SASS Wire Forum

EOT TG Meeting

Barry Sloe

Does anyone know the outcome/topics of the TG meeting?  If it was on here earlier,  I missed it. 

Thanks,

Barry Sloe

I asked that on the TG forum and no minutes have shown up. No decisions were made.

I heard most time was spent on the SASS Default position. A short time was spent on the DNF for breaking one's glassed and being unable to finish. I heard that most folks thought it was too harsh.

quite a bit of time was spent on reshoots, and shooters running into the TO on purpose...  and TO interference and whether penalties should carry forward the the shooter earned before the interference    

40 minutes ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

quite a bit of time was spent on reshoots, and shooters running into the TO on purpose...  and TO interference and whether penalties should carry forward the the shooter earned before the interference    

Those were the unimportant things really. 

There were 3 matters that cam up after all that above discussion and that was

1) Empty hulls in shotguns, and spent cases in rifles, should the MSV rule go away?

2) Spent shells in pistols,..should the penalty be reduced from the harsh SDQ to a MSV.

3) Leaving the loading table with a cocked hammer on a long gun? Should the solution be....if cocked at the staging position, RO to instruct shooter to point down range and pull trigger. If click,... No call ..carry on with stage. If bang SDQ ..unloading table!

I thought there was a 4th issue but cannot recall, could be wrong. 

All 3 to be referred to ROC.

• Away ya go.:D

37 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hey Jack,

Is there some correction needed here, "2) Spent shells in pistols,..should the penalty be reduced from the harsh SDQ to a MSV"

Regards,

Allie

He is talking about when you get to the loading table with emptys in your pistol. There are some people who would like that penalty changed from a SDQ  to a MSV.

47 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hey Jack,

Is there some correction needed here, "2) Spent shells in pistols,..should the penalty be reduced from the harsh SDQ to a MSV"

Regards,

Allie

No, Sidekick has it.

In fact it's a SDQ if you go back to your gun cart and release your long guns without having cleared your pistols??? 

On 7/15/2018 at 11:07 PM, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Those were the unimportant things really. 

There were 3 matters that cam up after all that above discussion and that was

1) Empty hulls in shotguns, and spent cases in rifles, should the MSV rule go away?

2) Spent shells in pistols,..should the penalty be reduced from the harsh SDQ to a MSV.

3) Leaving the loading table with a cocked hammer on a long gun? Should the solution be....if cocked at the staging position, RO to instruct shooter to point down range and pull trigger. If click,... No call ..carry on with stage. If bang SDQ ..unloading table!

I thought there was a 4th issue but cannot recall, could be wrong. 

All 3 to be referred to ROC.

• Away ya go.:D

J,

Glad you mentioned #1, hulls in shotgun.  I was thinking perhaps I  dreamed that this was discussed, and I believe, tabled to ROC.  HOWEVER, minutes I read seem to skip over that subject.  Posture of default was more important I guess.

bb

Yes it was mentioned however those minutes seem to have omitted that. Get on to em B.B. We've just touched down back in Aussie for a while.

4 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Yes it was mentioned however those minutes seem to have omitted that. Get on to em B.B. We've just touched down back in Aussie for a while.

So can I take over the gun cart business while yer gone?

10 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

J,

Glad you mentioned #1, hulls in shotgun.  I was thinking perhaps I  dreamed that this was discussed, and I believe, tabled to ROC.  HOWEVER, minutes I read seem to skip over that subject.  Posture of default was more important I guess.

bb

The issue is on the ROC's table for discussion, as are the other items listed in the minutes.

Archived