SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun boogie rifle kits

evil dogooder

To those who have them how do you like them?  My rifle is plum wore out and I'm weighing options on what to do

2 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

Possibility #1:  It's a typo and you meant rifle kits

Possibility #2:  Somebody needs to school me on rifle hits

Fixed that for you. 

I've been talking to coyote cap and he loves his.  Phantom how long of a wait did you have for your rifle? I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet

1 minute ago, evil dogooder said:

I've been talking to coyote cap and he loves his.  Phantom how long of a wait did you have for your rifle? I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet

His times fluctuate. I've had mine for a while and can't remember how long it took.

Ordered mine at WR, received it around June 18th.  Out of 15 or so 73s, it's the smoothest. The coil spring hammer makes the difference.  FYI labor was only $300, the rest of cost is in the parts and cost of rifle.

He replaced the bolt, welded up the lifter and set the timing on my '73 in a couple of days at EOT. He would have done it faster but I had already decided to shoot my backup rifle before I got there and told him to put all guns folks needed for the shoot ahead of mine.

It works great, and wouldn't hesitate to have him work on other guns for me.

Randy

From what I have heard his total rebuild is about the cost of a new rifle, $1400 + or - ?

Yes they are excellent.

I would recommend just having him install them.  Especially if your gun is "plum worn out."  You probably should just let him repair and overhaul the rifle with whatever it needs because if it has feed issues also those need to be addressed at the same time.  Not much point in buying the high end parts if other issues end up keeping the gun from working right.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived