SASS Wire Forum

SASS Vermont State Championships are done ...

Dead_Head

Thanks to Doc McCoy and the Verdant Mountain Vigilantes for hosting the SASS Vermont State Championships.  It is their 25th anniversary as a CAS club.

We had some great weather which was a nice change from some of the brutal hot weather this summer.  That is one thing that is nice about Northern New England ... at least you have a chance at having some cool weather.  You may not always get it, but you have a chance!  Of course you might get sleet too.  Just saying ...

Scores are at GMM Scores and the complete scores will be up tomorrow when Doc McCoy gets home and can email me them.  Some of them are up now.

Congratulations to SASS Vermont State Champions  Thirty Thirty &  Parizona Pistolera!

Top Guns Overall:

Rootin' Tootin' Tim and Crystal Creek Chris

Photos

It was a beautiful weekend.  Friday and Saturday were exceptionally nice.  Little rain on Sunday but not enough to soak us shooters, just a few sprinkles.

The stages were great.

The Friday night Pot Luck had some of the best foods a person could eat including Nutmegs Apple Crisp and of course, Jammers Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler.  If you've never had Windjammers Cobbler, you have to come shoot in New England just to try some!

Saturday nights Dinner on the range has had the same great Caterer for the run of the match.  I'm ashamed to say I don't remember their name.  It's without a doubt the best match meal I've ever had.  Great food and plenty of it

We all had a great time.

Glad so many people had a good time!  Amazing (not really) how good weather will contribute to a good shoot.   

Since Chuck asked, Rick and his sister Kathy have cooked for us since our first state match 9 years ago.  They own Everybuddy's restaurant in Lyndonville, just a few miles north of the range.  We were his first catering job when he got home from Iraq so he treats us very well!  

And the Friday night potluck is now on my permanent schedule list.

Thank you everyone!

Archived