SASS Wire Forum

Philadelphia Federal Gazette on the second amendment 1787

Charlie T Waite

TO KEEP AND BEAR THEIR PRIVATE ARMS: THE ADOPTION OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT, 1787-1791

Note the very 1st paragraph

On the subject of arms, the federalists promised that the people, far from ever being disarmed, would be sufficiently armed to check an oppressive standing army. The anti-federalists feared that the body or the people as militia would be overpowered by a select militia of standing army unless there was a specific recognition of the individual right to keep and bear arms.

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

That's powerful stuff!

united-states-flag.gif

Yep.  Sent to our US Senators, my member of the House (who heads the "Gun Violence Prevention Taskforce (or whatever it is)"  and my members of the CA Legislature. 

For what little good it will do.  This is the attitude of most of them in Sacramento:

Yup.  And they're proud of it.

I see where the D party decided to endorse Deleon.  In addition to their other stellar qualities, they're loyal bunch, ain't they?  

I remember calling his office when he was in the Assembly and being told that he did not take opinions from people outside his district.  Interesting... since he's so blasted eager to pass horrid laws affecting people outside his district.  <_<

However, may still have to hold my nose and toss my vote his way just to mess with DF.

Either way, we're hosed as far as Senate representation goes.  :(

Archived