SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range Accommodation

Jackaroo, # 29989

Wow,,,,what else is on at the same time as Winter Range?

Accommodation rates seem to have gone through the moon.

We stayed at the Studio 6,.. 2 years ago at about $50.00 a night, this year they asking $100.00 plus ???.....and that's cheaper than most others?

At those prices it may keep us away.?

Any body got any better ideas?

Jackaroo,

Major League Baseball spring training begins about the same time as WR. We were told by a hotel manager that the greater Phoenix area's hotel room availability is more than 80% booked by the teams at that time.Fewer available rooms means higher prices for the rest of us.

Just sayin'

Choctaw Jack

Jan/February/early March is PHX high season.  As well as MLB, there's a major Indy car race, one of the first PGA golf tournaments of their season, and deep snow in the upper MidWest.

Try Air BNB - it runs me 1/3 the price of a medium quality hotel in PHX.   Jackaroo - If you want a couple of good recommendations close (less than 10 minutes) to WR, then PM me.

Good luck, GJ

13 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Wow,,,,what else is on at the same time as Winter Range?

Accommodation rates seem to have gone through the moon.

We stayed at the Studio 6,.. 2 years ago at about $50.00 a night, this year they asking $100.00 plus ???.....and that's cheaper than most others?

At those prices it may keep us away.?

Any body got any better ideas?

Sleeping bag and tent at range...Cheap...No thrills...

Texas Lizard

3 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Jan/February/early March is PHX high season.  As well as MLB, there's a major Indy car race, one of the first PGA golf tournaments of their season, and deep snow in the upper MidWest.

Try Air BNB - it runs me 1/3 the price of a medium quality hotel in PHX.   Jackaroo - If you want a couple of good recommendations close (less than 10 minutes) to WR, then PM me.

Good luck, GJ

We stayed in an Air BnB at EOT this summer and it really worked out well. I’ll bet there are some available in the Phoenix area not far from the range.

Try looking at rental home or apartment s from Air BNB, Home away and others. Many shooters find some additional SASS members and go together on a home rental to spread the cost out.

We looked and found a home to rent for five weeks during WR that is about 20 minutes from the range. Cost was less that hotels and we have the whole house to use. 

The five bedroom four bath AIR BNB condo that we stayed in in ABQ for EOT came out to about $38.00 per person per night AND we had a full kitchen that saved us a bunch on eating out. We all pitched in for a grocery run or two and we were set. Wasn’t the same as camping out at the ranch but five of us had a great time and it was a real easy commute out to the ranch. I’ll probably do the AIR BNB route every year for EOT because it sure beats dragging a trailer out there.

Yep, went Air BNB found a nice house with 2 bedrooms upstairs with bathroom, closer to the range in Northterra.

9 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Yep, went Air BNB found a nice house with 2 bedrooms upstairs with bathroom, closer to the range in Northterra.

Let us know how it works out. 

2 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

I guess you did not like the idea of the tent...

Texas Lizard

Heh, heh, couldn't find a restroom or shower nearby. LOL

Archived