SASS Wire Forum

New JEDI's recognized: Vermont State match

Widder, SASS #59054

Congratulations to Emma Goodcook and Chelsea Kid for being recognized as JEDI GF at the Vermont State match this weekend.

Emma is JEDI GF #262

Chelsea Kid is JEDI GF #263

Keep up the good work Pards.

..........Widder

welcome to the fire!!

25 minutes ago, Lou Graham, # 26112 said:

Congratulations Emma Woodcook Goodchuck and Kid!  We'll have some fun with this :D

Lou,

I corrected Emma's name.   I originally typed it in correct but my blame computer 'spell check' changed it and I didn't notice.

Hope you are doing well.

..........Widder

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Lou,

I corrected Emma's name.   I originally typed it in correct but my blame computer 'spell check' changed it and I didn't notice.

Hope you are doing well.

..........Widder

Thanks Widder - there's a "history" there with Emma's name and you are by no means the first to have it not come out the way you intended.

Congratulations!!  AND WELCOME!!!

Congrats! Welcome to the Jedi's!! Huge Honor. If you are on Facebook, feel free to join our Jedi Gunfighter Group (for Jedi's only).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jedigunfighters

4 minutes ago, LostVaquero said:

Not sure what a Jedi Gunfighter is but it must be something so congratulations.  Me, I am still getting use to handling two pistols at a time.

Here is the definition of a Jedi Gunfighter from the Jedi Website:

A few years back during the time that 'Badlands Bud' and 'Widowmaker Hill' were setting/resetting/re-resetting the Gunfighter World Record times, it was mentioned that "we must be Jedi's because 'The Force' was with us."

From there, the 'Jedi Gunfighter' designation was started. It originally consisted of just a couple dozen well-known, fast and/or dedicated Gunfighter's that most of us had heard of. A handful of those were designated as 'Master Jedi' due to either (or both) their proficiency with pistols in the Gunfighter style of shooting and/or their dedication into SASS and making available very good information to help other shooters, particularly Gunfighter's. This is an unofficial group and not sanctioned by SASS and is not an official SASS category.

Today, the 'Jedi Council' looks at the shooter's dedication in SASS, how active they are in club activities, how helpful during shoots, how well they understand Gunfighter guidelines/rules, etc. and of course, reasonable proficiency with their pistols as a Gunfighter. BUT, a Jedi Gunfighter does not have to be a pure Gunfighter at every match! A few Jedi's are predominately Traditional style shooters that shoot Gunfighter at special events, etc AND are VERY DEDICATED club officers, match directors, etc.

Required Criteria -

1. Must have SASS Range Officer status (ROI or ROII)
  2. Must have shot Gunfighter at least ONE year, preferably the most recent year.

General Criteria - at least one of the following, PLUS being an all-around good member of SASS/CAS:

1. have won a match shooting Gunfighter (min 5 stages)
  2. have shot a clean match shooting Gunfighter (min 5 stages)
  3. be an Ambassador, either by deed and/or attitude. Generally understands the rules in what is acceptable as a Gunfighter.
  4. ANY intangible that makes a shooter 'A Cut Above' as a Gunfighter.

59 minutes ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

Here is the definition of a Jedi Gunfighter from the Jedi Website:

A few years back during the time that 'Badlands Bud' and 'Widowmaker Hill' were setting/resetting/re-resetting the Gunfighter World Record times, it was mentioned that "we must be Jedi's because 'The Force' was with us."

From there, the 'Jedi Gunfighter' designation was started. It originally consisted of just a couple dozen well-known, fast and/or dedicated Gunfighter's that most of us had heard of. A handful of those were designated as 'Master Jedi' due to either (or both) their proficiency with pistols in the Gunfighter style of shooting and/or their dedication into SASS and making available very good information to help other shooters, particularly Gunfighter's. This is an unofficial group and not sanctioned by SASS and is not an official SASS category.

Today, the 'Jedi Council' looks at the shooter's dedication in SASS, how active they are in club activities, how helpful during shoots, how well they understand Gunfighter guidelines/rules, etc. and of course, reasonable proficiency with their pistols as a Gunfighter. BUT, a Jedi Gunfighter does not have to be a pure Gunfighter at every match! A few Jedi's are predominately Traditional style shooters that shoot Gunfighter at special events, etc AND are VERY DEDICATED club officers, match directors, etc.

