SASS Wire Forum

ELDORADO Battle of the States?

Shooting Bull

Still awaiting a California shooter to volunteer as Captain and inspire their team to victory.

Like I mentioned; team Captain is not required to be amongst the representative shooters.

Their only duty is to submit the names of the shooters whom they feel will give their state the best chance at victory.

So give out a shout and step up to choose your states gladiators in the Battle of the States arena.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Still awaiting a California shooter to volunteer as Captain and inspire their team to victory.

Like I mentioned; team Captain is not required to be amongst the representative shooters.

Their only duty is to submit the names of the shooters whom they feel will give their state the best chance at victory.

So give out a shout and step up to choose your states gladiators in the Battle of the States arena.

If no one else steps up, can I be the California captain.  :lol:

The rules for Battle of the States have been posted on the Eldorado Website - along with a new Whos' Coming list.

www.eldoradocowboys.com

Take a look at who is from where and if your state just needs a couple more shooters to qualify;  go talk to your fellow shooters and make sure your state has a shot..

Still looking for a Team Captain from California.

If we went with 5 we could pick up 3 more states.  Just saying.  And no participation awards!!!!!

On 8/11/2018 at 1:57 PM, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Team Captain from California.

If no one else steps up, and since you won’t accept me (spoil sport) can I nominate Jenn? 

On 8/12/2018 at 7:02 PM, Hells Comin said:

I know what the problem is on getting a captain from California. ITS that they probably have a REAL life and aren't on this  site or read this post.

That's a distinct possibility.

I had a real life once...  Once

I see Descanso is registered from Idaho but he hasn’t been gone from Kalifornia that long so are there residency requirements to be met? He could be a ringer for Kalifornia and bring home the trophy since there aren’t enough Idahoans to field a team, with or without him. I’m thinking about coming up for the match but after my performance at the Western Regional Kalifornia won’t let me be a team member, it was that bad.

9 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I see Descanso is registered from Idaho but he hasn’t been gone from Kalifornia that long so are there residency requirements to be met? He could be a ringer for Kalifornia and bring home the trophy since there aren’t enough Idahoans to field a team, with or without him. I’m thinking about coming up for the match but after my performance at the Western Regional Kalifornia won’t let me be a team member, it was that bad.

You bring me one of those GORGEOUS gun carts of yours and I'll make sure you get selected for the team. ;)

3 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

You bring me one of those GORGEOUS gun carts of yours and I'll make sure you get selected for the team. ;)

If you make it in Birdseye Maple he will sacrifice most anything. 

1 hour ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

If you make it in Birdseye Maple he will sacrifice most anything. 

It ain’t Birdseye Maple but I came into a stash of Fiddleback Maple that I’ll turn into a gun cart this winter. I’m thinking a fiddleback carcass, chest and carriage and Australian Lacewood tambour door.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:05 PM, Yul Lose said:

It ain’t Birdseye Maple but I came into a stash of Fiddleback Maple that I’ll turn into a gun cart this winter. I’m thinking a fiddleback carcass, chest and carriage and Australian Lacewood tambour door.

I love maple of any kind. My absolute favorite of all the hardwoods. I’m trying to get Ace of Hearts to make me some rifle and shotgun stocks out of it but he keeps whining about it being too heavy to work with. :P

(Just kidding about Ace whining, of course ;) )

Battle of the States continues.

Still need a California Captain.

And now we need a Captain from the great state of Utah as they have passed the required shooter threshold.

And we only need three more from Texas and Oregon to add them to the festivities.

Looking forward to seeing the outcome of our new format and team choices.

3 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

And now we need a Captain from the great state of Utah as they have passed the required shooter threshold.

I volunteer J.T. Wild to be the Utah captain.  And I further volunteer that as their captain he's ineligible to be a scoring member of their team. :P

11 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

OK

I have the Great State of Arizona's list ready. 

Get ready to Rumble :FlagAm:

One should not boast of Victory until the battle is over!

We have secrets in Area 51........ AND....... Maybe a left over secret weapon or two.

Creeker,

Why don’t you reach out to Sinful, he helps run the Western Regional. I understand he wants to shoot on the Prescott posse, that doesn’t change the fact that he’s from the people’s republic of Kalifonia:D

TB

1 hour ago, Hells Comin said:

That's it I expected a lot more are u not feeling well?

Oh I feel great.  But you pretty much hit the nail on the head so there's not much I can say. :lol:  (Besides, I'm sure Gawd Awful or Lumpy Grits will be along shortly to contribute their two cents. :blink: )

4 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Oh I feel great.  But you pretty much hit the nail on the head so there's not much I can say. :lol:  (Besides, I'm sure Gawd Awful or Lumpy Grits will be along shortly to contribute their two cents. :blink: )

Even i wont take a shot that easy.  Besides its no fun to kick a man after he falls down :P

Archived