SASS Wire Forum

Racist and sexist

Red Cent

" "The world needs more cowboys," the University of Wyoming says in a new marketing slogan."

"The slogan has drawn backlash from critics, including faculty members and Native American groups, who call the catchphrase sexist, racist and counterproductive to university recruitment -- because it excludes women and people of color, Reuters reported."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/12/university-wyomings-cowboy-slogan-rustles-up-some-controversy.html

The world does need more cowboys, by God.

The world needs a lot fewer people who live to be offended by any damn little thing.

The offended people, only living to be offended, do not understand reality or history. The history of the dirtiest and lowest paid profession that you generally did if you could not find other work was that just as many minorities chased cows for a living as poor white boys did. Hollywood has redefined in many ways WHO cowboys were. 

Early trail drives certainly had their problems while driving cattle through Indian country but many times peaceful solutions were found involving trading, not running gun battles where Indians were slaughtered and the cowboys looked heroic saving cattle that did not even belong to them. That's a creation of Hollywood, not reality. If the offended parties involved here really want to be offended maybe they should look at what the US government did and did not do for the American Indian. Not the profession of cowboying, the US government. Oh yeah, the same US government that today is funding their little social studies with government grants,  providing affirmative action, paying welfare entitlements...

Oh hell. Nevermind.

Some literery group removed Laura Ingles Wilder's name from an award because some of her writings in the 1930's were not complementary of native Americans.  Laura Ingles Wilder wrote the books that Little House on the Prairie was based on.

If people spent as much time looking for common ground as they did looking for ways to be offended, this country might be in a much better place.

Saw this and posted it as well.

I am sick of this mental cancer that has infested our country. It’s not only in education it is in all public agencies as well.

It’s almost like the infiltration of Communism or Naziism in the way it is spread throughout these public venues.

I was recently told that I had better not voice my opinion of the agency where I work using tax dollars to buy tee shirts and outfit buses for a “pride” event lest I be fired. I looked this Director right in the eye and said “So, your are a Political Officer now?” 

He said “What do you mean?”

I said “In the USSR they had Political Officers in all military commands and in every public agency and office to ensure the political line is towed and everyone maintains their brainwashing. Just as the Nazis had their S.S.”

He got red in the face but didn’t say a word.

7 minutes ago, Clay Mosby said:

The stupidity is strong in them!!!  This sort of thing is becoming mainstream. And their newest label for conservatives? "Untrained dogs!" :angry:

BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

:D

3 hours ago, Clay Mosby said:

The stupidity is strong in them!!!  This sort of thing is becoming mainstream. And their newest label for conservatives? "Untrained dogs!" :angry:

You know, after a bit of reflection I think I like that title!

27 minutes ago, Noz said:

You know, after a bit of reflection I think I like that title!

Deplorable, Untrained Dogs.

6 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Some literery group removed Laura Ingles Wilder's name from an award because some of her writings in the 1930's were not complementary of native Americans.  Laura Ingles Wilder wrote the books that Little House on the Prairie was based on.

Little House on he Prairie was the second book in her series, the first was Little house in the Big Woods

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

As usual, the Regressives are speaking from a position of ignorance.  Must not have heard of Nat Love and Nate Champion or the thousands of Hispanic and black cowboys that have rode the range from Canada to Mexico.

Bingo, SJ~!

And the Hannah boys got that one covered, too...!  

WHAT???  MORE OF THE POLITICALLY CORRECT SCREED FROM THE ILL INFORMED AND UN-ACCEPTING LIBERAL IDIOTS WHO HAVE TAKEN OVER THE CONTROL OF THE PUBLIC CONSCIENCE???

I'll be happy to point out to them the mistletoe attached to my shirt tail!!

MOST of the real cowboys for a LONG time were, Native American, Hispanic, or of African decent!!  Cattlemen and ranchers would generally hire ANYONE who would give them an honest day's work!!  Most real cowboys didn't, and STILL DON'T have a racist point of view!! They were the originators of "content of one's character"!!

Cowpokes?

2 hours ago, South-Eye Ned said:

Cowpokes?

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I thought that was an Oklahoma thing that wasn't to be talked about.

Not to be confused with cow tipping.

21 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

As usual, the Regressives are speaking from a position of ignorance.  Must not have heard of Nat Love and Nate Champion or the thousands of Hispanic and black cowboys that have rode the range from Canada to Mexico.

How true indeed. What many people don't realize, (and I heard this a lot about the new magnificent seven being the "PC" seven) is that the old west was perhaps the most diverse time and place in the history of our nation. It makes San Francisco today look like an all white boys club by comparison.

Up here in the great white north, we can no longer use the term "Indians", they are now called Indigenous people.  Indians are people (are you ready for this?) that are here from India.  The term Eskimo is getting on the banned list as they are now Indigenous people.  We have a CFL professional football team called the Edmonton Eskimos, it is going to be changed but, right now, we do not know to what.  The world has gone nuts.

The indians and eskimos are no more or less indigenous than I am.  Nor are they any more or less native than I am.  I am starting to get offended at the idea that I somehow don't belong here just because your ancestors came over before mine. 

3 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

The indians and eskimos are no more or less indigenous than I am.  Nor are they any more or less native than I am.  I am starting to get offended at the idea that I somehow don't belong here just because your ancestors came over before mine. 

I think the same way about "African Americans". Black Americans aren't any more African than I am.

And just to really be a jackass, when these people talk about "reparations" and such. I think that they already have them. If they're ancestors hadn't been brought to this country, THEY, if they even existed, would probably be chasing their dinner and pooping in a hole in the ground, not driving a nice car, watching a big screen TV, and talking on a cell phone.

Mods, if this is over the line, please take appropriate action.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:50 PM, South-Eye Ned said:

Cowpokes?

On 7/12/2018 at 4:32 PM, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I thought that was an Oklahoma thing that wasn't to be talked about.

Naw.  Wasn't that Wyoming?

What was that movie 'bout those two what couldn't be cowboys so became sheepherders...?  :rolleyes: 

(And no, I did NOT see the movie!)

I didn’t see it, either.

Archived