SASS Wire Forum

The Tennessee State Championship, Oct. 11-13 is rapidly approaching. We currently have 156 shooters signed up from 14 states + Canada. We have 6 more weeks till registration closes or we meet our 225 shooter max. If you're interested and haven't sent in your application I'll attach a link.

https://www.sassnet.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=25631

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/2018State/application.pdf

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.aspx

Thursday, Side Match Day, is also "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day. We'll be collecting money all weekend for The American Cancer Society, if you'd like to make a donation by check please make it out to The American Cancer Society. Last year was our best year ever and we collected $6150.00.

Along with the normal Speed and Long Range matches we'll have a Pig Iron Lane inspired "Cut The Rope" target. 

After the Side Matches end we'll have a Man on Man Shoot-Off that everyone can enter. We have the only one I'm aware of with 3 Categories, Traditional, Gunfighter, Duelist so you'll shoot against people shooting the same shooting style. It will use all knockdown targets and we calibrate them with a .22.

We also plan on some Shotgun Challenge matches, Widder and Red Knee were going at it pretty heavy last year and I expect them both to have plenty of shells again this year.

Friday after the Main Match stages we'll have a Team Match with 3 person random teams  (badges drawn out of a hat). Then Dinner on the range followed by Side Match Awards and a few door prizes, here's a picture of last years.

IMG_2392.thumb.JPG.9ea40f009362c0f5dcd131667d5dfd6e.JPG

Saturday night the Awards Banquet will again be at the Bell Buckle Cafe Banquet Hall with some Excellent food.

I hope to see you there. 

Randy

2018 STATE Application Ver1 (1).pdf

Reg List by shooter number (3).pdf

Reg List by shooter number (5) (1).pdf

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Match.

Side matches are a hoot, especially the 'challenge' type matches.    

And a new side match this year will be the Speed RIMFIRE Rifle.   

And there will also be a raffle for a NEW Henry .22 that has the 'Widder Soft Stroke' mod and Slater's trigger work.   WOW, this rifle is

slick and very nice.   I have it hidden away in my safe and hopefully, I can post a pic of it soon.

Red Knee will be traveling all the way from Oklahoma just to shoot the TN State.  

PLUS, when he gets here, he heads to Walmart to stock up on Snickers candy bars.    If you really want to make the ole boy feel welcome, 

just drop a Snickers bar in his cart.   Just don't get any chocolate on his '97's..... :D

..........Widder

PM we are looking forward to yall being here. Lets hope the Universe aligns for everybody. Now, the rest of yall get here too.

I look forward to some fierce side match competetion

Imis   going to the range tomorrow to work

1 hour ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Fast forward to '020..We'll be there, well at least if the money, travel &  whatever gods are all aligned !!

Mohawk,

During October, this part of the country is beautiful.   The fall colors are really nice and the weather is nearly perfect.   Rain or bad weather

is rarely a problem in October and the TN State is just a fantastic place to be in October.

And don't forget to save up a couple extra pennies for a meal at the Bell Buckle Cafe.    OR, you could just tell them to put it on

Randy St. Eagle's tab..... :D

..........Widder

Well Widder is right.....

I am coming back to Tennesse State this year....last year was awesome....

Now, about the snickers thing....

I dont want to instigate, infuriate, or do anything that would in any way, shape or form cause ol Widder's blood pressure to skyrocket.....but......i was in Wal-Mart today, standing at the checkout and I noticed a freshly opened box of snickers...i reached to grab a few and these were the first three i picked up.....20180820_184706.thumb.jpg.4bdbdf37911b68b0c6ecb97a9f13c5fc.jpg

When i saw those three....fumbly, fumbly, fumbly, I immediately thought of ol' Widder tryin to feed shells into his 97!!! 

At least I am 'humbly' acknowledging that i was thinkin of him, right, its the thought that counts, right?

Red Knee

"Fumbly, Fumbly, Fumbly"......  now that's funny.

Just think, every time you walk into the Walmart and see a Snicker's bar, you'll have 'Widder'  on your mind.

Every time you think about coming back to Tennessee, you'll have 'Widder' on your mind.

Every time you pick up your 97 (or even all 50 of them), you'll have 'Widder' on your mind.

And Every time you have a good SG run, you'll be thinking... 'I hope I can gain more speed cause Widder..................... ' :o

I've got a special 97 just waiting to 'scream' at the TN State.    I've named her 'Relentless'.

