SASS Wire Forum

I plan on coming!  It will be this greenhorn's first big match.  Shoot, might be my first ever match!  Hope you guys are as welcoming and accommodating as advertised.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Major J Hawk SASS#107720 said:

I plan on coming!  It will be this greenhorn's first big match.  Shoot, might be my first ever match!  Hope you guys are as welcoming and accommodating as advertised.

Friendliest bunch of cowboys you'll ever meet.

A few years back Lady T and I got to tour the Winchester Hat Company in Winchester TN. This is the place where most of our hats start out. They make the blanks and ship them all over the country to the hat finishers. Anyway, if...and the is a big if at this time...would there be interest in some pards taking a tour of the facility on Wednesday if we can set it up?

I will not be able to talk to them until Monday sometime so I don't know if they still have tours but if you would be interested chime in so I might have an idea how many would be involved.

If no one wants to take the tour I plan to tour Jack Danial's on Wednesday anyway.

Let me know and I will post details if they develop.

55 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

A few years back Lady T and I got to tour the Winchester Hat Company in Winchester TN. This is the place where most of our hats start out. They make the blanks and ship them all over the country to the hat finishers. Anyway, if...and the is a big if at this time...would there be interest in some pards taking a tour of the facility on Wednesday if we can set it up?

I will not be able to talk to them until Monday sometime so I don't know if they still have tours but if you would be interested chime in so I might have an idea how many would be involved.

If no one wants to take the tour I plan to tour Jack Danial's on Wednesday anyway.

Let me know and I will post details if they develop.

Tombstone, I think the hat company tour would be great but I won't be able to make it. We'll still have too many T's to cross and i's to dot before the big day. We should have a Jack Daniels tour during the Side-Match Awards on Friday Night!:P

IMG_2392.thumb.JPG.f94a2e1467edf99996894e6d8b3b3305.JPG

IMG_2391.thumb.JPG.3d0180a53a1d2cf5eaf8a8831c30fada.JPG

12 hours ago, Major J Hawk SASS#107720 said:

Major, glad you're coming to join us, I hope you have a great time.

Randy

Randy, since you all live near I figure you have made the tour before. I was hoping for a few of our visitors that might want to come in a day early and have something to do

Counting the days til Wartrace.

19 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Randy, since you all live near I figure you have made the tour before. I was hoping for a few of our visitors that might want to come in a day early and have something to do

Counting the days til Wartrace.

I've only done the Jack Daniels tour once and never made it  the Hat factory but I think they would both be really good tours. I wish I could go but just too much going on.

It's getting here fast and the rush begins to get everything finalized. 

Randy

I hear you Randy, the hat factory is amazing. It is the machines from the 30's or so and they still use them. I saw about 30 100X beaver hats floating in a big vat of water. You never would have thought that was the last thing they do to them before they get marked for shipping.

It sure made me wonder why my hats were not more expensive. Each one gets handled a few hundred times during the process.

25 days and counting.

On 9/14/2018 at 3:01 PM, Keystone, SASS # 47578 said:

Howdy,

Is there an up to date shooters list?

Keystone

Keystone, I just got an Update, we're getting close to 200 shooters so if anyone is wanting to shoot with us please send in your application soon. In the past we've filled up several times.

Randy

Reg List by shooter number (4).pdf

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:58 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Keystone, I just got an Update, we're getting close to 200 shooters so if anyone is wanting to shoot with us please send in your application soon. In the past we've filled up several times.

Randy

Reg List by shooter number (4).pdf

Check is in the mail!

On 9/15/2018 at 6:44 AM, Major J Hawk SASS#107720 said:

Major J Hawk,

We'll treat you so many different ways that you are bound to enjoy one of them! Looking forward to meeting you!

Chickamauga

19 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

It's gettin closer. 

Imis

I'm ready.

I plan to be there bright-n-early on Side Match day.   Kinda like a kid at the county fair.....I want to get in ALL the

rides, see all the pretty ladies, play all the games and eat a bunch of cotton candy before sunset..... ;)

:D

..........Widder

Lost count, 17 days and counting.

Lady T and I plan on showing up early on Tuesday at the campgrounds, get her set up on Wednesday morning and head to Mr Daniels facility on Wednesday afternoon.

See everyone there by Thursday.

All Don't Forget the Side Match is Also Tuff Enough to Wear Pink Day.    Show you Support !!   Pinkest Cowboy and Cowgirl will each win a Custom made Pinky  Cowboy.  along with a Case of AA LNLR 12 ga Shells.

I still need to finish today but here is rough Draft

IMG_1207.JPG

Drifter,

That is a very thoughtful award.

And don't forget to bring your favorite .22 lever/pump rifle for the side match speed rimfire event.

And of course, there will be the raffle for a real nice, new Widder Soft Stroke Henry .22,   the 'Golden Boy SILVER' model.

..........Widder

11 hours ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

All Don't Forget the Side Match is Also Tuff Enough to Wear Pink Day.    Show you Support !!   Pinkest Cowboy and Cowgirl will each win a Custom made Pinky  Cowboy.  along with a Case of AA LNLR 12 ga Shells.

I still need to finish today but here is rough Draft

IMG_1207.JPG

Drifter, that is very impressive, I wish I had something Pink to wear. It will be here before we know it.

Randy

On 9/24/2018 at 9:03 AM, Major J Hawk SASS#107720 said:

Is there an updated shooters list?

Major, I don't have a new list but when I talked to Papa Dave Saturday afternoon we had 213 signed up. Anyone thinking about shooting with us please get your applications in, we have filled up several times in past years.

Randy

4 hours ago, Shootin Sharyn said:

Captain Bill and I will be coming.  We'll get our apps in the mail tomorrow if it's not too late.

You're not too late to join all the fun! 

Thanks

Randy

On 9/24/2018 at 9:57 AM, Tn Tombstone said:

Lost count, 17 days and counting.

Lady T and I plan on showing up early on Tuesday at the campgrounds, get her set up on Wednesday morning and head to Mr Daniels facility on Wednesday afternoon.

See everyone there by Thursday.

If Lady T is in the same vending spot as last year, please save me the ditch right next to her like last year.

That was fun!:lol:

We plan to be there early enough to get set-up in the same place and we will stake you place. When are you getting in?

Archived