SASS Wire Forum

Question about decorating Ammo box

357wheelgunner

I am building a new ammo box for my cart and am wondering if I could stencil it , like the old ones were, with some script identifying content - see picture- or perhaps the classic pony express rider? I know that the Winchester script is probably out because it might infer "advertising" for a manufacturer (though we all pretty much use Winchester or copies thereof anyway).

Anyway what say the powers that be?

s-l1600.jpg

6350_3.png

I see a lot of gun carts with the Winchester logo on them and lots of others like Colt, Ruger, etc.. I doubt anyone would have a problem with any of that type of stuff on a gun cart, after all you’re not wearing it up to the line.

Go for it.  Not a problem.  Some boxes are being built as reproductions of 19th century ammunition crates already.  Yours won't be any more "infringing"

Good luck, GJ

46 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I just haven't been able to find a really good Transfer of Ann Margaret :wub:

Dang haven't thought of that! Sweetest girl ever. I could see this on my gun cart:

ann_margret_stagecoach_BNdWAmA.sized.jpg

16 hours ago, 357wheelgunner said:

I am building a new ammo box for my cart and am wondering if I could stencil it , like the old ones were, with some script identifying content - see picture- or perhaps the classic pony express rider? I know that the Winchester script is probably out because it might infer "advertising" for a manufacturer (though we all pretty much use Winchester or copies thereof anyway).

Anyway what say the powers that be?

s-l1600.jpg

6350_3.png

A decal, transfer or stencil could only be construed as an advertisement if you are selling a product.

A nostalgic stencil is just that. A nostalgic stencil. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

A decal, transfer or stencil could only be construed as an advertisement if you are selling a product.

A nostalgic stencil is just that. A nostalgic stencil. 

In addition to what Pat said I think the advertisement prohibition applies only to costuming. I’m not aware of any such restriction being placed on gun carts. 

7 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

In addition to what Pat said I think the advertisement prohibition applies only to costuming. I’m not aware of any such restriction being placed on gun carts. 

Howdy

That is correct. The no advertising on costumes comes from the fact that some Designer Jeans used to have big labels on the butt declaring what brand was covering your butt.

A lot of the clothes we buy have discreet labels naming the maker, and that is not a problem.

But you can advertise anything you want on your cart.

cart02.jpg

6 hours ago, Lead Friend, SASS #53635 said:

I prefer the vintage look of the stencil myself, followed by Ann-Margret, followed by that Winchester logo.

Yes, I do to! Going to take a bit of fine work with an X-acto knife to reproduce that one!

Here’s a rendition of one logo on one of my gun carts.

1E5D3CBB-2F3D-46B3-A24B-E531DD9D1892.jpeg

Archived