SASS Wire Forum

Racist and sexist

Red Cent

I don't even know what youse guys are talkin' about!! :rolleyes: <_<

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:57 AM, Red Cent said:

" "The world needs more cowboys," the University of Wyoming says in a new marketing slogan."

"The slogan has drawn backlash from critics, including faculty members and Native American groups, who call the catchphrase sexist, racist and counterproductive to university recruitment -- because it excludes women and people of color, Reuters reported."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/12/university-wyomings-cowboy-slogan-rustles-up-some-controversy.html

Contrary to what liberals have to say, there were a lot of black cowboys.  Who says a cowboy has to be white?  I think the faculty, and other groups are out to do what they do best.  Ruin America.  Sex had nothing to do with being a cowboy.  A lot of women owned ranches and worked them.  I guess the faculty in Wyoming has forgotten their history.  I would be glad to give them a history lesson as my family roots go all of the way back before the civil war in Wyoming.  My great grandmother worked on a ranch, herded cattle, and so on.  Unlike the current Hollywood productions of the American cowboy, he did not wear a gun all of the time, was had blue collar worker who sent hours in the saddle, did not shoot Indians once a day, and worked hard.  Racist?  Oh really, the normal liberal fallback when they don't like something.  It is always  one of the three; racist, homophobic, or sexist. 

Archived