..........Widder

14 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Fast forward to '020..We'll be there, well at least if the money, travel &  whatever gods are all aligned !!

That will be Great! Kathouse Kelli and Jackaroo will be here this year and hopefully in 2020 as well. This year we have 2 from Canada signed up as well.

Hope to meet you in 2 years.

Randy

58 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

"Fumbly, Fumbly, Fumbly"......  now that's funny.

Just think, every time you walk into the Walmart and see a Snicker's bar, you'll have 'Widder'  on your mind.

Every time you think about coming back to Tennessee, you'll have 'Widder' on your mind.

Every time you pick up your 97 (or even all 50 of them), you'll have 'Widder' on your mind.

And Every time you have a good SG run, you'll be thinking... 'I hope I can gain more speed cause Widder..................... ' :o

I've got a special 97 just waiting to 'scream' at the TN State.    I've named her 'Relentless'.

..........Widder

Widder, I just wonder.....if'n one was to melt down one of those Fumbly bars would it be a better lube than your speshul Red Knee lube that you've been waiting to put on his 'speedracer' 97 that he uses in the speed SG sidematch? Inquiring minds want to know! B)

Kajun

Howdy Krazy.

BOTH are biodegradable and consumable.   But,  if you use ANYTHING that resembles a Snicker's bar on his 97, he'll

lick all the blueing off just trying to get all the Snicker stuff.

I think the 'speshul' lube will serve him better, especially the 'crunchy' weight..... ;)

..........Widder

Approx 6+ weeks away and I want to know WHO's bring'n the Whoop'n?

Will he/she be coming from the West, North, East or further South?

It's gonna be somebody from somewhere..... ;)

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Approx 6+ weeks away and I want to know WHO's bring'n the Whoop'n?

Will he/she be coming from the West, North, East or further South?

It's gonna be somebody from somewhere..... ;)

..........Widder

I predict the South is going to rise again!:D:P

Randy

I heard that Red Knee is still buying all the WIncherster 97's he can find until he finds a fast one..... :o

He'll be 'shotgun poor' by the time the match gets here and I will probably have to buy him a good meal at the Bell Buckle Cafe.....;)

'Breaking News'  -  Snake Oil George, from Oklahoma, put his application in the mail this week.   When ya want Octagon barrels on your

pistols, he IS DA MAN.

..........Widder

The lovely Ophelia Payne & opposite of lovely Max Payne will be in attendance. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I'm still rehabbing and I don't know if I'll get to shoot. Still to unsteady on my feet.  I'm still planning on coming down.  Might do a little vending ....

12 hours ago, Judge'm All Duncan, SASS#67320 said:

Randy St. Eagle,

When you gonna post a Who's Coming and what their shooting list.

Inquiring minds want to know.

I'll be there, Judge.

On 8/23/2018 at 8:11 PM, Max Payne said:

The lovely Ophelia Payne & opposite of lovely Max Payne will be in attendance. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

:lol:

17 hours ago, Judge'm All Duncan, SASS#67320 said:

Randy St. Eagle,

Judge, I'll have to talk to Papa Dave. The last I heard the list was sealed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls front porch. (Many may not be old enough to understand)

Randy

On 8/25/2018 at 5:44 PM, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Randy,

Do you guys have a list of local hotels for us "non-camping" types?

We're staying at the Baymont Inn in Tullahoma, there are a few there and not too far from range.

Well me and Whiskey will be there. That is Whiskey Creek. Well, yeah, Whiskey will be there too. Copperhead and Miss Bo will be too. 

10 hours ago, ironmaiden said:

Well me and Whiskey will be there. That is Whiskey Creek. Well, yeah, Whiskey will be there too. Copperhead and Miss Bo will be too. 

It's always great to see my Favorite Duelist!

Randy

On 8/24/2018 at 10:37 PM, Judge'm All Duncan, SASS#67320 said:

Randy St. Eagle,

Judge, I talked to Papa and he said he was planning on posting one Monday

Randy

On 8/29/2018 at 10:54 AM, ironmaiden said:

Well, if Tombstone and Lady T are coming too then the whole gang will be there.:lol:

I'm looking forward to it.

Hell, Hell the gangs all here. We will be there along with the rest of the Outlaws.

Archived