SASS Wire Forum

2019 Nebraska State Championship Entries Now Open

StirrupTrouble

The Platte Valley Gunslingers are excited to announce that we have been selected to host both the 2019 Nebraska State SASS Championship and the 2019 Nebraska State SASS Blackpowder Championship at Heartland Public Shooting Park outside of Grand Island, Nebraska. We look forward to hosting friends from across the region once again.

Dates for the matches are as follows:

Nebraska State SASS Championship, Showdown on the Prairie: 11-13 April 2019

Nebraska State SASS Blackpowder Championship, Smoke on the Prairie: 14 April 2019

Tentative Schedule of Events:

April 11, 1-5pm: Warmup Stages and Long Range Events
April 12, 8am: Main Match Shooter Meeting
April 12, 8:30am: Shoot 6 Main Match Stages
April 12 After Shooting-5pm: Side Matches
April 12, 5:30pm: Potluck and Movie Night/Poker Tournament with Prizes
April 13, 8:30am: Shoot 6 Main Match Stages
April 13, 5:30pm: Banquet at Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer with all Main Match Awards
April 14, 8:00am: Blackpowder Match Shooter Safety Meeting
April 14, 8:30am: Shoot 7 Blackpowder Stages with Awards to Follow

Youth receive a $10 discount for each match.

Shooters who shoot both matches will receive a $10 discount.

All SASS Categories will be recognized at both matches, although blackpowder must be used in the blackpowder championship.

Main match limited to 200 shooters

Blackpowder match limited to 100 shooters

Entries can be found here:

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2019EntryFormFinal.pdf

If you are camping, we have plenty of dry camping space available but our hookup spots are down to eight as of right now (water/electric). If you want hookups, I would advise calling the park during their normal business hours at 308-385-5048 to reserve a slot. They usually go quickly.

More info available on the club website and Facebook page, and we are working on adding a few extras to be announced later. We are already getting door prize promises, and Hornady has signed on as match sponsor with a promised donation of $1500+ in product. We look forward to hosting you. Please let me know if you have any questions

We are down to 5 slots with hookups for camping not spoken for at the park. We have an alternative location at the state fair grounds, but if you want to camp at the park with hookups, I would recommending calling to reserve at 308-385-5048 and ask for Steven

If you want to dry camp instead, no worries. We have tons of room for that with 420 acres on the property

2 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Ummm no blizzard for me please :P

Nope gonna be a normal April this year

We just received word that once again, Hats by Grizz is donating a gift certificate for a hand made custom cowboy hat to one shooter. Good luck, and you will not be disappointed. Love my Grizz hat.

For those that are coming out to attend the 2019 Nebraska State SASS Championship, if you are looking for hotel accommodations, we now have a host hotel. Boarders Inn and Suites is offering a special rate for our shooters, and in addition, will be donating a portion of every shooters' room fees back to the park as a donation to allow us to continue to expand the shooting sports here in Central Nebraska. For more info, or to book a room, call 308-384-5150 and ask for Pam. Be sure to say that you are coming out for the cowboy shoot to get the best rate. This hotel is also very near the banquet facility

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've heard mutterings around the camp fire that the hardworking folks with the Platte Valley Gunslingers are already hard at work getting things ready for this match, even though it's months away.  New props are being built, older ones refurbished, and all sorts of other stuff!

Get your entries in folks, this is gonna be an awesome match!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

YeeHaw, I'm already excited about this match!  How is Flatwater Monte coming along with the building projects?

Giddy up go people!   Get those entries in!  C'mon, you know you wanna!

Ol' Stirrup and the Platte Valley Gunslingers put of a first class match!

Who's with me?

10 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

I sure hope to make the match!

What? You still planning on being in Arizona by then?

;)

Just now, Major Art Tillery said:

Ya never know, I may like it so much I just stay.. :lol:

Dawg would hafta write all the stages at Butterfield if'n you stayed out west. He might not cotton to that notion.  He might jess come find you and bring with him some whompstomp to you, you being a young whippersnapper and all. :P

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

We'll be there and hell's comin' with us!

MG & CJ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The latest who's coming list is on the website. We now have shooters registered from ten states. Thanks to all that are coming

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2019-nebraska-state-championship-whos-coming/

• 2 weeks later...

Only about 5 weeks away now!

Get those entries in folks!

And it would probably be wise to message Stirrup and let him know that you are coming so that he can make sure to have awards and banquet details finalized.

If you are coming and have not sent in your form yet, please PM me which match(es) you are signing up for, what category, and how many banquet tickets you need. Thanks!

Archived