a place to lurk and watch the train wrecks.

2 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Sure they will, they will give you a place to lurk and watch the train wrecks.

Can't count on train wrecks with targets this big.

Although mine was spectacular at Black Gold, only TN Mongo had a "better" one. Same stage too. Show off. :lol:

Nothing to Big or too close to miss, not counting brain fade and other failures. I know where to find you, see you soon my friend.

For those camping, I have enough spaghetti sauce for about 15 or so folks. If you want to join us for dinner grab and chair and come on over to the camp. Bring some bread, salad, or just yourselves. If/when we run out of spaghetti we can have some pizza delivered.

See everyone at Wartrace.

Coming in on Tuesday.

Two days and counting.

I was looking through the stage descriptions and stage #7 and #9 are missing or misnumbered. I'm assuming misnumbered since I do see a stage 11 and 13 am I correct??  You know I'm a Gamer and all :lol::lol:.

7 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

For those camping, I have enough spaghetti sauce for about 15 or so folks. If you want to join us for dinner grab and chair and come on over to the camp. Bring some bread, salad, or just yourselves. If/when we run out of spaghetti we can have some pizza delivered.

See everyone at Wartrace.

Coming in on Tuesday.

Two days and counting.

What day?

Preacherman and I will be there on Wednesday around 6:00pm.

We will bring something. Not sure what.

I hope someone will plan for wood for the fire this year.:lol:

As usual, I am two steps ahead already, had the wood in the truck for a week now. I just hope Hurricane Charlie brings the fire pit. We should be eating around 7 or so on Wednesday so that should work.

4 hours ago, Shootin Sharyn said:

I was looking through the stage descriptions and stage #7 and #9 are missing or misnumbered. I'm assuming misnumbered since I do see a stage 11 and 13 am I correct??  You know I'm a Gamer and all :lol::lol:.

Sharyn, like Branchwater said we assigned permanent numbers to our stages as opposed to just numbering bays. So we are are shooting on Stages (bays) 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10,11 and 13.  Stage 12(bay) will be for the Shoot-off and Team Match.

Thanks

Randy

22 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

As usual, I am two steps ahead already, had the wood in the truck for a week now. I just hope Hurricane Charlie brings the fire pit. We should be eating around 7 or so on Wednesday so that should work.

Looks like Hurricane Michael and I are going to do battle in Georgia.

Good thing I have Preacherman with me.

Might turn epic.

I'm thinking that it might be a parting of a hurricane to get to Tennessee.

I ain't skeered.

This one's for you Badlands Bob:

HURRICANE SCHMURRICANE

Let's shoot!!!

Waimea

PS we might be getting there a little later than I thought.

Save us some spaghetti.

2 hours ago, Waimea said:

Looks like Hurricane Michael and I are going to do battle in Georgia.

Good thing I have Preacherman with me.

Might turn epic.

I'm thinking that it might be a parting of a hurricane to get to Tennessee.

I ain't skeered.

This one's for you Badlands Bob:

HURRICANE SCHMURRICANE

Let's shoot!!!

Waimea

PS we might be getting there a little later than I thought.

Save us some spaghetti.

Last famous words.....:lol::D:o:P

Anyone have an extra gun cart I could borrow for the match?  I ordered on from Rugged Gear but I don't know if it will make it by Thursday morning.  I used a golf cart and bag last weekend and it was less than ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Headed that way shortly, we will be there Wednesday morning to get Lady T set up.

Well dang it all to heck!!!  (those of you that know me well know that I cleaned that up a bunch!!!)  I just got out of the foot doctor's office....................... on the damned knee scooter!!!!  He's putting me back to bed for a few weeks while he arranges another stem cell graft and some "No putting that foot on the ground!" time. This is the result of trying to find shoes that I can walk in safely with lateral support and balance.  We've found the right shoes, but the process has aggravated the tender portion of the skin on the sole of my foot.

I'm STILL gonna' try to slip down there for a while on Saturday, but if I don't make it, y'all forgive my absence, PLEASE???

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Well dang it all to heck!!!  (those of you that know me well know that I cleaned that up a bunch!!!)  I just got out of the foot doctor's office....................... on the damned knee scooter!!!!  He's putting me back to bed for a few weeks while he arranges another stem cell graft and some "No putting that foot on the ground!" time. This is the result of trying to find shoes that I can walk in safely with lateral support and balance.  We've found the right shoes, but the process has aggravated the tender portion of the skin on the sole of my foot.

I'm STILL gonna' try to slip down there for a while on Saturday, but if I don't make it, y'all forgive my absence, PLEASE???

I'll set up a chair. You can sit and we can talk for a spell.

Waimea

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Blackwater, you better take care of that foot. Hope you're better soon, I miss shooting with you.

Randy

13 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Klassic Laser rolled in and started setting up yesterday. I think it’s all beginning to come together. See y’all soon. 

Randy

The food vendor will be cooking breakfast Thursday, Friday and Saturday so bring your appetite and arrive in time to eat before the shooting begins.

Randy

Archived