SASS Wire Forum

"Everybody Drives Slow With A Cop Car Behind 'em"

Subdeacon Joe

I always cracked up at people, I would go 55 in a 55 zone in my marked car and folks would pass me like I was sitting still. Now if I went 54 in that same 55 zone, no one would pass me. Go figure.

I get up to the max Legal speed and set the Cruze control and let her go ,,,,, never touch the brake when I see Coppers .....

Steady and Legal beats all other forms of driving, turtles the truck will clear them ,,, just pass over them ....

No reason fer braking ...

Jabez Cowboy

It's fun to have an old police car as your personal vehicle.  People do some funny stuff.  My favorite was the guy who happened to be getting off on the same exit as me, so he just kept pulling over to the shoulder and i saw his hand slide up and grab his seatbelt. 

16 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

It's fun to have an old police car as your personal vehicle.  People do some funny stuff.  My favorite was the guy who happened to be getting off on the same exit as me, so he just kept pulling over to the shoulder and i saw his hand slide up and grab his seatbelt. 

I have had 2 friends that had vehicles that looked like police vehicles. One had a California Highway Patrol car. The other had an old police motorcycle. Both thought that by driving these vehicles people would get out of their way in the fast lanes on the freeways. What they found out is everyone slowed down in front of them. That really ticked them off.

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas.

The thing that really makes me mad is when these idiots today see a police vehicle cruising on the freeway, they’ll slow down to some ridiculous speed when the speed limit is 70 mph. 

THE SPEED LIMIT IS 70 MPH!!!  WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO GO 50???

9 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

The thing that really makes me mad is when these idiots today see a police vehicle cruising on the freeway, they’ll slow down to some ridiculous speed when the speed limit is 70 mph. 

THE SPEED LIMIT IS 70 MPH!!!  WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO GO 50???

Those are the one's I looked for. One person had something like 36 parking warrants, bad check warrant, and failure to pay child support. When I called warrant services and they saw all the warrants I was informed just to send the culprit to jail and the info would be sent up there instead of me writing all the reports. It would have taken something like 3 hours to go over the info on the phone. I pulled over and the person tried to pull over behind me and realized she was being stupid, so she passed me and pulled into the gas station up to a pump. Like I wouldn't tow her vehicle off or something like that since it was on private property. A blond:rolleyes:

20 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have had 2 friends that had vehicles that looked like police vehicles. One had a California Highway Patrol car. The other had an old police motorcycle. Both thought that by driving these vehicles people would get out of their way in the fast lanes on the freeways. What they found out is everyone slowed down in front of them. That really ticked them off.

I got that too.  But if you ride their bumper, they get out of the way.  In that respect, the copcar works as well as a big truck.  Only thing that worried me was how people would constantly swerve my direction as I passed them.  Obviously they were looking to see if I was a real cop, and the hand tends to move the steering wheel the direction you're looking.  Always used to scare my wife when she was driving.  I never cared.  Go ahead, hit it.  You'll just buy me a newer one. 

When I was stationed in Indiana a friend was a Reserve County Deputy.  One day when we met for lunch he told me about the speeding ticket he wrote. 

He is going down the interstate at the speed limit. Because most people there drive 5 to 10 over he soon had a few cars stacked up behind him.  Suddenly one car pulls into the passing lane and passes him. Her turns on the lights and pulls her over. 

Curiosity was killing him so he asked her why she passed what was obviously a police car.  She replied that he was obstructing traffic by going so slow and that she wanted to get his car # and report him.  When he replied that he was driving the speed limit she flatly stated that no one drives the speed limit and if he couldn't go with the flow he should stay off the road.

Yes she got a ticket.

I once tried to get out of a speeding ticket by excitedly explaining that I was being chased by Godzilla, that one of my "friends" glued the gas petal, that I was late for an interview for the best job EVER and if I didn't get home in time for dinner my mother was going throw mine out to the pigs.

He then asked if any of those had ever worked before.

I said, "I don't know officer, but you haven't written that ticket yet."

Was going through a no passing 45mph work zone with workers present when this gal passed me going 78mph. When we cleared the work zone I stopped her. I asked her why she would drive that fast and pass a cop car and she said that she did not see me. At the time she and I were the only two vehicles in the work zone. I got her autograph. :o

Archived