Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

ELDORADO Battle of the States?


Shooting Bull

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

 

 

Let's do it by weight.  You and I alone would guarantee a Nevada victory. :D

Lets not - seems unfair to the rest of the states.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay - After extensive thought, consideration and debate.

Here are the ground rules for Battle of the States Eldorado 2018.

 

We are going to lower the required number of shooters SLIGHTLY to allow more states the opportunity to play.

Any state with eight or more shooters will be eligible for the award.

 

Each state with eight or more shooters will be required to put forth a team captain.

This Captain will, TWO WEEKS prior to Eldorado, receive a list of ALL shooters attending from their state.

The Captain will CHOOSE the EIGHT shooters that will be scored out for the purposes of the Battle of the States.

Prior to the first Main Match shot going downrange; the Captain will provide this list to Eldorado officials.

 

These will be the ONLY scores used in compiling the results.

After the list is submitted - regardless of outcome - these EIGHT shooters represent the given state and their eight scores will be used in compiling the group score.

State score will be determined by simple addition of all eight scores together to achieve a total.

Lowest state score WINS.

 

The element of choosing shooters adds a strategy taking into consideration every element of who gives your state the best chance to win.

Super fast...  But might they crash and burn?

Super consistent...   But will they be fast enough?

Is there an up and coming shooter...   Do you risk them over another?

 

We hope you enjoy the return of the Eldorado Battle of the States.

 

We will begin accepting volunteers for State captains immediately.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo-De-O Creeker. Great job and sound's  a-ok. Proud of you pilgrim.

 

JRJ

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

It would be an honor to be the Captain for the ARIZONA TEAM. 

 

An honor?  You do realize Gawd Awful will probably be on your team, don't you?  Seems a rather dubious honor. :blink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

 

An honor?  You do realize Gawd Awful will probably be on your team, don't you?  Seems a rather dubious honor. :blink:

I'm going to really shake up the list of shooters if I'm the captain. There will be women, children and a soot Lord or 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh and I  2nd that Huckeberry motion Creeker & proud to have him do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

It would be an honor to be the Captain for the ARIZONA TEAM. 

We have our first state Captain.  

Arizona will be helmed by Hells Comin'

Whos next to step up and take the reins for their state?

 

California, Nevada are already qualified with enough shooters 

Utah, Oregon are only needing a couple more to meet the counts.

 

Come on, let's make it a race with a number of great states and shooters playing.

 

Lead your state to victory.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll drive the Stage coach for Nevada if you need someone.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

I'm going to really shake up the list of shooters if I'm the captain. There will be women, children and a soot Lord or 2.

Just make sure your choices are made with the best chance of winning in mind.

Diversity or not is solely the decision of the team captain.

And I did not mention this; but to avoid hard feelings about who was picked (or not picked) and to avoid second guessing after the fact...

And to avoid any undue pressure upon any specific shooters; all choices by the State Captain (unless disclosed by them) will be and will remain confidential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

I'll drive the Stage coach for Nevada if you need someone.

 

There you go.

Nevada will be led by Ace of Hearts.

Thank you, Ace.

 

Still waiting for a Cali volunteer.

And for a few other states to fill out their rosters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, another thing.

While I'm assuming that Hells Comin' and Ace of Hearts will be among their states representative shooters...

 

There is no requirement that the Captain is one of the counted shooters.

 

Their sole required duty is to pick the eight shooters they feel give their state the best chance for success.

 

Play the game well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Just make sure your choices are made with the best chance of winning in mind.

Diversity or not is solely the decision of the team captain.

And I did not mention this; but to avoid hard feelings about who was picked (or not picked) and to avoid second guessing after the fact...

And to avoid any undue pressure upon any specific shooters; all choices by the State Captain (unless disclosed by them) will be and will remain confidential.

Don't forget to have fun!! :mellow:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a feeling Hell is Comin to Nevada!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

I don't see your name (s) on the who's comin list.

And the names have to be picked two weeks before the shoot.

Late entries are not an option! :)

 

Ifin I understand the rules fer this posse!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

And the names have to be picked two weeks before the shoot.

Late entries are not an option! :)

 

Ifin I understand the rules fer this posse!

 

 

They may not be on Arizona's

list ! Then again who knows!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

They may not be on Arizona's

list ! Then again who knows!

You are limited to only using shooters from your state. 

Thought that one was a given.

Or hmmmmm...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hells Comin said:

I was talking about Kurt James and Cody James.

Ahh, you were being pre-emptive.

 

I thought you might be doing some insider trading and I was trying to figure out how Matt Black and Deuce Stevens were somehow from Arizona all of a sudden.

:blink:

I'm only making a joke and I apologise to Matt and Deuce who (as of right now) are not even attending Eldorado this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

I was talking about Kurt James and Cody James.

Hey MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

He's cheatin.................... !:angry:

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 questions, so that we all know the rules, 

 

1 is the team captain allowed an alternate in case one of there listed shooters has a last minute emergency BEFORE the first shots of the main match

 

2 how will a DNF be scored? 

 

If we all know the rules, we can’t argue about them after the fact (well we can, but it will be useless)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gawd Awful said:

2 questions, so that we all know the rules, 

 

1 is the team captain allowed an alternate in case one of there listed shooters has a last minute emergency BEFORE the first shots of the main match

I am open to an Eight designated plus one alternate format to protect the state from an extreme last minute no show or issue.  But once your eight designated shooters have sent their first round downrange...

You got what you got and you live with the results.

4 hours ago, Gawd Awful said:

2 how will a DNF be scored? 

 

If we all know the rules, we can’t argue about them after the fact (well we can, but it will be useless)

DNFs will be scored on an individual stage by stage basis.

Any stage a shooter does not finish will be scored out as the number of available misses PLUS 30 seconds.

 

Multiple stage DNF do not collect any ADDITIONAL penalties beyond the above described miss/ time penalty by stage.

 

Choose your horses well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have notified Charming by phone and the check will be in the mail tomorrow for the both of us, if one or both of us make the cut.  My feeling will not be hurt since last year I had 3 p's and I don't know how many misses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PS.  I am in the basement dry firing.  Please, please please. and Cody is not!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kirk James said:

PS.  I am in the basement dry firing.  Please, please please. and Cody is not!!!!!!

 

I’m doing the usual amount of dry fire, but working on getting my “mental game” back. :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gawd Awful said:

 

I’m doing the usual amount of dry fire, but working on getting my “mental game” back. :ph34r:

Get your mental back! Lol

U've always been Mental :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Get your mental back! Lol

U've always been Mental :D

 

Hey I resemble that remark 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.