Required Criteria -

1. Must have SASS Range Officer status (ROI or ROII)
  2. Must have shot Gunfighter at least ONE year, preferably the most recent year.

General Criteria - at least one of the following, PLUS being an all-around good member of SASS/CAS:

1. have won a match shooting Gunfighter (min 5 stages)
  2. have shot a clean match shooting Gunfighter (min 5 stages)
  3. be an Ambassador, either by deed and/or attitude. Generally understands the rules in what is acceptable as a Gunfighter.
  4. ANY intangible that makes a shooter 'A Cut Above' as a Gunfighter.

Thank you. Well evrn more congratulations to those being recognized. Yee Haw you great Jedi Gunfighters!!

9 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Bubba,

Thanks for posting that info.   :)

..........Widder

No problem!

I’ll second that, thanks Bubba for posting this info! That sounds like my kind of group. Is it open to whoever meets the written criteria then? 

1 minute ago, Possum Stu said:

I’ll second that, thanks Bubba for posting this info! That sounds like my kind of group. Is it open to whoever meets the written criteria then? 

Typically someone would nominate you, who think you are worthy of the recognition, without you knowing and submit the nominations to the Jedi Council for approval. The criteria listed is the guidelines the council looks at when considering new members. Once approved, then you would be presented your Jedi Pin by your sponsor. Usually presentations occur at bigger matches or at your home club.

43 minutes ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

Typically someone would nominate you, who think you are worthy of the recognition, without you knowing and submit the nominations to the Jedi Council for approval. The criteria listed is the guidelines the council looks at when considering new members. Once approved, then you would be presented your Jedi Pin by your sponsor. Usually presentations occur at bigger matches or at your home club.

Gotcha. That makes sense. 

3 hours ago, Possum Stu said:

3 hours ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

Bubba is correct.

I will also add some info:

There is no fee or annual dues.   The only cost is if you want to buy a JEDI Pin or belt buckle.   Those are handled by Korupt Karl who sells them 'at cost' plus any shipping that might incur.

We also have a website which is owned and maintained by DeadHead.   You can check that out at:

www.shootingbums.org   .......  and click on the JEDI box.

If you see a name that is high-lighted, you can click on that name and it will show you a picture of the GF.

We encourage all the JEDI to submit their pic to Deadhead, but many have not at this time.

Check mine out..... I'm the prettiest one of the bunch..... :lol::lol:

There are 3 Council members and any one of us can approve a new JEDI.

We also choose a 'JEDI GF of The YEAR each year of which 2 of us have to agree.

AND...we have MASTER JEDI's, of which ALL of the Council members have to approve.   Of the 269 JEDI GFer's presently recognized, only about 11 or 12 of them are

consider Master level.   Some of the earlier 'Masters' were from reputations as excellent GF'ers and some carried some impressive credentials like Winter Range GF champ or EOT GF Champ.

Of the last few years, those recognized as 'Master' carried some impressive credentials such as longevity, club officers, 'Black Pin', TG, Regulator, etc.....

I must admit that its a handful keeping up with the resumes and recommendations that I receive.   

And Deadhead does a GREAT job with our website.

All in all, its a good little group to belong because basically, we have shown support for SASS and CAS beyond just showing up and shooting a match in the GF category.

Have a great day.

..........Widder

Congrats on becoming Jedi Gunfighter's,  all i know who carry this distinction are top pards and ambassadors of this sport.  Hey Widder is there anyway we could see a list of  who the master jedi's are?

1 hour ago, Deadshot Dan said:

Congrats on becoming Jedi Gunfighter's,  all i know who carry this distinction are top pards and ambassadors of this sport.  Hey Widder is there anyway we could see a list of  who the master jedi's are?

Howdy Dan.

YES, the 'Master Jedi's are noted as such on our website:   shootingbums.org

..........Widder

Congratulations Emma Goodcook & Chelsea Kid becoming Jedi's. It was a pleasure to be with you at the Green Mountain Mayhem and see you get your pins! Congrats once again.

Eyesa & Ellie

Seems my reply from a week ago disappeared!

I was there to share in the moment of these fine folks receiving their pins. Way Cool. Emma & Chelsea sure deserve it.

Archived