SASS Wire Forum

Another Interpretation question

irish ike, SASS #43615

20 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Oh I'm sure we would see eye to eye on many things.

Furthermore, I have always had a distaste for the "Default position". I believe it came about because some folks didn't think it looked cowboy to be all bent up and crouched over one's gun at the start of a stage. I'm in the camp of "who cares", since anyone can do the same.

The default position is not uniformly performed nor enforce... Regardless of the original intentions, it should be put in the same trash bin as the closed lever penalty.

The "Sweep" issue is a whole nuther story ;)

Phantom

Yes Sir....and IMO, we should throw  "empty hull in shotgun" in that trash bin. Fought this along with Happy Jack, Snakebite, Hud, and others for years but never won the battle.  Heck they even stock a moratorium on the subject for years keeping us semi-quiet.  It's back for discussion though.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Yes Sir....and IMO, we should throw  "empty hull in shotgun" in that trash bin. Fought this along with Happy Jack, Snakebite, Hud, and others for years but never won the battle.  Heck they even stock a moratorium on the subject for years keeping us semi-quiet.  It's back for discussion though.

I agree 100 percent. In my lame opinion, it's far more dangerous for a shooter to be called back to clear a spent hull.

Now if the action is closed, then a MSV... something like that ;)

Phantom

1 minute ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I agree 100 percent. In my lame opinion, it's far more dangerous for a shooter to be called back to clear a spent hull.

Now if the action is closed, then a MSV... something like that ;)

Phantom

Just as we now have with rifle.

b

1 minute ago, Shooting Bull said:

Wellllllllllll crap!  We talked it out and came to a mature adult consensus.  I've never seen this on the Wire so I don't know what to do next. :wacko:

Glass... Or two... Of whiskey.

Archived