SASS Wire Forum

12 Angry Men

Subdeacon Joe

I thought this was going to be about a women’s Lacrosse team...

Pat (what couldn’t help himself) Riot :D

7 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I try to watch it whenever it is on 

Same here. I pick up something different each time I watch it.  This time it was the way Fiedler says "They're all gone.  Friend."

Fonda picked the perfect cast for it. 

Our company used it in management training seminars to analyze different personal interaction dynamics.  It never got old.

Mrs. Lose had it on this afternoon and it’s the first time I’ve ever seen the end.

17 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Mrs. Lose had it on this afternoon and it’s the first time I’ve ever seen the end.

I usually miss the first few minutes - (flipping through channels at the top of the hour)  HEY!  It's on!  (looks at clock) Dang, missed the start. 

Today I caught it from the start.

2 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

watching it now and my two teenagers are mesmerized ,  

I’m guessing their first two questions were: why there were no women on the jury; and, why don’t they turn on the air conditioning.

55 minutes ago, South-Eye Ned said:

I’m guessing their first two questions were: why there were no women on the jury; and, why don’t they turn on the air conditioning.

And the comment: "They're SMOKING!"

15 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

And the comment: "They're SMOKING!"

And”Why are they all dressed up?”

J-Bar,

The company I worked for also used this movie in a week long management training course.  Excellent movie.  

I think there has been a remake IIRC.  Don't know if it is as great as the original.

They don't make em like that anymore. And they won't. No explosions, loud music or CGI special effects.

3 hours ago, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

I think there has been a remake IIRC.  Don't know if it is as great as the original

'97. Made for TV.

Jack Lemmon was Fonda. Tony Danza had the tickets to the game. The lieutenant from Miami Vice was the polite foreign guy ("Why are you so polite all the time?"  "For the same reason you are not. It's how I was raised.")

Couple or three black guys on the jury this time. 

Patton was the holdout.

I didn't like it as much.

2 minutes ago, Alpo said:

"Why are you so polite all the time?"  "For the same reason you are not. It's how I was raised.")

Great lines.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

They don't make em like that anymore. And they won't. No explosions, loud music or CGI special effects.

Yep.You could hear all of the dialog!   I was trying to watch a movie a few days ago, had to turn the volume way up to hear the words, then quickly turn it way down to keep from being blasted by the music and special effects sounds.  Gave up after about 20 minutes

3 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

It never is.

The 1948 John Wayne 3 Godfathers was MUCH better than the 1936 Chester Morris 3 Godfathers.

The 1931 Maltese Falcon, with Ricardo Cortez, was okay.

The 1936 remake (called Satan Met a Lady) with Warren William sucked terribly. The fat man was a fat lady, the jewel-encrusted gold bird was a ram's-horn trumpet full of diamonds, and "Ted Shane" (Sam Spade) was more of a conman than a detective.

But the 1941 SECOND remake. The one with Bogey. THAT'S a classic.

33 minutes ago, Alpo said:

The 1948 John Wayne 3 Godfathers was MUCH better than the 1936 Chester Morris 3 Godfathers.

The 1931 Maltese Falcon, with Ricardo Cortez, was okay.

The 1936 remake (called Satan Met a Lady) with Warren William sucked terribly. The fat man was a fat lady, the jewel-encrusted gold bird was a ram's-horn trumpet full of diamonds, and "Ted Shane" (Sam Spade) was more of a conman than a detective.

But the 1941 SECOND remake. The one with Bogey. THAT'S a classic.

I cannot dispute that comparison as I have not seen that particular original. However, I highly recommend the first remake being, “Hell’s Heroes”(1929), with a younger Charles Bickford in the John Wayne roll.  I won’t say it’s better than the Wayne version but is still worthy to watch.

Archived