SASS Wire Forum

Canada Toronto Danforth

and interesting article on Canada Free Press regarding the Danforth Shooter

Was The Danforth Shooter a Member of a Toronto-based Radical Islamic Terrorist Cell?

Excerpt

We have also learned that a search of Hussain’s apartment indicates that another firearm was discovered together with an extensive amount of ammunition.

CBC has suggested that Hussain obtained these illegal firearms from his brother who was known to the police as being a member of a gang and a known drug dealer. But his brother has been in a coma for over a year, so that simple explanation is questionable.

We know Hussain had little money, as he worked part-time at Loblaw’s- probably at minimum wage.

At the age of 29 he still lived with his parents in a modest apartment.

So how Hussain could afford these illegal guns and very expensive ammunition?

also

Policemen on the scene and other gun enthusiasts have all concluded that your average cop with ten years of gun training could not match Hussain’s shooting ability.

The Old Sage teaches "you go to war with the Army you have not the one you are planning".   And so it goes with these "active shooters":  we don't have 5 minutes to stop the shooting.

At the same time CPL holders will also need response training.   In a situation you wouldn't want a dozen or more citizens to all shuck iron and start shooting.  This could rapidly degenerate into what Artilery Guys like to call a "vulgar brawl".

I know I don't have the answers but what seems clear to me is that situational training is going to be a key.

Archived