SASS Wire Forum

What is It?

What is it that attracts people, who get het up about gun shots on a range, that forces them to buy a house or property close to an existing, long established range?

Then start whining and complaining about the noise?

Are they activists with lots of money?

Morons?

Someone who wants to increase the value of the property by driving out the range?

They are related to the one's who buy at the end of an airport runway and then bitch about the noise! Dang, never expected planes to actually use it!

I am convinced that they have a special gene that makes them have a desire to defy the status quo. It also makes them completely self absorbed and self entitled. They are not happy unless everyone around them is miserable. There are many terms for this problem but I prefer the term "SCUM".

We have a situation developing of Citidiots moving to the country, into a hunting area teeming with wildlife.

They started complaining about hunting in the area, which has now morphed into an attempt to ban shooting in the area, in spite of the fact the range has been there for 25+ years and is located in a reserved forest area.

Not unusual. Sometime back when there was the development boom up northwest of Columbus, Ohio, there was a development that went in next to a farm (a sheep farm as I recall) that had been there since before the turn of the last century. Homeowners immediately set about trying to get the sheep farm removed due to the odor and noise.

Of the three choices you listed, I vote for moron.

What bothers me is the way the media plays to the morons.

Do they identify with them?

4 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

What bothers me is the way the media plays to the morons.

Do they identify with them?

In the words of Rocky in the movie of the same name, “ABSOLUTELY”!!!

I guess that explains the quality of writing and "Reporting(?)" we are seeing.

Too bad these "Reporters" seem to want to be "Editorialists" or "Social Engineers" and "Policy Shapers" instead of just reporting what actually happened.

I guess they figure we're too stupid to think for ourselves. 

But sometimes we surprise them.

The old saying they would do well to remember:

"You can fool some people some of the time.

You can fool some people all the time.

But you can't fool all the people, all the time."

Archived